Chapter Ten

Recruited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Jessie"

chapter ten

Warning: Character death (read A/N at the end please)

We sat together in the cell, neither of us saying anything. A couple minutes ago we were caught in a fierce lip lock and now we were embracing each other.

The comfortable silence was broken when I heard footsteps in the hall outside. I tensed up, wondering if they were coming to us.

I was proved right when the footsteps stopped outside our door.

When the door opened, my mouth dropped and my eyes widened when I saw who it was.

“Jessie,” I whispered, “I can’t believe it’s you!”

Tears welled up in my eyes as I got up to hug her.

“Don’t come any closer.”

I stopped in my tracks when I heard those words come out of . My once sweet little sister was looking at me with such cold eyes.

“Jessie, please just hear me out, it’s me, your sist-“

“You’re not my sister anymore.”

“Wha-”

“I looked up to you all my life. When you were chosen to be a part of this special program, I was so proud of you. I said to myself that I was going to be great like you someday…but then one day a man came to us telling us that you’ve run away; that you and that boy,” she pointed to Kris, “betrayed our country and were working for the West. I felt so ashamed to be known as your sister so when they asked me to replace you I took the offer. But I wasn’t just going to replace you. I was going to be better than you and now I am and it would be my pleasure to kill you tomorrow morning.”

I fell to my knees in front of her and she looked down at me in disgust.

I held onto her hand tightly and cried.

“Jessica how can you think that? I never even planned to join the Western forces. How could you let them feed you such lies? You ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter