[13]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hansol and Tao marched to the Hwangs’ residence to pick up Taeyong to join them in going to the university; however, when Mrs. Hwang opened the door, she had to relay them an unfortunate news. “Taeyong is not feeling well right now. He has to stay home and rest.”

“That’s too bad, eomonim. Hope he gets well soon.” said Hansol.

 

They left and went to the girls’ houses to pick them up but when Wendy learned that Taeyong was not feeling well, she decided not go too. “I suppose Seulgi wouldn’t join too…” Tao said on their way to the Kims’ residence but then they saw Seulgi waving her hand and running towards them.

Tao: Seriously, can’t you wait until we reach your house? Are you that excited?

Hansol: Yeah kiddo. You’re not even graduating yet.

Seulgi: I know, I know… but Wendy texted me that she wouldn’t go and I know you guys. There’s a big chance that you would leave me.

The guys’ silence confirms Seulgi’s thoughts. “See. You can’t get rid of me.” she got in the middle of them and hooked her arms in theirs. “Let’s go.” she smiled.

 

The three kept on bickering all the way to the campus but after almost three hours, they finally arrived. “Heol!” Seulgi took a deep breath and decided that she should just contact her sister instead of surprising her at her building because they kept on going through the wrong direction. She figured out that it would take less time and bickering that way. “Unnie said that her class is about to end in 20 minutes so let’s just wait for her in that cafeteria.”

 

Hyoyeon excitedly ran towards her dongsaengs. “OMG Guys! You picked the best day to have this surprise visit. Sehun has a track event today. It's his first time to run for the university. Come on, let’s go pick up Myong at her dorm! The event’s about to start in an hour and I still have to find you seats.” 

 

Miyoung’s classes just ended and she felt sleepy so she wanted to sleep at her dorm. She was about to enter the building when suddenly Hansol and Tao popped out of nowhere, making her scream.

Hyoyeon: Myong? Where are you going?

Miyoung: *speechless* H-huh? I was planning to sleep. So tired.

Hyoyeon: Come on, let’s go! I relieved you from being a muse because you said you were busy, but at least support our sports events. *pulls Miyoung’s arm and drags her to the track complex* Plus, it's Sehun’s event. Obviously you have to support him. We have to!

 

Seulgi cheered on the way to the venue. Once they arrived, Hyoyeon helped them get better seats. “Hoya, I’m sorry, I know I only asked for two seats but can you spare me three more?” Hoya nodded. “It’s fine. It’s only me and Luhan anyways. The others bailed cos they preferred watching contact sports.” Hyoyeon grinned upon learning that Luhan would be joining them so she made Miyoung sit beside the reserved seat for Luhan. Miyoung rolled her eyes but in reality, she didn’t really mind because she liked hanging out with Luhan.

 

Sehun was stretching as he took a glance at the audience area. He was surprised to find his friends waving at him. As his eyes scanned towards the right, he got even more surprised tp see that Miyoung was also there. She didn’t bother looking at him and just busied herself looking at her phone. He wanted to approach them but was afraid that it might get awkward and the others would notice. He just watched her as he stretched and then noticed that Luhan was approaching. He repeatedly wished, almost chanting under his breath, that he would sit somewhere else until the very end but of course, he sat beside her. He got bothered by how she greeted him and how they seemed to be even closer that all her attention was on him.

Luhan: Oh hey. *whispers* I really mean no offense by this but I didn’t expect to see you here.

Miyoung: I know. I was supposed to go to sleep but they caught me and you know, the secret is still a secret so I’m here.

Luhan: You look pale, though. Are you alright? *touches her cheeks*

Miyoung: I’m not fine but I’m better than when you gave me that hangover cure yesterday.

Luhan: That was Thursday.

Miyoung: Oh… maybe Taeyeon gave me. Or was it this morning? I honestly don’t remember. 

Luhan: Hey. Have you been drinking every night? *Miyoung smiles* Myong, I’m getting worried. You should've called me.

Miyoung: I’m fine Hanhan... I know you're busy too.

Luhan: Don't be absurd. I said I'll always be there for you if you need me. Did you go home or have you been staying at the dorm?

Miyoung: I've been staying at the dorm again.

Luhan: Then can we grab something to eat after this?

Miyoung: Hey… are you guarding me or something?

Luhan: I just want to make sure you’re alright.

Miyoung: Okay fine. Hanhan… *rolls eyes playfully*

Luhan: Great. *boops her nose*

Miyoung: Yah. *playfully hits Luhan*

 

Miyoung was caught off guard with the loud bang from the starting pistol that she almost lost balance. Luhan immediately grabbed her and pulled her close to him. She squinted her eyes to find Sehun among the athletes. She was conflicted about not wanting to watch him but also wanting to support him. She looked away for a second but the next thing she knew was that Seulgi suddenly yelled Sehun's name, Hyoyeon cried from worry and the crowd gasped. She noticed Luhan looked serious so she glanced at the field and saw Sehun on the ground, clasping his knee with both of his hands because he tripped while jumping on one of the hurdles. “Sehun!” Miyoung screamed. She immediately ran towards the field and approached Sehun followed by Seulgi and the others.

 

Miyoung arrived along with the medic which made the scene very crowded. She placed his head on her lap while the medic tried to check the severity of the injury. She tried to hold her tears while Sehun’s face and calming him. “Can you stand? Can you move this leg?” asked the medic. Sehun nodded. The medic and his assistant helped him stand up so they could take him to the tent nearby.

Miyoung was still shocked by what just happened and was trying to compose herself. “Hey, he’s going to be fine. I heard one of the medic say, ‘pulled hamstring’. Don’t worry, he just needs rest.” Luhan said as he her back gently.

 

Once they laid Sehun on the bed tent, the assistant placed a pillow under his leg and an ice pack on top. Seulgi, Hyoyeon, Hansol and Tao arrived at the tent followed by Miyoung and Luhan. Seulgi kept crying that Sehun himself had to assure her that he’s not that hurt. “The medic said, they have to bring me to the hospital for xray just to be sure.” 

Joon: Hey Myong.

Miyoung: Joon? What are you doing here?

Joon: I’m in charge here in the tent. I just called for an ambulance to pick up your friend. Are you going with him?

Miyoung: Ye—

Sehun: It’s fine. It’s just me.

Miyoung: But… are you sure? We could go with you…

Sehun: Joon-ssi… I can manage. *looks at Miyoung frigidly* Don’t worry noona, you can leave. I’m fine.

Seulgi: But Sehunnie… we can’t let you go alone. Can we go please??? We’re all worried.

Sehun: Okay fine.

Joon: Actually, there’s only room for one. *Seulgi stood up to volunteer*

Hyoyeon: *looks at Miyoung* uhh… Miyoung can—

Sehun: Hyo noona can go with me.

Seulgi: What?

Hyoyeon: He’s right… Seulgi, you can’t stay out too late. You, Hansol and Tao should go home as early as you can. I’ll stay with Sehun and update you guys.

 

Miyoung and Luhan brought Seulgi, Hansol and Tao somewhere to eat before they could go home. When Miyoung learned that Taeyong was not feeling well, she decided to go home with them. “But noona, wouldn’t it be a hassle? You’d have to go back alone.” asked Tao. “No it’s fine. I just want to check on my brother quickly and then I’d ride the bus back here, maybe.” said Miyoung.

Luhan got worried that Miyoung would have to go back alone so he volunteered to go with them.

 

Miyoung: Are you sure? *Luhan nodded* I don’t want you to travel for hours. That’s too much trouble.

Luhan: It’s fine really. I don’t want you to travel back alone either.

Miyoung: Okay fine, you win.

Seulgi: I texted unnie that you and oppa *looks at Luhan to see if it was alright that she called him ‘oppa’* are taking us home. She said Sehun’s fine. He was given some painkillers and was asked to put ice pack on his leg couple of times a day. Also, he’s not allowed to run and that he should limit walking for a while.

Tao: At least it wasn’t serious. We can all calm down now. Some day, huh?

Hansol: Yeah… who would have thought?! We just went here to tour the campus and we got all this action.

Miyoung: You wanted to tour the campus? Are you guys planning to go here next year?

Hansol: Only me.

Tao: Yeah, we’re migrating to Taiwan after the school year.

Miyoung: Oh no… and I wouldn’t be able to hangout with you as much. Like this is it, I think?

Luhan: Well, I know we’ve just met, but since you’re all here, Miyoung and I could tour you. If you want.

Miyoung: Yeah… that’s a great idea!

 

Hyoyeon: Well, Seulgi and the others are going to stay for a while. Myong and Luhan are touring them around the campus right now since Hansol is really interested in going there next year.

Sehun: Okay…

Hyoyeon: Aren’t you excited?! You and Hansol might be uni-mates next year!

Sehun: I’m sure that would be great…

Hyoyeon: You don’t sound thrilled… but I guess it’s because of your leg. However, I noticed that you were acting strange earlier. I was almost sure you’d choose Myong to go with you. Are you in a fight or something?

Sehun: *pauses for a while* I thought you wanted her to hangout with that guy more?

Hyoyeon: OMG really?! That’s a relief. Who knew we would be accomplices? We could win against your sister.

Sehun: What? Win what?

Hyoyeon: Well… you know. The satisfaction that she chose Luhan over the other guy that Bora brought last time.

Sehun: Satisfaction? You do realize that this should first and foremost be about Myong noona’s happiness, right?

Hyoyeon: I know… I know…

Sehun: What if she found someone else and picked that guy instead of the ones you picked for her?

Hyoyeon: Why? Do you know something?

Sehun: Not my point, noona.

Hyoyeon: Well… Just between us, during middle school, she was bullied a lot by our schoolmates. Because of that, she became very insecure and lonely. No matter how much Bora and I tried to be there for her, she just wanted to be by herself. It was when she met her first boyfriend, Myungsoo, that she started to open up to us again. He helped her get over her social anxiety and fears. He protected her against bullies but then, his family had to migrate to the Canada. When he left, Miyoung reverted back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter