Chapter Four

Recruited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"I love you..."

chapter four

 

Kris and I walked back to the hidden ship in the cold night; half of the street lights were out so in some places, we could’ve barely seen past our noses so we had to hold on to each other for guidance.

“Kris, where are we going to go? I think that my parents would’ve notified the authourities of our whereabouts by now; what if they find the boat?”

He sighed, “You’re right,” he stopped walking, “I have an idea…maybe two”

“Sure, what are they?”

“We can head to back to the boat, make sure we have all that we’ll need to survive then head Incheon-because that’s where your sister is-rescue her then we head west to the Sobaek Mountains. We should be safe there until this all hopefully blows over.”

I was confused, “Kris…how do you know where Jessie is?”

“I saw the brochure for the training facility there while you and your parents were, so I’m supposing that’s where she was taken too.”

I was so happy that we got a lead on Jessie’s whereabouts that I didn’t even realize what I did next.

Kris

She hugged me. I can’t believe it. When she pulled away and smiled at me I felt like if there wasn’t even any war going on. I tucked away the image of her smile and it put a spring in my step as we continued on to the beach.

As we were gathering things, she turned to me and asked, “Kris, what’s your story. Why are you even helping me?”

That question kind of caught me off guard; I couldn’t let her know of how much I like her or how long I’ve been admiring her from afar, she might think of me as a stalker so I quickly came up with something.

“I knew that you hadn’t been taken yet for the genetic alteration so I decided to take you with me instead of letting another person unintentionally sell themselves and then earlier, when I saw how you defended yourself against your parents and your determination to save your little sister made me certain that you are a trustworthy person to be with.”

She smiled at me again, seemingly accepting my answer and I felt my heart flutter at the way her eyes turn into crescents when she’s smiling widely.

I was so caught up in her natural beauty that I didn’t hear her next question, “Huh? What’d you say?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter