A Bet

The Light - Discontinued

She looked at it and ever so slowly, she blinked before turning to the hyper girl.

"What's this for?" she questioned, her tone leaking her irritation.

"It's a dr-"

"I know what it is," Sooyeon cut Jenny off, her eyes narrowing. "I mean what is this for?"

"It's for your date," Daeun inserted, blinking innocently. 

"Date?!" Baby shrieked. "Baby Momma hasn't heard of this! I disapprove!"

"It's just a guy, not big of a deal. I'm sure that she's gone on a lot of dates before," Nayoung drawled, flopping onto the spare bed and rolling onto her stomach, pillow to her chest.

"Are you kidding me? She hasn't gone out in a date for like...How long has it been?" Jenny questioned Seungyeon. The said girl rolled her eyes and threw a warning glance at the bubbly girl who was too preoccupied to notice.

"I don't approve until I meet the boy!" Baby declared, wrapping her arms around the short CEO protectively. 

"No way! She needs to get out and meet her love life!" Jenny argued.

"Love shmove. Just stop with the noise," Jieun complained, lying down beside the spectating Nayoung. 

"Only when she backs down!" Baby and Jenny shouted at once.

"Shouldn't she get to pick herself?" Seungne suggested, smiling helplessly.

"Shut up!" the two shouted at once, causing the girl to 'eep!' before turning back to their glaring war. 

"I even picked out the outfit and everything!" Jenny whined, grabbing Sooyeon by one hand and jerking her to her side.

"But what if he's a jerk?!" Baby reasoned, grabbing the girl's other hand and repeating the motion.

"Why should we worry about that? She needs to get out more," Jenny argued, the two soon involved in an all-out tug-of-war.

"Ge-"

"Shut up!" Sooyeon fumed, throwing both the girls onto her bed with surprising strength.

"See?" Jenny muttered. "One karate flip and forget being a jerk, we should worry if he lives."

"First off, I have not dated to this day and whether I will date is up to me," she stated, throwing a pointed glare at Jenny who had opened to complain.

"Second, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself," she added, giving a heated glance at Baby. "And if I needed an outfit, I would not wear that." She nudged her head at the thing in between the two.

"And finally, who said anything about a date?" she demanded, her icy fury suffocating the room.

"B-But it was after our debut! We came back from the stage and we heard you on the phone with someone and Baby and Nayoung had gone to the bathroom so we listened and you even laughed while you were talking to him and and and you even said 'Then it's a date.' while you were talking to him!" Jenny explained, pouting.

"You mean my training session with YG?" Sooyeon guessed, raising an eyebrow.

"Training session..."

"...with YG?" Jenny completed Baby's thought.

"Yes. I promised him I would spare a few hours of my day today to train his...trainees," Sooyeon slowly settled, her anger dissipated. "And since it's all a misunderstanding, take that with you and leave. I still have paperwork to do."

With that, Sooyeon kicked the seven girls out of her room. 


"This is so boring," Seungyeon complained.

"So boring!"  Jenny agreed, whining. "When is she coming back from her training session?"

"We shouldn't complain," Baby nagged, rolling her eyes as she wiped her face with a towel. "She trusted us to perfect the dances for our album."

"Why does our first album have to be so girly?!" Seungyeon groaned.

"Because it is," Jieun snapped, looking just as irritated.

"Calm down. It's pretty cool actually, seeing our resident tomboy in skirts," Nayoung teased lightly, sticking her tongue out at Seungyeon.

"Shut it," Seungyeon hissed though they all knew that she was just joking. She turned to Seungne who tossed her a water bottle. 

"It's not that bad," Seungne placated. "The songs are pretty fun."

"Fun?" Seungyeon snorted.

"I think they're so sweet," Jenny sighed. "Reminds me of my first crush."

"Oh!~ I sense a story coming on! Spill!" Seungyeon prodded, smiling.

"No thanks!" Jenny quickly dodged, picking up their personal copy of their album. "I think we did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself."


Album Name: First Love

Album Artist: Moonlight

1. Into the New World (다시 만난 세계) - [SNSD]

2. Gee - [SNSD]

3. Oh! (오!) - [SNSD]

4. Kissing You - [SNSD]

5. Be My Baby - [Wonder Girls]

6. Good Day (좋은 날) - [IU]

7. You & I (너랑 나) - [IU]


"Sure we did," Daeun agreed chipperly, smiling as she did a flip in the air for fun. 

"Thanks for your support," Jenny joked, bowing. The seven broke out into laughs, smirking/laughing to each other.

"What time is it? We've been at this for--Holy potato! 4 hours!" Daeun noted, her jaw dropping.

"Well, we better get used to it," Jieun reminded. "Idols have no time for themselves."

"Sure we do!" Daeun teased, smiling. "We could take a break and go find Soul-Unnie."

"She didn't bring a lunch with her," Seungne trailed off in thought.

"Well leaders?" Jieun questioned, throwing a glance at the two oldests.

"I don't have a problem," Nayoung agreed, taking another chug of her water.

"I do! She asked us to practice," Baby scolded, frowning.

매일 밤 너로 채웠던 나 그래 익숙해진 몸을 이젠 물로 채울 time
감아 왔던 팔 숨이 가파르던 밤 최고의 paradise 너 없인 hopeless world

[Song: "Paradise" by Infinite: 
Ringtone (Rap): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiGsH2ZHBNw
Full Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wQNDUUuzM]

"Seungyeon!" Jieun drawled, all the members familiar with each other's ringtones at this point.

"Yeah yeah," she threw back, sliding her finger across the screen of the iPhone and reading the text message. The case was half black and half white with a stamp on the back that read "Warning! High Voltage! Certified Dancer!"

  

She smirked and held the text message up to them.

"Lunch with Big Bang?" she quoted.

"H311 yeah!" Daeun agreed, grabbing the phone to confirm for herself. Baby snatched it after as Daeun cheered, running around the room as if on a sugar high with Jenny. 

"Hmm..." Baby thought aloud. She paused, seeing six hopeful faces though some more obvious than others. She paused before sighing.

"Fine, let's go," she conceded.

"Yes!" Seungne cheered. Seungyeon sent a text back to their manager as they all hit the showers quickly. Within an hour, all seven of them were out the door and heading towards the address Sooyeon had sent. 


"Is this it?" Baby questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Isn't it too...small?"

"It's...comforting?" Seungne offered.

"Well, it's a small building, but the front is nice. I would have decided on a different door though. Hmm...double doors maybe? Oh, and an elegant white with golden handles," Daeun daydreamed, criticizing and somehow admiring the store.

"Let's just go," Seungyeon urged, pushing them in with the help of Jenny.

"The cafe is wonderful," Jenny stated firmly. "After all, Soul-Unnie owns this place too."

"Muo?!" voices chorused as they all looked at each other, five with surprise and two with smirks.

"Can I help you?" a low voice asked. "Oh! Lookie here! What's up Moonlight?" The seven turned to the voice.

"No way! Amber!" Seungne greeted, leaping up and hugging the person.

"Hey girl," Amber threw back in English. "Didn't expect to see me, did ya? And you still have that accent when you speak Korean too!"

"Well, sorry," Seungne joked, rolling her eyes playfully. "But what are you doing here?"

"Oh, you didn't know? Since Soul-sis owns the place, a lot of people spend their free time working here for extra money and such," Amber explained.

"Is this Amber from f(x)?" Jieun cut in, tired of the foreign language.

"Oh mian," Seungne quickly apologized. "Moonlight, this is Amber from f(x), if you didn't know. We're best friends! Speaking of that, Kwangmin here?"

"Naw. That kid's elsewhere. Heard that he and his group are practicing. Well come on. I'll show you all the VIP room," Amber led the way. The cafe, Cafe Delight it was called, was calm and comfortable, almost like home. They served a range of foods and drinks and the area the cafe covered wasn't a joke. Amber led them to stairs beside the counter and they walked to the second floor, surprised when they saw a second set of stairs.

"No no," Amber joked, sticking her tongue out. "Those stairs lead up to Soul-Unnie's office. I think a few of the workers sometimes sleep in extra rooms too. Come on." Amber led them to a large group of tables stuck together. There was a lone girl sitting in the midst of five males. As if psychic, she turned around.

"Finally," she stated, rolling her eyes though Moonlight knew that she wasn't all that serious as much as she was uncomfortable with so many guys. (They were rather surprised when they found that she had never had any love experience before.)

"Well, your directions ," Seungyeon complained, taking a seat comfortably in front of her. The rest of Moonlight soon followed.

"Moonlight Big Bang. Big Bang Moonlight," Sooyeon quickly introduced.

"I'm Jiyong the leader. I go by G-D or G-Dragon though," one man introduced.

"I'm Youngbae. I go by Taeyang," another greeted, smiling.

"I'm Daesung!" another enthusiastically shouted.

"I'm Seunghyun, but I go by TOP," the one at the end stated quickly, giving a quick smile.

"And last but not least, I'm Seunghyun too. That's why I go by Seungri," the final one at the other end greeted, winking.

[In order is: Daesung, Seungri, G-Dragon, Taeyang, TOP]

"Obviously," Seungyeon sarcastically agreed, rolling her eyes. "You know us?"

"How can we not?" Daesung asked, opening his mouth dramatically. "I haven't heard Soul talk so much about a group before."

"Seunghyun!" Sooyeon half-squeaked, turning red.

"It's true," TOP pointed out. 

"Both Seunghyun," Sooyeon groaned while Moonlight laughed.

"Hello!~ I'm Hyorin from SISTAR," a husky, but high voice cheered, surprising them. "Amber and I'll be your servers today."

"Hmm...outfits aren't that bad either," Daeun noted, still muttering to herself about the building. Amber was wearing the male uniform and Hyorin the female one. They were both similar, a white, long-sleeved top with a black apron over matching pants/skirts. They were both wearing comfortable shoes though the female version had a slight heel at the end.

"Your orders?" Hyorin asked the males of Big Bang and the owner as Amber did the same for the rest of the females.

"Coming right up!~" Amber stated with a wink as the two left. 

"So what's with the sudden call?" Nayoung questioned, giving a questioning yet knowing look.

"Couldn't stand being alone with them," Sooyeon answered shortly. 

"You know you love us," G-Dragon teased as the rest of Big Bang chuckled. Sooyeon didn't answer and simply turned a page of her book, a blush painting her cheeks. Moonlight snickered.

"I agree with you guys. Soul-Unnie has it bad!~" Daeun joked, breaking down in laughter. 

"Aw!~ So that's why you didn't go on a date. You already have some sweethearts," Jenny added, bursting into giggles. 

"She got asked on a date again?" TOP muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Don't leave us! We love you!" Seungri pouted, hugging the girl around her shoulders. Automatically she stiffened and abruptly stood up. 

"I'll go check on the kitchen," she announced, walking off stiffly. 

"Still think she's interested?" Taeyang asked the girls, raising an eyebrow with a defeated expression. They looked at each other.

"Definitely," Jieun answered shortly. 

"Really?" Daesung asked in surprise. "But she always calls us a handful and annoying." 

"She calls us that too," Baby waved off. "And more importantly, she seems sort of interested too. What do you think Seungyeon?"

"Interested?" Seungyeon snorted. "Might as well buy some rings and plan a wedding."

"Do you all know her that well?" TOP asked a bit dubiously.

"We've only been with her for a...Well, we've known her since December and it's about February now so...3 months?" Baby stated unsurely. "But Jenny here has known her for years and Seungyeon is her sister."

"Really?" G-Dragon asked, surprised. "I heard she had a sister, but I didn't hear that she was in Moonlight."

"It's not that well-known. Oh look, speak of the devil," Nayoung transitioned as if they weren't talking about the missing female's love life. She waved. "Soul-Unnie! You're back already?"

"Food's ready!" Amber cheered, holding a tray in each hand while Hyorin followed with the same.

"Eat up! Soul-Unnie prepared it with her own two hands and a cup of love!" Hyorin teased.

"Hyorin!" Sooyeon scolded firmly, turning red. She her heel, throwing some words over her shoulder. "I need to cool off."

"Hey it's true," Amber retorted, smiling slyly. "It's as true as the fact that Moonlight mastered 'Before the Dawn' in a day."

"Whoa, where'd you hear that?" Seungne questioned, surprised. "I know for a fact that that piece of news wasn't well-known." 

Amber blinked.

"She didn't tell you?" she asked, tilting her head.

"Tell us what?" Jieun prodded, very interested. 

"She was watching you all during that time. I was in there with Myungsoo and Dongwoo from Infinite, Sandeul from B1A4, Yoseob from B2ST, Lee Joon from MBLAQ, and Min from Miss A."

"All of you guys were watching us?" Seungne squeaked in horror.

"What did you guys do besides watch?" Nayoung asked, smiling lazily.

"Argue over who was better," Amber answered, laughing. "I was all for Seungne and Myungsoo was all for Jenny over there. Dongwoo was arguing for Seungyeon, Sandeul for Daeun, Yoseob for Nayoung, and Lee Joon for Baby. I was surprised about how excited Min was for Jieun too."

"Sounds like fun," G-Dragon laughed, joining in on the conversation. "Impressive for learning the song in a day, but I have to admit that I'd probably have a bias fo-"

"It's 3," a voice cut in. The Big Bang members quickly stood up, glancing at the clock.

"Aw! No way!" Seungri denied, pouting as the other members said their quick good-byes and left, obviously intent on some schedule. "We'll visit again Soul! Next time let's eat with just us!"

"Later," Sooyeon simply waved off. 

"You have good timing," Seungyeon sarcastically stated. "You hardly spent any time with them at all even though they like you and you like them."

"I spent two hours with them before you all came," Sooyeon countered shortly, not paying any mind (or retort) to the last parts. "Either way, it's about time we get on our way as well. There's a performance on Music Bank coming up."


"Who knew that the leaders of companies got together on shows sometimes," Seungne stated shortly as they began to watch the show. 

"I hear it only happens once in a while," Seungyeon informed, laying upside down on the couch. "From what I hear, most of the time they're advertising a bit and occassionally humiliating each other or making bets and such."

"That sounds a bit stupid," Baby stated, bringing in a bowl of popcorn. "It's not good to make bets and advertising is done for commercials like in CFs."

"Whatever. Shut it and watch," Jieun cut in, as they settled down to watch. 


Several important figures were seated in a circle--well, square--of white couches with red pillows.

The first few minutes were of introductions. It began with JYP's Park Jinyoung to YG's Yang Hyungsuk and curled around to Boa who was representing SM. The CEO of Woollim, Lee Jungyeop, greeted the camera followed by their ever-diligent manager and CEO of Soul, Choi Sooyeon herself. The CEO of Starship, Kim Shidae, quickly introduced himself before passing on the limelight to the CEO of Cube, Hong Seungsung. 

The show began with shoutouts to the other busy CEO and leaders, such as those of Shinhwa who had found their own entertainment, the one of Pledis, LOEN, and quite a few others, before they quickly exchanged pleasant banter. It was followed by a bit of praise, advertisement, and of course, some bragging. JYP and YG were obviously the most vocal while SM was a close second. The other three CEOs contributed here and there, but Soul had yet to say any words after her greeting. But alas, all things come to an end.

"So Soul," YG began. "I heard from a few Big Bang members that one of the members of Moonlight is your sister."

"Mhm," she confirmed without hesitation. 

"Aren't you worried about any rumors that Moonlight will soon face?" YG questioned.

"First off, few had known until you had announced it YG," she slyly pointed out. "Secondly, I'm confident that their talent will speak better than my words. Third, they need more care than most groups to fully develop and grow; they're all quite the handful. Finally, if you don't believe me yourself, how about a friendly proposition?"

"A bet?" JYP rephrased, interested. It was well-known that the CEO of Soul, though well-known and loved, wasn't a fan for such acts. She preferred being the referee or peacekeeper--even a spectator--instead.

"Care to wager?" she baited, raising an eyebrow.

"What exactly are we betting?" SM questioned, interested in the young female. 

"Simple. It doesn't really matter which company, but simply send in a manager to manage them for a week. If they quit within anytime during the week, you'll see all the work that needs to be done with them and I'll have proof that my management is needed. However, if they succeed in taking care of them for a week, I'll let the company attempt to steal them away with a contract, given that they can still decline. On the condition that they do decline, I'll simply assign them another manager within my company," Soul stated.

"Are they watching right now?" JYP questioned reasonably.

"Hmm...how about I call?" Soul decided, pulling out a phone and dialing quickly before holding up to her ear. The case of the iPhone was black and white, a design of a heart made of bass clefts in the center.

The phone rang, the sound easily heard through the speakers. 

"Yo," a voice greeted.

"Seungyeon," Soul stated back. "You are watching."

The sentence came out more as a statement than a question.

"Whoa! Psychic much? Yeah, I am," Seungyeon's voice joked. "And let me tell you that the rest of Moonlight isn't all that happy either."

"Soul-Unnie how could you?!" Baby's voice broke in.

"Yeah! Who's going to wake Seungyeon up now?!" Jenny's shout cut off.

"Hey! I'll have you know that I'm not that bad!" Seungyeon threw back.

"Are you kidding?" Jieun scoffed. "That's like saying Baby isn't an Umma!"

The three continued to argue over the phone, Baby and Daeun soon dragged in as well while Seungne and Nayoung tried to stop the escalating argument. Soul rolled her eyes and pulled something out of her bag, a blowhorn. Why she had that was a good question, but one swift blow and everyone was silent.

"Moonlight bear with me. How about this? Since they are obviously opposed to my absense, I'll also pull a wager over their heads," Soul decided, getting nods of approval from the other leaders.

"Moonlight, if you scare off the manager, I'll pull out a training regiment that makes your current one look like an ice cube in the summer to the Arctic in a snowstorm...for about a month. If you don't scare off the manager, I'll even read over their contract offer for you and if you decline, I'll place my finest manager as your head," Soul stated.

"Bu-But our regiment now is already scary!" Jenny squeaked. 

"Then you better be good," Soul stated in a finalized tone before hanging up. She turned to the rest of the leaders with a calm expression, the corners of her lips twitching upward ever so slightly. "So which company would like to attempt a week at controlling Moonlight?"


"Soul-Unnie!" Jenny complained, the minute she walked in. "Did you seriously make a deal with YG for this?"

"Yes. It starts tomorrow morning. I'll be leaving tonight after dinner when your temporary manager arrives," the short girl stated, striding in calmly.

"Are you serious about this?" Seungyeon questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Just act the same as you do with me...except better," Sooyeon ordered.

"Better?" Jieun repeated, snorting. "As if. We'll just act the same. Isn't that best?"

"I really want you to stay, but I don't want the training sessions from h*** either!" Seungne struggled, unable to make up her mind.

"Well, pick the second choice then," Sooyeon suggested from the kitchen, though both the group and the manager both knew that it wasn't a suggestion; it was an order.

"Ok, ok. You win," Nayoung drawled, raising her hands in mock surrender. "We'll be on our best behavior."

The doorbell rang.

"Someone get the door!" Jenny and Seungyeon shouted at once.

"You're closest!" Baby chided though she got up and opened the door anyways. "Come in!"

"I'm your new manager, Park Soojin," the young woman greeted with a smile. 

"You'll have to excuse the mess...and its occupants," Baby quickly stated, giving a grin in return. 

"We'll all have dinner and then I'll be leaving," Sooyeon explained as she finished setting the table. She turned to the stairs, raising her voice. "Dinner!"

"Finally! I'm starved!" Seungyeon complained, plopping into the nearest chair and automatically eating.

"No joke," Jenny agreed, taking a seat beside her and following suit. The other members of Moonlight quickly grabbed a seat themselves and Sooyeon hung up her apron.

"Manners state that guests eat first," Sooyeon warned as she took her own seat calmly. The two pouted and turned intense stares at the new manager.

"Ah, then I guess I'll eat?" Soojin said unsurely before taking a few bites. Soon after, all of Moonlight was seated and eating, Sooyeon at the end of one table and the new manager at the other. Jieun and Seungyeon were arguing and eating non-stop while Nayoung was watching and laughing with Soul who listened with shining eyes. Seungne and Baby were trying to break up the fight inbetween bites, but Jenny and Daeun were cheering the two and their fight on.

"You should all get along," Soojin blurted out before she could stop herself. There was a pause in the noise and they all looked at her.

"Can't you see that we do get along?" Seungyeon questioned, rolling her eyes.

"I'm done so I'll be leaving now," Sooyeon stated, standing and putting her dirty plate in the sink.

"Already? Aw! Alright. We'll see you in a week," Jenny complained.

"Go to bed straight after. Can't scare her off before the week begins. Oh, and it'll be three," Soul stated before leaving. She grabbed a jacket out of the closet and added a matching hat. She turned back and gave Soojin a look akin to pity and sympathy.

"Good luck," she added, giving a mysterious smile before leaving behind the door.

"What'd she mean by three?" Soojin asked, confused as she raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, Soul-Unnie guessed you'd leave in three days," Jenny answered. "Seungyeon and I are guessing two. You probably know all about us already, right?"

"Ermm...yeah!" Soojin agreed after some hesitation. Truth be told, she didn't know all that much about Moonlight, but the opportunity was perfect to get a raise and some praise from her favorite boss.

"Alright then. Well, Seungyeon's the sister of Soul-Unnie," Daeun eagerly explained. "We're all a bit...odd, but I'm sure that you'll hate us either way! That's why I say two too."

"Hate?" Soojin repeated, blinking in surprise.

"Yah! That's not polite Daeun!" Baby chided, her lips pulled into a frown. She turned her gaze back to the new manager. "What she means is that hopefully you'll get to know us well. I'm hoping the full week, but probably...five."

"I'm just saying," Daeun grumbled.

"She has a point," Jieun added. "The big question is whether we want the new training regiment of h311 and to keep Soul-Unnie or to get a new manager and a nicer schedule. I give her two."

"..." There was only silence.

"New manager it is!" Daeun shouted, foot on her chair in victory.

"Agreed," Nayoung drawled, putting away her plate in the sink. "I'm pretty scared about whatever Soul-Unnie can think of."

"Besides, it's not as if we'll never see her or whatever. She'll probably still help us," Seungyeon added.

"Then it's decided," Baby announced, looking at Soojin directly in the eye. "We're going to try our best not to scare you off."

"No promises though," Jieun added as a joke, only for Baby to scold her again.

An hour later, all of Moonlight had gone to sleep and the house was silent. Soojin still sat at the table, now cleared with only a cup of tea in front of her. She held the warm glass inbetween her hands and wondered exactly what in the world she had gotten into...and if getting fired or getting a promotion was worth it.


"Rise and shine!" Soojin greeted, stepping out of Soul's bedroom. When she had walked in, there were specific instructions about where she could keep her stuff and what she should not touch. Soojin was tempted, she admitted, but last night she had been tired to even try. 

"Morning," Nayoung greeted, yawning as she stepped out of her room in her pajamas, toiletries and clothes in hand. She headed into the bathroom and soon the sound of the shower was heard.

"Oh, I nearly forgot," Seungne stated, stepping out of her room. "I still expect Soul-Unnie to be there."

" 'Sup," Baby drawled as she walked down the stairs, already dressed and ready. 

"No help waking up the others?" Soojin asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Soul-Unnie does it herself," Seungne offered in response as she walked into the other bathroom. Soojin sighed before entering the nearest room.

"Wake up!" she urged, throwing the blankets off of the occupant. 

"Move," the person offered in response, kicking Soojin in the stomach and retrieving the blanket before rolling back into dreamland. Soojin groaned as she stood up. She pursed her lips and reminded herself that it was only a week before she opened all the curtains and blinds. She grabbed the blankets once again and scurried by the door, away from reach.

"It's time to get up!" Soojin warned once more before leaving.

"Ngh," Seungyeon groaned in response, grabbing her pillow and slamming it onto her head, returning to sleep once again.

"Wakey wakey!" Soojin shouted in the next room. She was surprised when she found the blankets, pillows, and other things of the room in what could only be described as a fort. With determination, she dug through the mess before finding someone. 

"Up up up!" Soojin yelled, shaking the person.

"I'm up!" Jenny mumbled in response, sitting up. Soojin, satisfied, left as Jenny buried herself in her fort once more.

"You up yet?" Soojin asked, poking her head into the next room. 

"No," Daeun grumbled, rolling over.

"Well, now you should be!" Soojin scolded, throwing open all the curtains and shades to let sunlight fill the room. In response, Daeun rolled over once more.

"Get up!" Soojin shouted, pulling on the girl's blankets. 

"Fine!" Daeun conceded, sitting up. Proud, Soojin left the room, missing the form disappear into the blankets once more. She entered the next room, automatically opening all the curtains and blinds and tossing off the blanket. 

"It's time to get u..." Soojin started, trailing off when she met the glare of one angry, awakened Jieun. Jieun continued to glare at her before she gazed around the room and stood up. She grabbed clothes from her dresser and left, letting Soojin breathe a sigh of relief.

Leaving the now-empty room, Soojin jumped down the stairs two at a time and stood at the bottom, surprised when an onslaught of books attacked her head. Seungne and Nayoung, ready for the day, leapt down the stairs two at a time as well, but didn't knock a single book out of place. They leapt down over and in front of Soojin.

"We forgot to warn you," Seungne apologized as she and Nayoung helped pull the new manager out of the pile. "The books here are pretty loose so you have to leap down carefully on your toes...unless you want to jump all the stairs like a few of us."

"Who can jump down all those stairs?!" Soojin asked, gaping.

"Well, Soul-Unnie can and Seungyeon does sometimes too. Daeun tends to and Baby's pretty good at it too, but she tends to do the same as us. Seungne and I still take it two at a time because it's safer and Baby agrees most of the time," Nayoung explained, picking up the books and putting them in a stack beside the shelf-like staircase. 

"Oh, and be careful. Soul-Unnie loves these books so she'll notice that they fell. The least we can do is leave them for her to organize herself. She doesn't like it when people touch--or ruin--them," Seungne stated as she did the same. Soojin reluctantly lowered herself to do the same. 

"Breakfast!" a voice called from the kitchen. 

"I'm up!" a voice shouted from one of the bathrooms as a newly-risen Daeun jumped the full length of the stairs and landed on Soojin. Groaning, Soojin made a move to stand up and failed at the weight on her chest. Daeun was asleep once again. 

"I can see that you didn't succeed in waking her up," Baby noted, walking in, apron over her clothes. "You should be careful about a half-asleep Daeun too. She'll just leap down the stairs. Usually Soul-Unnie catches her if she isn't fully awake, but since she isn't here, you have to be sure to wake her up well."

She walked over, lifting the girl up onto her shoulders easily. Nayoung and Seungne followed her into the kitchen, leaving a gaping Soojin on the floor. Slowly, she stood up and walked into the kitchen only to found half of the food gone and Daeun still eating, now awake. 

"Better wake up the other two," Daeun urged, taking a pause to drink some water. 

"Mhm," Soojin agreed absent-mindedly, dragging herself up the stairs and into the nearest occupied room, passing by Jieun on the way. She attempted in vain to wake the other two for another hour before walking down warily. When she entered the kitchen, there were three wrapped plates of breakfast and Seungne, Baby, Nayoung, Jieun, and Daeun on the couch, watching television lazily.

"Any luck?" Baby asked, turning to her. Slowly, Soojin shook her head and unwrapped one plate, eating ravenously. It was delicious, but at the moment, Soojin wanted nothing more than to crawl back into bed if this was how bad the rest of the day was going to be. Reluctantly, she checked the schedule to see when they had to be out the door and her jaw nearly dropped.

"Our next schedule is in half an hour!" she shouted. "Someone get them up!"

"Muo?!" the five in the living room yelled back. In a second, they were up the stairs and in the duo's rooms. A few crashes, shouts, and curses later, Seungyeon and Jenny were downstairs, scarfing down their plate of breakfast and ready for the day.

"Hurry up!" Moonlight shouted in unison at the still-gaping Soojin.

"R-Right!" she agreed and they piled into the van. She drove like a maniac and cursed words that made Daeun seem like a saint as they hit traffic. Nearly an hour later, they entered the building. 

"How late are we? Can we still make it?" Soojin asked the second they entered the correct room. 

"What kind of manager are you?" the director of the CF demanded, frowning as his brows slammed into the center of his forehead. "Normally if you're late by half an hour you're replaced, but we've promised Soul this CF so better get to work! Hurry up!" 

Soojin apologized profusely and urged Moonlight quickly into the dressing room. She watched nervously as the CF was continued without hitch, all the while wondering just how powerful that short, quiet Soul-character she had met was. She was smarter than most thought. She also knew that being so late to any schedule, small or big, would normally be fired and given a bad reputation.

However, by the end of the shoot, the director and the staff were placated generally well as the shoot ended half an hour earlier than they had anticipated, even with the late entrance. Even Soojin was surprised to see all the girls change their gazes, the way they held themselves, and their expressions to fit the concept, shocked at their transformation. 

"Good job today," the director reluctantly complimented. "I know that you're new to this business considering how you handle this group, but you'll get better...perhaps." 

Without regret, Soojin punched the director in the face. He hadn't faced her worrisome sleep or the stressful morning. He hadn't been kicked, glared at, piled under books, almost starved, late, nor on the receiving end of a speeding ticket in the attempt to not be late. At that moment, Soojin didn't care about her job. In fact, she'd rather be fired.

All the other groups she had managed were much more self-sufficient and almost independent. Her only job then had been to schedule things and let them know, but this group...were impossibly needy. At that moment, she wanted to be anywhere than there. In fact, screw the promotion; she was getting out of this business as soon as possible.


"Guess we're much more intolerable than we all thought," Nayoung stated with a satisifed smirk at Seungyeon.

"Technically, we should be upset, but we don't need such a b****y manager," Jieun agreed, giving a similar smirk. 

"Well, Moonlight reflects what we see, and we saw a gold-digging jerk," Jenny joked, giggling maliciously.

"Gold-digging b**** you mean," Seungyeon corrected with a satisified chuckle.

"Did all of you guys forget about Soul-Unnie's promise of a h***ish training schedule?" Baby pointed out. In unison, the four paled. 

"We totally...forgot about that," Seungyeon struggled to say. Nayoung and Baby sighed in unison, looking at eah other.

"Well, text Soul-Unnie. Better inform her that she won the bet," Baby ordered Seungyeon as they bid a farewell to Soojin in the security's office of the building. 

"I'll drive," Nayoung suggested. She paused at the doorway, glancing back at the silently seething Soojin. "Grab your own ride you gold-digger."

She left as Soojin threw another fit.


Once again SM, JYP, YG, Cube, Woollim, Starship, and Soul were sitting in a square on the show.

"Well, I can see that Moonlight is a handful," YG sighed, shaking his head. 

"They are," Soul agreed with a wry expression. 

"However, I hear that, normally, groups that cannot function by themselves to a certain point are usually disbanded even before debut," JYP inquired, interlacing his fingers.

"More than they are unable to function alone, it is more that they are so stubborn that they would rather not listen to anyone," Soul explained slowly, choosing her words carefully. "And though it may not seem so, I am also unable to function quite as well without them. Spontaneous events are needed at times too."

"What's with that? It's just that we didn't like that jerk!" Seungyeon's voice echoed throughout the room. The CEOs looked bewildered while Soul sighed irritably.

"Though this is a show just for leaders, there is no rule against guest-starring idols so my group has invited themselves to join us," Soul said with an apology lacing her voice.

"You know you missed us!" Daeun laughed, jumping over the couch and landing beside the short girl. The other leaders moved over to make room. 

"I did," Soul admitted, sighing with irritation though her eyes were shining.

"Can't get rid of us," Seungyeon agreed, doing the same on the other side of Soul. 

"We give her h*** but she doesn't seem to mind," Jieun added, plopping down beside Seungyeon.

"Do you discourage your idols from cursing?" SM asked.

"I do normally. However, it seems that I won't be able to stop them," Soul said with an irritated huff though her eyes twinkled happily.

"D*** straight!" Daeun and Seungyeon shouted at once.

"Hope you don't mind us," Baby apologized as she and Seungne walked down the stairs--like normal people. 

"No no. It's fine. In fact, I don't think I've seen her so expressive before," JYP laughed off.

"She's always like that...isn't she?" Nayoung questioned.

"Not normally. Normally she's more...calm?" YG pointed out.

"She isn't that flustered normally," SM laughed with gleaming eyes as Jenny jumped on Soul from behind the couch.

"Isn't it nice this way though?" Seungne pointed out, smiling from behind Nayoung.

"Definitely!" YG and JYP agreed at once. 

"They actually agreed on something!" SM joked as all the leaders and three of Moonlight laughed, watching Soul scold the rest of Moonlight on proper TV behavior with red cheeks and a flustered expression.


"Where is this?" Seungne asked in wonder.


"Welcome to Running Man!" Yoo Jesuk shouted as they all clapped in front of an imposing building.


"I know already!" Seungyeon lazily drawled, waving her hand.


"What the h*** does that mean?" Jieun cursed, grabbing Gary and shaking him by the collar.


"Run!" Song Jihyo hissed, dashing down the hall, VJ close by.


"We're supposed to what?!" Jenny asked, jaw dropping.


"That's no help!" Baby growled, shaking Ji Sukjin by the shoulders.


"Let's take our time and think," Nayoung suggested, waving her hand.


"There are more guests?! Who?!" Daeun asked, squealing.


Next time: Moonlight on Running Man

(Don't walk, run!
Running Man)


[Note: These previews may or may not appear in the actual 'episode' and are mainly for building suspense.]

Don't forget! PM me one bias from each of the following groups: Infinite, Teen Top, MBLAQ, B2ST, NU'EST, BAP, Boyfriend, Block B, MYNAME, AA, B1A4, EXO (one from either K or M), and SHINee.

It's FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. If he is already taken, I'll PM with available people. If you don't pick, I reserve the right to pick for you.