Chapter 10: Hands, Bow,Promise

Mondays to Mondays

Gary's apartment 0100 HRS

After years of on and off relationship, HaHa and Byul settled down for good. The male casts were having a small gathering at Gary's apartment. No bachelor's party (HaHa insisted not to), just the guys having some get together drinks celebrating the end of HaHa's bachelorhood.  Most of them have already left leaving the three of them leaning at the apartment's balcony enjoying the view.

"Again, cheers," Gary held up his soju bottle . "Cheers to my good friend finally tying the knot," Gary continued.  Jong-kook and HaHa lifted up their drinks in reply.

Jong-kook turned his head to HaHa. "How do you feel Dong-hoon? Nervous?" 

"That..... and lots of things. Still can't believe it's happening. Yup..... I'm getting married, " there's lots of emotions coming from his mouth, and  all positive emotions.

"No more playboy HaHa," said Jong-kook

"And no more Suzy,"  Gary added.

"Can't promise that," . HaHa laughs.

"Try saying that tomorrow," Jong-kook patted his back." Again, congratulations," Jong-kook pulled HaHa into a hug and joined by Gary.

"I'm getting married hyung...... finally ......" A mix of joy  and relief can be heard from HaHa's voice. The three of them released their embrace.

"Yes, finally," Jong-kook replied.

Looking at the time, HaHa decided to head home. He is humming happily as he picked up his jacket and keys.

"Now you two, settle down soon. We are not getting younger. See you tomorrow," said HaHa as he leave both of them at the balcony. Both can only reply with a nervous laughter.

"Well, he's right about that. We are not getting younger", Gary said before he continued to sip his drink. "Get married hyung.  I'll sponsor your honeymoon,"

Jong-kook smiled listening to Gary's words. "You too Gary-yah. You too,"

Gary gave a crooked smile, gazing at the street in silence.  Jong-kook understood his response. His dongsaeng(junior)is easy to read. Besides, he knew how it felt. Having someone inside his head for too long.

"I know what you're thinking about. Ji-hyo right?"

Gary nods. He didn't take his gaze off the streets. Jong-kook gave  a knowing look and slapped his back, making Gary spits his drink out(considering a slap from Jong-kook is like being hit with a microwave oven, its a common response).

 "Don't give up on that feeling Gary," said Jong-kook as both continued to indulge the night view from Gary's apartment for a few minutes.Both in silence, deep in thought.

"Looks like it's time for me to leave too," Jong-kook said as he looked at his watch . As he about to leave, he turned around."Have I thanked you before?, "

Gary furrowed his eyebrows in confusion."For what hyung?"

"Eun-hye. If not for you, I wouldn't think I can be with her again,"

"Hyung, don't mention that. I just let you both meet that night," Gary held up his hand dismissing his action.

"And that meant a lot to me. One day, I'll return the favor," Jong-kook placed his hand on Gary's shoulder. He shook Gary's hand before walking out of Gary's apartment.

Now alone, Gary slowly walked to his room. As he lied down, he glanced to his wardrobe. His suit, already cleaned and pressed is hanging there.

*She's going to be there tomorrow. Have to look sharp right, Ji -hyo?*

*************************************************************************************

The next day, HaHa's wedding.

Yeouido(West of Seoul)

The wedding ceremony, the vows all worked according to plan. HaHa and Byul are having the time of their life. Both looked glorious in their wedding attires and their happy faces shined the whole day. For Gary, he never felt happier for his friend. After spending half a day celebrating, he felt a bit tired. He needs to sit somewhere, rest his legs a bit. Luckily he found an unoccupied table far from the crowd and head there. As he sits he loosens his bow tie, and took a good sip of the champagne served.

Gary scanned the crowd in front of him. He can see most of his RM family there mingling with other guests. Pictures were taken and congratulations were exchanged between  them as HaHa and Byul walked from guests to guests, greeting them. He continued sipping his drink, and gave a small laugh seeing Jae-suk's failed attempt in photobombing Jong-kook's Selca.  But amongst the crowd, there's no sign of Ji-hyo. Gary let out a small sigh. She did told them she will be arriving late due to shooting, but still Gary couldn't help but felt a bit sad not seeing any sign of her.

"Yah, Gary! Don't just sit there. Join them!" arriving at Gary's table, HaHa tapped Gary's shoulder, stopping his train of thoughts.

Gary smiled and stood up. "Let me rest a bit Dong-hoon yah. Byul, congratulations," said Gary to Byul. Byul smiled as she hugged Gary. " Now it's your turn to look after this brat," continued Gary jokingly.

Byul giggled a bit as she released their hug. "I know a thing or two to keep him in line,"

The bride and groom left Gary's table after a couple of minutes. Now alone again, Gary returned to his seat. As he looked at the newlywed, he smiled again.  He rested his head on his hands, elbows on the table. He glanced again at HaHa and Byul, noticing the wedding rings. He gave another sigh as he held out his right hand, studying it. Looking at his empty hand , a feeling of sadness trickling inside him, seeing the ring their wear which is a symbol of a relationship. And he would give anything to have that.

*Here I am, with more money than I can spend, with no one to share it with, staring at my empty hand. What a life, isn't it?* He closed his eyes, giving himself a sad laugh.

Suddenly, a feminine hand grabbed his held out hand softly, placing it down on the table. The action really startled him.  As Gary opened his eyes, he can see her. Ji-hyo is there, now seated beside him. She is wearing her jacket, not some formal dress, meaning that she rushed  there from her shooting location.

"Kang Gary, what are you doing with your hand held out? " Ji-hyo gave him a questioning look.

Seeing her in the flesh is a breath of fresh air for Gary."Waiting for you to hold it," and his wits came back just like that with her near him.

"Sweet talker. What do I miss?" Ji-hyo gave a mocking frown as she released her hold from Gary's hand.

"Other than the vows and some speeches, not much. Jong-kook hyung is going to sing for them later,"

Ji-hyo nods shortly. She is now staring at Gary with her blank expression. "You really looked good in a suit oppa," her eyes are still fixed on Gary."But,  something's off," she continued as she suddenly reached her hands to Gary's collar. Gently, she readjusted Gary's bowtie.

Gary tried to hold his breath as her smooth hand swiped his neck, adjusting his shirt's collar. It's a real battle within to stop himself from doing anything hasty.  *Her hand, smells really nice. Lotion?Perfume? Maybe I should take  a sniff.......yah.......Hee Gun...........Control yourself....Focus........Yup....Pretty sure it's hand lotion* . Try as he may, he couldn't stop from grinning to himself.  The feeling of sadness a couple minutes ago disappeared with his subject of affection is now next to him.

Gary's awkward action didn't escape Ji-hyo's attention.  She makes an annoyed face, hiding her amusement. "What's with the smile? And stop moving oppa," said Ji-hyo as she finally done readjusting Gary's bowtie."And now, it's perfect,"

Unbeknownst to them ,their interaction  were watched from afar by Jong-kook. As he was watching them, Jae-suk joined him. " If we didn't know any better, we would thought both were really dating," said Jae-suk, now starting to walk to their table, wanting to join them . In a flas,Jong-kook quickly pulled Jae-suk's 's elbow, stopping him at his tracks.

 "Hyung, let's leave them alone for a while. I think they need this,"

Jae-suk gazed at the pair at the table and turned his sight to Jong-kook. "Both looks like they enjoyed each other's company. Let's give them some time," Jong-kook continued. Jae-suk nods and winks as he put his arm around Jong-kook's shoulder. "I see what you're trying to do. Let's go somewhere else, "

 

*************************************************************************************

A couple of hours later.

"Kang Gary, when's your U.S concert?"  asked Ji-hyo. The wedding ceremony has ended and now it's getting dark. Both are now walking to the parking area, pacing slowly. "Next month. A day before Christmas," Gary replied, both hands inside his jacket.

"Before Christmas? Not celebrating holidays here?"

Gary crossed his arms as they continued walking."It's next month, so I haven't really give it much thought. Besides, it's pretty much the same anywhere for me. Bachelor's life,"

"No one to celebrate with?" Ji-hyo tried to pry a little. *And don't say Jessica!*

Gary shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. "Not really, no" Gary smirked as he answered the question. Hearing the answer, Ji-hyo nods in silence (and a bit of relief).

Both continued their walk in silence until they reached Ji-hyo's car. As she opened thedoor, Ji-hyo turned around. "Kang Gary, try to return to Korea by Christmas,"

Gary scratched his neck, confused by her words. "Why is that?"

"If you're at Korea by Christmas, we can celebrate it together," Ji-hyo leaned her body a bit against her car.

Gary's eyes widens hearing her. "Both of us ? Are you sure?"

 "Unless you don't want to celebrate with me, I understand," trying to push his buttons, Ji-hyo tried to sound s bit disappointed. 

"Of course I want to! I'll be there," unknowingly Gary moved closer to Ji-hyo, leaving just a few centimeters distance from her.

 Ji-hyo gave him her puppy dog eyes."Promise me oppa?"

"I promise," Gary grinned. Satisfied with his answer, Ji-hyo smiled."Then, you must keep the promise Kang Gary,"

A couple of seconds passed until both realized how close the distance between them. Gary cleared his throat while taking a couple of steps back and Ji-hyo quickly entered her car. She can feel her face reddens as she put her car into ignition. Seeing Gary outside scratching his neck, she rolled her window down. "Kang Gary, I'm leaving now. See you next Monday. Anyeong,"

Gary waved back as her car pulled out of the area. Whistling happily, he paced slowly to his car. Remembering his promise he just made, Gary smiled widely. Mondays couldn't come soon enough. Christmas wouldnt come soon enough.

 

 

 

 

Notes

Greetings. I should apologies for all due to late update this couple of weeks. But I promise after my work audits finished, I will post at much faster pace. I wrote this chapter by using HaHa's wedding as background. Ji-hyo didn't tell any RM cast yet regarding her breakup with her boyfriend  in Chapter 9, so some complexity will happen in the future (Still playing with the idea inside my head).   As you can guess, next chapter will revolve during Gary's first concert at the U.S and yes, Christmas. So, again Comments are really appreciated (fueled my desire to write!) and thank you for reading this chapter(heads bowed)