Chapter 8

Turns of fate

"I can't decide which I like better: him sulking in his desk or him whispering on his phone." Chen said one morning in the office.

"Let them be Mr. Writer. It's been a while since they talked to each other." Luhan replied as he was transferring photos from his camera to his computer.

 

It was back to normal in their office. No more consoling and no more "it's going to be alright" words from the two. Chen and Luhan were on their usual track and tasks, and Chen couldn't be happier because - aside from Yixing being able to be his normal self again - it was a lot quieter around. No Yifan, no Sehun and no Chanyeol. It was just the perfect time to write a good article for --

"Hey guys! Good morning!" Suho shouted as he opened their office door.

"Riiight. I forgot about you." Chen snarled.
"What's with you this early in the morning?" Suho asked.
"Nothing. I just lost my inspiration of a quiet day cuz of you."
"C'mon now, that's no way to act. Especially since Yixing here is happy again." Suho said as he tapped Yixing on 
the shoulder to say wave hello.
Yixing smiled and greeted back.

It has been a week since Yifan's phone call. And ever since then, the two were back on their usual conversation mode. The jokes. The comments. The concern. Everything went on as they were before. Well, except for that incident; they never mentioned it again since the first call. They decided to talk about it personally when Yifan returns.

"Hello to you too, Yifan." Suho said to the phone.
"Who was that? Is that someone I know?" Yifan responded.
"It was Suho." Yixing pointed out before they went on with their conversation.

"So, how are you two?" Suho approached Luhan and Chen.
"Quite busy actually." Luhan answered. "We have to hand-over our share of photos and write-ups this Friday for the 
magazine... and I can't say I have the best theme for this month."
"We still have two days to go, we can probably reach the deadline, hyung." Chen added. "Hey, Yixing-hyung! Stop talking already and let's finish this set!"
"Any plans for today, Suho?" Luhan asked.
"No schedule for today, just thought I spend time here."
"Great, maybe you can help."
"Sure!"
"HEY YIXING-HYUNG!"
"I'm coming!" Yixing responded before going back to the phone. "I have to go now... Chen and I need to finish a few sets today... You hang up... No... You..."
"Seriously?" Suho asked the two.
"Seriously." They replied, referring to how Yixing and Yifan end their phone calls almost every time.
"Ya, Yixing. It's not like you guys are in your first days as a couple." Luhan commented.
"Stop acting like high school kids and hang up!" Chen added.
The comments caused Yixing to be embarrassed but still insisted that Yifan be the one to end the call.
"Are they usually like this?" Suho asked.
"Not really. Just recently after they made up. Maybe they really did miss each other a lot."
"You should be thankful that's the only thing you're hearing today..." 
"Is there anything else?"
Luhan and Chen faced each other and made phones out of their hands, as they exchanged statements copying how Yixing talked.

"Soooo... whatchu duin chuday?"
"I'm reaally hungryyyy."
"You misshed me?"
"I wash waiching for your call."
"You promish chu chalk lacher?"

Every statement caused Yixing to blush and bury his head on his palm.

"Did chu eat already?"
"Ahihihi..."

"YAH! I HUNG UP! I HUNG UP!" Yixing shouted as he approached the three, who were now laughing loudly.
"No, please continue with your call." Suho said, teary-eyed.
"YAH! I JOO NACH CHALK LIKE JISH, OKAY?!" a flustered Yixing defended himself.
"So says you..."
"I DO NOT!" he said as he grabbed the printed out photos and started sorting. "STOP LAUGHING! It's not true!"

 

When the day finished, the four managed to finish quite a lot. Seems that the teasing and laughing - that went all day - helped them keep awake and moving.
"Wanna have dinner?" Yixing offered as they packed up.
"Sure." the three responded.
"I have someone I'd like to introduce to you guys..."
"Oooohhh~"
"He's the instructor at this dance class I told you before. And he said he'd appreciate more friends in the area."
"Ah. Sure, let's meet up with him." Suho said.


"So Jongin, this is Chen, Luhan and Suho." Yixing introduced the three as they met up by the entrance of a fast-food restaurant.
"Hi guys, I'm Jongin. I teach dance and that's how I met Yixing-hyung."
"Hi Jongin," Luhan said. "You look younger than us, may I ask how old you are?"
"I... don't think I'm younger that you, hyung?"
"He's a lot older than he looks." Chen added. "I'm 23. Yixing-hyung's 24 and the other two are 25."
"Oh! Then I am the youngest. I'm 22."
"Great! As that's sorted, let's go eat!" Suho said.

After ordering, the five waited for their food to be ready and for their number to be flashed on the screen.
"So what brought you here in the city, Jongin?" Suho asked. "Yixing mentioned you're not really from here so you 
wanted more friends..." 
"Yes! Just a change of environment, I guess."
"Something you don't like at your hometown?" 
"Can't say that... maybe something just happened."
"Oh..."
"Stop prying, Suho. It's the first time we meet." Luhan interrupted.
"I'm sorry. You asked Yixing for normal friends and this is what you get."
"Oh no! Yixing-hyung told me all about you guys and, from what I can see, you guys seem fun to be with!" Jongin said in all honesty.
"Why thank you, kind sir." Chen joked. 
"Well, I'm afraid we really are this random..."
"I don't mind!"
"Then, let me ask you a question." Chen said.
"Sure!"
"If I ate myself completely, would I disappear completely or would I be twice as large?"
"Huh?!" was the general comment of the group.
"Like if I start munching on my body, how would I end up?"
"You'd end up not eating yourself after feeling how painful a bite on your hand feels...?" Jongin answered.
"Good answer!"
"But why would you eat yourself in the first place?" Luhan asked. 
"It was hypothetical."
"Still, it makes no sense. No man would be able to handle biting each part of his body off."
"Maybe he's a zombie."
"Then what's a zombie thinking eating himself?"
"Do zombies even think?"
"AHA!" Chen concluded. "That is the question for tonight: What goes on inside a zombie's head?"
"Oh, there's our order!" Yixing exclaimed as their number blinked on screen.
"I'll handle it!" Jongin offered.
"Oh, no need. We can each our food..." Chen said.
"I insist. The youngest should be like this, you know..."
"Yah, stop acting like a kind person, it doesn't suit you." Yixing commented.
"I'm originally this kind, you know, hyung."
"I doubt it."
"I'll be right back."
"I'll help. I think our food won't fit one tray." Suho said as he tried to catch up with Jongin.

Once alone, the three can't help but talk about their new friend.
"Yah!" Yixing started. "I said I have normal friends! What's up with you, guys? Zombies, really?"
"WHAT?!" The two chorused. "We're not doing anything wrong!"
"Whatever. If the kid doesn't want to meet you guys after this, it's not my fault."
"So that's why you're active at dancing lately..." Luhan teased. 
"Huh?"
"The kid's good-looking."
"I'm pretty sure that's not it."
"You mean he doesn't look good?"
"No, I mean he being good-looking doesn't have anything to do with why I dance."
"Sure..."
"Wow, Luhan-hyung. If Sehunnie was here to hear you say that..." Chen said.
"WHAT?! I simply stated a fact!"
"Sure..."
"All I'm saying is that he'd fit right in our extremely good-looking circle of friends."
"And you don't feel arrogant at all for saying that?"
"Not at all!" Luhan said before Suho and Jongin returned with their food.

Halfway through eating, Yixing's phone rang.
"And now, you're going to witness a truly discussing sight." Chen joked.
"Shut up." 
"His boyfriend?" Jongin asked.
"You know?" Suho said.
"Of course! It's not a big deal for me, anyways. I actually have had a relationship with a guy myself."
"Cool!" Luhan commented. 
"You fall in love with who you fall in love, right?" Jongin laughed.
"That's true... but not everyone gets that, you know?" Suho added.

"Yeah, we're all out eating right now..." Yixing spoke on the phone. "Did you have your dinner?"
"Not yet. I'll eat as soon as I get home. Just finished another shoot..."
"There seems to be a lot of things planned for this partnership, right?"
"You bet. Chanyeol just called me this morning, he's equally busy, if not more."

"That's true. Even Sehun has barely enough time to rest." Luhan interrupted while hearing the Yixing speak.
"Your friends, they're models right?" Jongin asked.
"Yes. And Suho here as well..."
"Sounds cool!"
"Not really, especially now when the company's working on improving its marketing and brand in different 
countries."
"Yeah... I'm glad I wasn't one of those assigned overseas!" Suho exclaimed.

"Are you on your way back now?" Yixing asked.
"Yes. The manager is just talking to the photographer so..." Yifan answered.

"Hey, Yifan!" Luhan shouted, causing Yixing to put the phone on speaker and move it closer to Luhan.
"Yo, Luhan." Yifan answered.
"Yixing introduced us to his new friend. He's very good-looking. He dances well like Yixing. And they seem really 
close." he said while smiling.
Jongin thanked for the compliment while Chen and Suho laughed, expecting what will happen next.
"His new FRIEND?" Yifan almost shouted.
Panicked, Yixing tried to take back the phone. Only, Luhan was holding his hands as he continued to speak.
"Yeah. You should be thankful you guys are okay now, if not, I would be reallly worried. Jongin and Yixing seem to get along realllly well." 
"Yah, Yixing!" Yifan said. It was not a shout but you could feel a slight tense from his tone.
"Jongin's the dance instructor I told you about!" Yixing said as soon as he got back the phone.
"You're making him worried over nothing." Jongin defended himself.
"It's fine. Those two could use a different topic to talk about." Chen said.
"If you say so..." the youngest said as he laughed along the others who were watching how flustered Yixing is.
"Yifan's really the jealous type, huh?" Luhan said.
"You have no idea!" Suho commented, remembering how "well-received" he was with Yifan when they met.

"I'd love to meet the friends overseas when they come back." Jongin said.
"Definitely! Shouldn't be long now... I think they'll be back in about a month?" Luhan replied.
"A month?" Chen asked.
"Yes, I think the program will end earlier than scheduled. Something with over-estimating the needed time for the activities and all... maybe they're going way out of budget? Haha."

"A month, huh...?" Jongin murmured to himself as he watched Yixing explain calmly to Yifan that he has nothing to worry about.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------   

A/N: I got Chen's question from Yahoo! hahaa. It bothered me, honestly.
Anyway, next chapter, the drama begins!! Hope you look forward to it!