Chapter Nine

Recruited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Love me just the way that I love you."

chapter nine

 

“Don’t move.”

Crap.

We stopped in our tracks.

“Turn around. Slowly.”

We turned around and looked him in the eyes.

He gasped, “I know who you two are! You’re the two escapees! We’ve been looking all over the damn place for you two. You’re coming with me. You’re under arrest.”

He quickly handcuffed us and called for backup.

As we were being led off to only God knows where I looked over at Kris

‘I’m sorry.’ I mouthed to him.

He smiled at me and mouthed an ‘okay.’

We were ushered into a small room with dull grey walls and no windows. A single metal table and three chairs were in the middle of the room.

“Stay here. Our commander will be with you soon enough.”

He shoved me into the room and I stumbled and nearly fell.

“Hey!” Kris yelled, “You don’t treat a lady like that!”

The officer just laughed in his face then left.

Kris lunged at him just as he stepped out of the room, “Wait Kris, stop. It’s not worth it.”

He relaxed a bit then slunk down into one of the chairs and sighed.

I sat in the chair next to him but I didn’t say anything. I felt too guilty for getting us in the situation. I shouldn’t have gone after Jessie.

A couple minutes later, a large man entered the room. He was well decorated and his name tag read: ‘Muramoto, Takeshi’. His eyes were dark and showed no emotion whatsoever.

“You two,” he said as he pulled out the other chair, “have caused this country a lot of trouble,” He sat down. “What do you have to say for yourselves?”

We looked at each other, secretly willing each other not to say anything.

He looked at us, “Okay then. I see how it is. You won’t talk,” he said something into his walkie-talkie, “Well, we have ways of making you talk.” With that he left the room.

Well now I was officially scared. What would they do? Torture? Oh God, I hope not.

A few minutes later they came and took Kris. I stared at him in worry as they took him away.

Then a man came into the room, “Hello Miss Kim.”

“Hello.” I stood up and bowed slightly, the handcuffs keeping my hands behind my back.

He smiled at me, “It’s good to know that you were at least brought up right.”

His name tag read: ‘Tuan, Mark’ and he was really good looking with his red hair.

“Now I’m going to ask you a few questions.”

Hmm…I guess he’s going for the ‘good cop’ kind of thing.

“Why did you run away? Did you plan on betraying your country to go join those…those bastards in the West?”

“No. I ran away because what you guys are doing is sick.”

“Seems fair,” he shrugged, “but why didn’t you just stay away from places like these?”

“I came for someone.”

“Oh really now? Who?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter