[15]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa: Tyong… are you sure you don’t want to join us?

Mr. Hwang: Yeah… it’d be like “Boys Day Out”

Taeyong: *grunts at his dad’s joke* I’m okay, dad. It’s also not really all boys since noona would be there too.

Mr. Hwang: How about “Hwangs Day Out”? *Taeyong rolls his eyes*

Mrs. Hwang: I thought you missed your noona?

Taeyong: I do miss her but I’m not in the mood watching guys kicking a ball from one end to another.

 

(3 hours later)

Taeyong: LUUUHAAANNNN GOALLLLLL!!!! *pumps fist in the air*

Yonghwa: YEAHHHHHH

Mr. Hwang: That’s my son-in-law!!!!!!!

Miyoung hid her face in her palms. She wanted to support Luhan and she was happy that he has scored his second goal but her guests, especially her dad, kept on shouting embarrassing stuff which were heard by everyone near them.

 

After the game, Luhan ran towards the field directly across their seats and waved at them. 

Taeyong: Noona, you chose the best seats!

Miyoung: Oh I didn’t. Actually, Luhan did. He bought your tickets.

Mr. Hwang: That’s it. You should marry him.

Yonghwa: Yeah. You can even get married first if you want. I'll explain it to Seohyun and she'll understand.

Mr. Hwang waved at Luhan with much enthusiasm and gave him two thumbs up. He looked at his daughter and sent a message using his eyes.

Miyoung stood up from her seat and went down the steps onto the field. When Luhan saw her running towards him, he also ran to meet her in the middle and welcomed him into his arms. 

 

“Luhannn! You’re so sweaty.”

Luhan immediately broke the hug. He blushed thinking Miyoung wanted to embrace him. “Ohhh I’m so sorry, I thought…”

Miyoung laughed and pulled him back to hug him. “I’m kidding, I don’t mind. Good job!” She then pointed the three guys following her and whispered to him, “I actually came here to ask you if it’s alright with you to take a photo with my dad and my brothers.”

Luhan laughed, “Of course it’s fine.” He gestured to the three to come closer.

Miyoung rolled her eyes at the four while taking photos of their goofy and wacky poses. She took a bunch photos as her dad instructed but then her dad approached her and took his camera. He ordered Miyoung to walk to Luhan so he could take a photo of the two together.

 

While waiting Luhan to freshen up and change his casual clothes, Mr. Hwang gawked at the photos that they took earlier. He didn’t care that his three children were giggling at him for being a total fanboy. “Miyoung, you did a good job.” he said.

 

Sehun just returned back to his dorm from his last class. He immediately went to his bed and covered himself with his blanket.

Baekhyun: *removes blanket covering his face* Yo, Sehun… I know you’re moping because of your breakup but you have to go out too, not just during your classes. Come on, let's go out with my friends, they’ll help you forget your problems even just for a little while.

Sehun: I don’t think I deserve to forget what I’ve done… even just for a little bit.

Baekhyun: During the time that I’ve known Miyoung, I don’t think she’ll want you like that. Don’t you have your training? Your leg’s healed up, right?

Sehun: I quit the team.

Baekhyun: Are you sure? Because Lee Taemin dropped by a couple of times and was asking for you. He said that you haven’t been showing up. Someone still looking for you doesn’t really mean you’re officially out of the team. Come on, let’s go out. It’s Saturday anyway, let’s go to that pizza place with my guy friends. We're going to have some fun. *pulls Sehun out of bed* You know I’m not going to stop.

Sehun gave in but his face didn’t hide his disapproval.

 

“Sehun, these are my friends, Chanyeol and Joonmyeon. They’re sophomores too.” Baekhyun then looked at his friends, “This is Sehun. He’s the guy I told you about.”

Chanyeol: Ahhh… don’t worry, Sehun-ssi. We’ll make sure you have fun today.

Joonmyeon: *looks at him from head to toe* Yeah, for a change..

Chanyeol: Where’s Jaehyun anyway?

Baekhyun: He said he’ll just follow us. I’ve sent him a text. *faces Sehun* By the way, Sehun, one more guy is coming with us later. Jaehyun is a freshman like you. He started college second term last year so he’s sort of a half and half.

 

Luhan got out of the locker room and reunited with Miyoung’s family since her dad wanted to treat them some lunch. Yonghwa and him were busy talking to Luhan while Miyoung was with Taeyong right behind them.

Taeyong: Noona, are you feeling better? You suddenly stopped coming home.

Miyoung: I’m doing better now. I’m sorry for worrying you. You should focus on your studies, you’re graduating in a few months.

Taeyong: Okay noona. I'm glad you're okay now. You look less stressed than last time.

Miyoung: Soo… where are you planning to study? Are you going to SKK with Wendy?

Taeyong: I’m not sure… I’m still looking at different curriculums but basically I’m just preparing for the college entrance exams for now.

Miyoung: Good luck little brother!

Taeyong: Dad seems to like Luhan hyung, a lot.

Miyoung: Yeah… I’ve never seen dad like this.

Taeyong: Are you dating him?

Miyoung: *pauses for a while*

Taeyong: Yah noona… it’s a basic yes or no question, you should at least know.

Miyoung: Technically we're not but we've been hanging out every day and I kinda like him but I’m still taking my time to figure things out.

Taeyong: That’s good, noona. Protect your heart.

Miyoung: Yah… why are you the one giving me advise?

Taeyong: Cos I’m not the single one in our family. *grins*

Miyoung laughed and playfully locked her brother's head with her elbows.

 

The four were about to enter the pizza place when Sehun stopped at the door.

Chanyeol: What’s wrong?

Baekhyun: *looks around* Oh. Guys, we gotta go.

Sehun: I should just go back to the dorm.

Joonmyeon: Why? We haven’t even started.

Baekhyun: That’s his ex.

Chanyeol: Hwang Miyoung? Your ex is Hwang Miyoung?! What??

Baekhyun: Come on Yeol, not here. Let’s go somewhere else… 

Baekhyun tugged Chanyeol’s sleeve while holding Sehun’s arm on the other, making sure that he wouldn’t have a chance to escape.

 

They tried to stay away near the campus area to avoid running into Miyoung and ended up in a tiny and cramped samgyupsal tent two blocks away. The moment got a table, Joonmyeon immediately ordered some samgyupsal and soju.

Chanyeol: So Hwang Miyoung?! If I remember Baek’s story correctly, you broke up with her???

Baekhyun: Yah… no need to rub it in Yeol. We’re here to have fun so you have to stop interrogating him with that judgy tone.

Chanyeol: But Hwang Miyoung…

Baekhyun: Also, stop saying her full name. We've already established the person we're talking about.

Chanyeol: How did you even know her? You’re a freshman.

Sehun: We grew up together in the same neighborhood. Their house is just across ours. *realizes something* How did you know her? Did you date her too?!

Chanyeol: Well… I used to be in English Syntax class with Jongin sunbae and his best friend, Ravi. You must have met him if you live in the same neighborhood with Miyoung.

Sehun: Yeah I did. Unfortunately.

Chanyeol: I don’t know what you’re implying but you know sunbae’s a good person. If he was still here, we would’ve been in the same class with Ravi.

Sehun: He’s not enrolled here?

Chanyeol: Yeah. His ex before Miyoung was just obsessed with him. He even transferred universities to protect Miyoung.

Sehun: Really?? But my sister said he cheated on her. They caught him.

Chanyeol: Cheating? That doesn’t really sound like Jongin sunbae. Maybe he had a reason...

Joonmyeon: Geez, I thought we’re supposed to have fun?! Why are we gossiping about people half of us don’t even know? *Baekhyun laughs*

Baekhyun: Yah Joonmyeon, you finished one bottle already? I thought Sehun was the one who needed some cheering up…

Joonmyeon: Well the snoozefest stories they’re having didn’t really give me any other stuff to do.

Baekhyun: *spots someone walking towards them* Here comes Jaehyun.

Jaehyun: Yah Baekhyun, I was looking for you at the pizza place. Why did you suddenly change?

Chanyeol: Because of Hwang Miyoung. Remember her?

Jaehyun: WHOA. I was just sitting behind their table and her dad was seriously bragging about her boyfriend to the waiters. *Joonmyeon rolled his eyes*

Sehun: Boyfriend?

Jaehyun: Yeah the new guy from the football team, Xi Luhan.

Sehun: *raises his eyebrow* How are you so sure he's her boyfriend?

Jaehyun: They live together.

Sehun: They? Live together?

Jaehyun: Yeah. I heard her borrowing some kitchen stuff from my mom a few days ago and then she was with Luhan when she returned them the next morning. We live in the same floor. Besides, at the pizza shop earlier, her dad kept on going about ‘how awesome is his son-in-law’ and all. I think they came from the football match earlier. *Baekhyun gasped*

Sehun's heart sank upon hearing Jaehyun's story. When Joonmyeon noticed that he was about to cry, he immediately handed him a shot of soju. "Here. This might help."

After a few rounds of drinks, the five of them decided to continue drinking and go to a karaoke. While Baekhyun and Chanyeol were busy hogging the microphones, Sehun was able to convince Jaehyun to sneak out and bring him to the Luhan and Miyoung's apartment. Joonmyeon followed them while the other two didn't notice as they were busy singing and partying.

 

Luhan was about to go to bed when he heard someone ringing the bell repeatedly. He peeked at the peephole and saw his neighbor waiting at the door. He wondered if they had forgotten to return everything and why couldn't he just ask for it in the morning but nevertheless, he decided to open the door.

Luhan: Jaehyun-ssi... is something wrong?

Jaehyun: Uhh...

Sehun: *suddenly reveals himself* Where is Miyoung?!

Luhan: Sehun-ssi, I don't think it's right that you're here especially when you're drunk. Maybe it's best if you go back to your dorm and rest.

Sehun: *shouts* Miyoung! Miyoung!

Luhan: She is not here.

Sehun: Why should I believe you?

Luhan: Because she's not here.

Sehun ignored him and went inside, searching for her around the place but just like Luhan said, he realized that she really wasn't there. He stopped and frowned, looking at the view outside. 

Luhan: Do you believe me now? Do you need anything else?

Joonmyeon: Sorry for barging in.

Jaehyun: Yeah... sorry...

Luhan accepted their apologies and asked them to leave. Joonmyeon and Jaehyun both walked towards Sehun and grabbed his arms so they could leave but before they could walk out the door, Luhan suddenly called Sehun. "Sehun-ssi, even if Miyoung was here, you have no right to just barge in here. I hope this doesn't happen again."

 

Hyoyeon: Too bad I missed abonim and your brothers earlier. I was busy with U-League meetings with other school representatives. I'm so jealous that you'll be able to go home during the break.

Miyoung: Yeah... too bad you'll be left here.

Hyoyeon: Why can't you just stay here and watch your Hanhan's games? Even Sehun's? I actually made it easy for you that I convinced the commitee to schedule most of the track events the same day with football so you wouldn't have a hard time supporting them both.

Miyoung: I'll try but I promised mom and Seohyun I'll help them out with the wedding preparations so I'll be busy as well.

Hyoyeon: Fine, at least try to attend the closing ceremonies. I promise you wouldn't need to be a muse this time. Although, you walking with Luhan during the event would be a total delight. Are you sure you can't?

Miyoung: I'll try... The muse thing is a no-go but I'll try to attend. Don't tell Luhan though. I don't want to get his hopes up when I'm not even sure.

Hyoyeon: Don't try. Do attend. If our university wins a lot of gold medals, for sure there's an afterparty. We're already leading so there a big chance that this party's a sure thing. It's going to be a blast and I know how much you like partying and drinking.

Miyoung: We'll see. Anyways, we're going to see each other again on August. You'll be at the bridal shower and wedding, right?!

Hyoyeon: More like baby shower *laughs* Yeah... Sehun's birthday is coming up too. Though I'm not sure where he'll celebrate this year because of his training. Tao leaving soon might make him want to celebrate it at home.

Miyoung: *tries to act casually* Yeah... probably...

Hyoyeon: Where is he anyways? Have you seen him anywhere recently?

Miyoung: Hmm... I was busy preparing for my tests so I haven't.

Hyoyeon: Okay, I should get back. One of my dorm mates is celebrating his birthday.

Miyoung: Yah! You still haven't introduced me to that Eunhyuk guy.

Hyoyeon: Attend the closing ceremony and the afterparty and then I'll introduce him to you. *smirks*

Miyoung: Fine fine... we'll see...

 

 

Sehun was still frustrated from what happened yesterday when they barged into Luhan's house. Jaehyun was apologetic for giving him wrong information so he offered to bring him to a batting cage so Sehun can release some of his pent out feelings. He drove inside the campus to pick Sehun up from his dorm but before they could ride his car again, Sehun's track teammate, Taemin, approached them. Taemin invited Sehun to attend the training again because their senior didn't accept his decision to quit. He told Sehun that they are expecting his return because he shows a great promise. He added that Sehun shouldn't waste his talent just because of one minor injury during his first official game.

"I'll think about it." Sehun said.

"Just show up. It's okay if you want to focus on your final exams for now but we'll be waiting for you during summer break, okay?" Taemin said before leaving the two.

Jaehyun: Wow, seems like they're very eager to keep you. How good are you exactly?

Sehun: Let's just go to the batting cage.

Jaehyun: Why did you quit anyways? He said you just had a minor injury so it must be something else.

Sehun:  If not for track, I would still be with Miyoung right now.

Jaehyun: Really? How so? Last time, she watched Luhan's game so I doubt that she's not supportive.

Sehun: It's a long story.

Jaehyun: Fine. Whatever you say anyways, I'm not convinced that track was the reason. I hope you're not letting go of great opportunities just because you had your heart broken.

Sehun: I think you're still drunk from last night. 

 

 

Wendy suggested that they study in the library to prepare for their upcoming midterm tests. Hansol complained because he wanted to follow his crush, Kim Jisoo, at her favorite hangout place because he wouldn't see her much during summer break. He was planning to escape with Tao when suddenly Wendy reminded them regarding their grades. Since they were all graduating, except for Seulgi, their test results would greatly affect their grades which will be looked at in their college applications.

"Alright, we'll stay!" Hansol exclaimed which earned so many looks from the people inside the building.

"This is a library, Hansol. Keep your voice down." Wendy whispered.

Taeyong giggled as he stood up and walked towards the database to locate the book he was looking for. He walked to the shelf number note. As he reached for the book, he bumped into another person.

Taeyong: Miss Bae?

Joohyun: *smiles* I see that we're getting the same book.

Taeyong: *gets another copy* Here Miss Bae.

Joohyun: Thanks.

Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter