Chapter One

Recruited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori."

chapter ONE

 

If anyone ever tells you that’s it’s an honor to be a soldier, fighting for your country then laugh in their face and call them out on their . Because what they’re saying is exactly that- bull. And do you know what I think about that damn saying ‘Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori’? I think that Horace can take it and shove it up his- (you get where I’m going with this.) *

-

I’m gone now- I wish I was still around to make things right with Jessica and him- but that’s not the point right now. I’m back because I have unfinished business. I need to tell someone my story so that I can move on peacefully, so I chose you. So just sit back, relax, grab yourselves some popcorn and let me tell you my story…but I must tell you...it’s not a happy story…my life was never truly happy…

-

Five years ago the whole world was at peace…well kind off. You still had little skirmishes and outbreaks here and there but they were always quickly resolved.

Four years ago, the eastern countries decided to unite as one, the western countries followed suit.

Three years ago, everyone in the world was finally happy. Even though the world was still divided, the people lived together in harmony. No wars, no diseases, no nothing. We were finally one. But every good thing never lasts long, now does it?

Two years ago, things began stirring, but it was on such a small scale that no one noticed. The westerners had elected a new president who, as soon as he came in power, kept declaring that he was going to wage war against us in the East for all of our wicked, twisted ways. Of course we all thought that he was just bluffing because we all believed that our supreme emperor was nothing more than a gentle giant…but he had us all fooled.

Last year was when it all started. But it was who started it was what shocked us here in the East. Our loving gentle giant emperor had single handedly massacred the president’s entire family when they visited New China and of course war broke out in our so called ‘perfect world’. I only wish my sister was alive to have to go through it…but then again it seems she took it better than I did.

-

After the war began, Emperor Aiguo announced that the first child of each family must be recruited into our army. No questions asked.

The training period was the worst time of my life. During that time, I realized how much I should’ve cared when everything was handed to me on a silver platter.

In training, they didn’t care for your gender. Every month we girls ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter