Chapter Two

Recruited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Nowhere is safe."

chapter TWO

 

What am I even doing right now?

I’m running away with a guy who I don’t even know.

Yeah mom and dad… I’m making you REAL proud here.

After I stuffed all my into one bag I met up with Kris by the same service elevator.

“You got all your necessary stuff?”

“Uhh…yeah. I hope so.”

“Okay. Now we’ve got to take the service elevator to the top floor then crawl through the vents to get up to the roof then…” he looked at me.

“Then?”

“Then we jump.”

“What?! You the hell told you that I’m going to jump off a flippin’ 10 story building!”

“We have to! We are going to jump off from the back-into the bushes then run through the forest to get to the harbor. If you do it any other way we will run into guards.”

I sighed, “Okay”

We climbed into the elevator again and Kris pushed the lever up and we rose slowly. Too slowly for my liking.

Suddenly it stopped and the doors were forced open. I gasped in shock at them in front of me. Emotionless faces with empty eyes and only one thing on their minds-kill.

Quickly, before they could grab any of us, Kris pushed at the top of the wooden elevator with all of his strength. When he finally broke through, he pushed me up through the hole and I started climbing. By the time Kris got through, all the others had already piled into the small space but luck was against them. Their combined weight caused the wire that was connected to the top to snap which sent them plummeting down to the basement. When we heard the crash, we continued to climb, knowing that we were safe…for now.

When we got to the top floor, we climbed through the door and ran through the halls, looking for the door that leads out to the roof, but once again we ran into them.

“How did they get up here so fast?” I asked, almost out of breath.

“It doesn’t matter,” Kris said as he tried another door on our left, our ex-comrades ominously getting closer to us, “if we don’t get out of here now, we’ll be dead.”

When he fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter