Chapter 4: Party,Reunion,Balcony

Mondays to Mondays

Chapter  4

A clothing store at Myeongdong

                Gary checked himself in front of the mirror. Fidgeting and tugging the suit collar.

"Are you sure Sica? It's just a launch party, not a wedding," right now his neck is stuffed.

"Ne oppa, It's your night. You can't just throw in jeans and t-shirt and call it a day," Jessica was ruffling through some suits selections on display with Krystal. "Now, try this one," she handed another suit. Gary sighed and glanced at Gil. Weirdly, Gil is enjoying himself trying clothes after clothes.

As Jessica is flying to Japan tonight for a fan meet with Krystal , she couldn't attend the launch party. To make up for it, she volunteered to help Gary and Gil to choose clothes to wear for the night. She insisted in doing it even after Gary declined (based on past experience shopping with the girls, he really mean it). "Well, at least someone is having fun,"

After several hours of trying, bickering and dealing, Gary and Gil agreed to wear matching designer suits without ties . The group leave the shop and head to the parking lot. "My flight is in a three hours oppa. So we have to take our leave now, Sorry we couldn't attend the party,"

"Gwaenchana(it's okay) , have fun in Japan okay?"

"You too oppa, have fun," Jessica gave him a hug and both siblings waved goodbye as they left for their car. Gary looked to his right and realized Gil have been staring at him.

"What?"

*************************************************************************************

The next night.

The party is being held a hotel in Seoul. The ballroom is slowly being filled with guests looking with awe at the decorations  ice sculptures and Leessang's pictures . Music is blaring loudly to push the mood of partying.

The crowd roared with applause as Gil and Gary make their entrance. Congratulations came in droves as they reach the stage. Both of them gave a small speech thanking the people involved making the album. "As you know, our songs tells about our journey, and for the people who stayed with us during our journey, Thank you," Said Gary ending his speech. The hall once again was filled with roaring cheers by guests as they officially launched the party by unveiling of the album simply titled 'Unplugged'. Both bowed in gratitude to the crowd and stepped down the stage to join the crowd. After nearly a year of hard work, it's time to enjoy the result.

Gary glanced around until he find the people he wanted to meet the most, The RM family and his cousin Do-young. But he couldn't see any sign of Ji-hyo though. He shook off  his thought and made his way to the group.

"Gary ,congratulations!!!!,"  the group started to swarm him and one by one they hug him in happiness. "Thank you, it means a lot you guys made it," he bowed at them. Do-young shook his hand and pulled him for a heartfelt hug. "Hee-gun, maybe you've heard this a thousand times, but I'm still going to say I am proud of you," a proud Do-young said. "Hyung, you're my brother and I'll never get sick hearing that," Gary returned his hug. All of them took their seats at the reserved table. "Hyung, Ji-hyo noona(sister)texted me, she's stuck in a jam. She's going to be late," Kwang-soo waved his phone showing the text.

"Sure, no problem," said Gary hiding his disappointment.  Suk-jin and Kwang-soo leave the table and helped themselves at the buffet table. They were joined by Jae-sook and Suk-jin's wife. Kwang-soo can be seen happily grabbing sticks after sticks of grilled shrimp. Gary turned around and looked at HaHa and Jong-kook. "I can see Suk-jin hyung and Jae-sook hyung brought their plus ones. Where are yours?"

"Byul got a show recording tonight. She said hi though. What about you, muscles?" HaHa turned to Jong-kook. He is struggling to answer when Gary points to the entrance. "Hyung, I think your plus one have arrived,"

Jong-kook eyes widened in disbelief at what he saw. Yoon Eun-hye standing there just past the entrance exchanging greetings with some of the guests. Jong-kook turned his eyes to Gary."She....she's here....you invited her?"

"It's their idea," Gary and Jae-sook both pointed their fingers to Kwang-soo and Suk-jin at the buffet table, still munching grilled shrimps. Like taking note for a revenge, Jong-kook nodded. Eun-hye is still lingering near the entrance,looking a bit lost.

"Yah pabo(idiot)!!!! What are you waiting for? Go and greet her!" Jae-sook raised his voice which prompted Jong-kook to walk quickly to her. Gary smiled as his plan for his friend worked.

*************************************************************************************

A week ago,

After recording episode 97.

Yoo Jae-sook held and took a look at the sheet of paper handed by Gary. It's the guest list for Leessang's launch party. Some of the names were highlighted in yellow."So hyung, can you help me invite the names I highlighted?" asked Gary in front of him. they are the names of artists and some power player in music industry. Gary needs his connections to invite them. Jae -sook nodded as his eyes were going through the list again. "Yoon Eun-hye? Are you sure you want to invite her?"

"Especially her hyung. I want to do a favor for our friend," answered Gary expectantly.

"You're a good man Gary. Sure, I'll make sure she attends the party. Besides , It might be interesting,"Jae -sook stood up and shook Gary's hand as he about to take his leave.

*************************************************************************************

"Um....Eun-hye......annyeonghaseyo," a really nervous Jong-kook greeted. He can feel his palms literally sweating. "Jong-kook? Anyeonghaseyo. It's been a while. Thank god, finally I see someone I'm familiar with, you look dashing as ever," she cheerfully poked his broad chest."Well, you looked.... stunning Eun-hye," Jong -kook replied , trying so hard to be calm.*Im not stuttering......right?......right?*

"So, you're here with a date? Alone?" asked Eun-hye as she flicked a stray hair behind her ears with her left hand, an action that made Jong-kook felt his knees going astray. "I'm......a....alone,"

"Really? can you accompany me for tonight?" Eun-hye asked as she looked directly into his eyes. He nods and held out his hands."Let's go,"

 

Back at the RM table, Gary and the others didn't bat an eyelid seeing the exchange between Eun-hye and Jong-kook. They cheered (especially Kwang-soo) as Eun-hye took Jong-kook's hand and followed him to the dance floor. Gary smiled and mouthed a silent "thank you" to Jae-sook which he replied with a wink. Finally catching up what's going on, HaHa laughed and gave them a thumbs up.

After chatting for a while, he excused himself from the table, busying himself mingle with other guests. That's when his attention shifted to the entrance. Finally Song Ji-hyo have arrived. Wearing a red night gown, she looked ravishing. He couldn't help but felt his temperature raised a couple of degrees. He was about to pull out from the crowd when he saw that she's not alone.  Following her is her boyfriend, wearing a full black tuxedo. He can see they both exchange pleasantries with the RM family. Gary took a deep breath and retreated to the crowd. Right now, despite the crowd around him, he wished to be invisible.

After searching for a while he found a balcony attached to the ballroom. He opened the sliding door and leaned himself against one of the railings. he can see the crowd dancing and chatting happily inside. He knew he have good friends and family around him, but at this moment he felt like the loneliest man in the world.  He turned around and now facing the view outside, he took a deep breath. As he thought of snatching a bottle of wine and emptying it into his stomach, he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Kang Gary, the party's inside you know," Ji-hyo finally found him. He didn't turn around and continued to swallow the view in front of him. "I'm just taking some fresh air,"

Ji-hyo tapped his back making him turn around. "Congratulations on your new album. I can see oppa been working hard on it," She can guess the reason for Gary's behavior and she really needs to see if he's okay.

"Thank you, it means a lot when you say that," Gary replied with a smile. "So, now the album's out. How do you feel," Ji-hyo tried to start a conversation.

 "Nervous. Sure it's not our first album. But the feeling of nervousness is still there. Will people like it? hate it? so.....I'm nervous as hell now," Gary said while fiddling his thumbs.

"So oppa, are you going to keep being busy after this? ,"

"There's always work to be done. I've got promos and concerts after this. Why  are you asking this?," Ji-hyo's question intrigued Gary.

"Well, sometimes when I want to talk to you, you always looked busy. So I'm just wondering when will you have time to talk," Ji-hyo gave him a sad look.

" Ji-hyo yah, sure you can talk to me. I can always make time for you. we are talking right now, yes?" Gary couldn't bear to see that look. That look will always defeat him.

"So, anything on your mind?" For a while Gary felt some warmth inside his heart. With him alone with Ji-hyo at the balcony facing the city, he couldn't ask for more. Just a couple of more minutes with her.

But that moment was cut short and deep. Ji-hyo was about to open when the balcony door slides open behind her."There you are, I've been looking for you," her boyfriend  is there holding the door. he motioned himself to Gary and held out his hand and gave him a friendly smile."Baek Chang-joo. You must be Kang Gary right. I heard a lot about you, congratulations on your album by the way, "

Gary gave a bitter smile as he took the man's hand and shook it."I hope she told good things. Nice to meet you, thank you," Chang-joo nodded. "This place have a really nice view, don't you think Ji-hyo," she could only nod as he placed his hand around her waist. Gary could feel something inside him broke.

"It's the best view here. Both of you, enjoy the view. I have to check the caterings. Nice to meet you by the way. See you later Ji-hyo," Gary gave a lame excuse and leave without waiting for answer. He didn't mean to be rude, but he just couldn't be there any second more. As he walked past the crowd, he can see Do-young at the buffet table. Gary quickly approached him.

"Hyung, I'm leaving. But I'm not going to my place. I need to be alone. Can I crash at your shop tonight? Please hyung?" Do-young, feeling confused looked at Gary and then to behind him. As he saw Ji-hyo with her boyfriend at the balcony, Do-young nodded signaling he understood. He handed Gary his restaurant keys. "I'll tell my assistant to take out some blankets for you. If anybody asks, I'll make up some excuses. Now, go," said Do-young as he took out his phone. He shook his head in disbelief while looking at the couple in front of him.

*************************************************************************************

Piastra Calda  

It  was a short drive but it felt like forever to Gary. All the way to the shop, he cursed at himself. he cursed himself to be weak .He cursed himself for not being worthy enough to anyone. And he cursed himself for loving her . As his car parked in front of the restaurant, he banged his hands against the steering wheel. Each time the image of the guy's hand wrapped around Ji-hyo's waist played in his head, he'll scream and banged the steering wheel again. Finally feeling tired, he exited his car holding a bottle of wine. He's planning to drown his sorrow with it. Maybe finish it in one smooth gulp. He opened the restaurant's door and he can see some blankets folded neatly and a pillow at the singles bar. He took a seat there and ruffled his head. As he opened the wine bottle, something caught his eyes.

A big cup of milky coffee was placed on tray next to the stack of blankets with a note folded underneath. He pulled out the note and read it. It's the name of the drink.

Decaffeinated cortado.

Gary folded the note and stared at the drink. Curious, he took sip. The smell of coffee covered with steamed milk entered his nose. "It's good," remarks Gary. He looked at the opened wine bottle. He grabbed it and closed the bottle and put it inside the cooler. He's not in the mood to get drunk anymore. He finished his drink and pulled the blanket and slept under the counter.As he was about to close his eyes, his phone beeps. A message fro Jessica.

From: Jessica

Oppa, we just arrived at Tokyo. Now at hotel to get some rest. Going to sleep now. Are you having fun? Dont drink too much oppa. Good night.

XOXOXO

 

Gary chuckled as he read the message. Now he have two people to thank for not letting him get drunk.

 

 

 

To be continued

 

 

Greetings. Since I'm having a day off, I decided to add a chapter. So, I decided to touch a bit about Jong-kook and Eun-hye. Since i never watched her interview and only saw her pictures,I'm picturing her to be a soft but confident women.I'm hoping Im not getting out off character about her. Again I really welcome any comments and thank you for reading this.(Heads bowed 90 degrees)