Chapter 11

Turns of fate

"You guys know something else, I don't understand?" Chanyeol asked the group during on the many nights they decided to drink. Well, as far as those who drink is concerned, at least. Luhan doesn't really like the taste of alcohol, Sehun then tries to avoid drinking too much, and Suho isn't really the type that enjoys drinking it every now and then. But, nonetheless, it was a good time - one of the moments when you'll see an extra hyper Chanyeol and Chen.

"Why your ears and mouth are enough to cover your whole face?" Chen answered.

"Very funny Mr Rabbit mouth. No, I'm talking seriously here..."

"Then what is it?" Sehun asked.

"You know! You know!" Chanyeol replied energetically as he surveyed the group and whispered: "You know how our new couple, Yifan-hyung and Yixing-hyung, haven't done it?"

Yifan immediately spit his drink while Yixing stared surprised at Chanyeol, already becoming red.

"YAH!" Yifan shouted.

"I DON'T GET THAT AS WELL!" Chen shouted as he high-fived Chanyeol. The rest of the group just laughing at the subject.

"You get it, right?" Chanyeol continued. "I mean, they've been together for months... and it's not like we're kids or that they haven't had a single thought of it. Cuz, you know, I know Yifan-hyung has seriously thought about it. One time, he - " he said before being hit at the back of the head. Luckily for Yifan, Chen was the only one sitting in between him and Chanyeol.

"Can you stop talking about that? We're right here with you guys, if you haven't noticed!" Yifan demanded, but also obviously flustered over the topic.

"But we're curious!" the other defended.

"Okay, let me ask something simple." Chen reverted. "Yifan-hyung, do you seriously expect us to believe that there wasn't even a slightest moment when you two were alone at the apartment and haven't thought of doing it?"

"Yes, because that is what happened." Yifan composedly answered.

"So, am I right to say that there wasn't a time when you've found Yixing-hyung attractive - as in oh-i-want-some attractive?"

Sehun giggled at the choice of words.

"What? It's not like we're underaged here." Chen defended. "Yifan-hyung? Your answer?"

"What? Of course... I... Yixing is... I mean..." That hit the spot, making Yifan embarassed as hell.

Yixing, who have been quiet all this time, was lucky enough to be sitting at the end of the table - beside Yifan.

He was also lucky enough to be wearing a hat. So he made sure that the hat covered his entire red face as he tried to hide himself by bowing.

"So did you?" Chanyeol asked again, already amused at the development of the talk.

"Of course, I have!" Yifan decided to answer blatantly. "And anyone of you would agree that everyone in this table is attractive." Yifan mentally patted himself for a good answer, effectively avoiding a direct bullet.

However, only the words "Of course, I have." rang throughout Yixing's mind as he placed his hands on his face as if the hat wasn't enough to hide his face. He thought he must be having a fever with the temperature he has.

"Okay, next question!" Luhan said, immersed with the discussion.

"Ooohh... Yifan-hyung just confessed his heart-felt desires for Yixing-hyung bahddee~" Sehun cheered.

Everyone was quite curious about the topic, so all five were having fun. Sehun and Luhan can't help but smile while Suho, who sat opposite Yixing, was just laughing at the latter's reaction to all this.

 

"So now." Chen continued. "When you, Yifan-hyung, see Yixing-hyung coming out of the shower ... do you not... err, how to say, want it?"

"Or when he's wearing a low-colar shirt?" Sehun added.

"Or a sleeveless?" Luhan added.

"YIFAN-HYUNG's GETTING FLUSTERED!" Chanyeol shouted and clapped. "See how he's red, we're obviously hitting the right targets!!"

"Yah, you two!" Yifan said as he pushed the two away from you. "Our relationship is not your business. You dare ask such things..." he said, continuing to push the two from the bench they're seating on.

Chanyeol was pushed off the bench and was forced to the floor, at the same time hitting the person sitting on the next table.

As Chanyeol was pre-occupied apologizing to the person and the group laughing at him, Yifan decided it's safe to assume that the discussion was over.

 

When they sat on their car on the way back, Yixing couldn't hide his awkward state. It was only the two of them and he just couldn't look at Yifan.

"Yah, Yixing. One minute with me and you already feel awkward?" Yifan laughed. "We haven't even left the parking lot yet."

"No. It's not that. It's just... I feel sleepy." the other said, staring at the aircon vent.

"Look, Yixing..."

"Hu-huh?"

"Look at me."

"Wh-why?" the younger reluctantly did so.

"Don't think about what they were saying earlier. It'll happen when both of us are ready. We're not going to rush it."

It was one of the few times when Yixing saw Yifan serious and sincere. "Ye-yes... you're right." he answered.

"We can wait. I can wait. You can wait. We don't need to do it just because it's expected of us."

"Of  course..."

"But I promise you. I won't look at anyone else or have thoughts of anyone else. More so, do anything with someone else." the older said firmly. "Promise me as well?"

"YES! Of course I promise!" Yixing immediately answered.

It was something he promised himself years earlier. He'd only give in for the person he truly loves and loves him back. He felt that it's the right thing to do.

"I looked cool, right?" Yifan complimented himself as he faced front. Yes, he thinks he's right. The right time will come. It's not something that HAS to happen between them; it's not something that can define their feelings for each other. They won't do it to prove something or to simply satisfy themselves.

While Yifan was emerged in his thoughts, he felt Yixing kiss his cheeks softly.

"Wha-what was that for?" he asked, holding to very place Yixing kissed.

"A 'thank you' for handling the situation very well." the younger said with a warm smile.

 

"Can you see anything??" Chen asked.

"Not really, but I think someone kissed someone." Chanyeol answered.

The two of them had their faces glued to the driver's side-window, attempting to watch what's happening inside.

"OHHH. Can't wait to get home, huh?" Chen said. "I bet - " he said before being surprised by a loud car horn, courtesy of Yifan. "YAH! That scared me!"

Before anything else could happen, Yifan started to drive off.

 

 

 

When Yixing came around, his vision was still quite blurry. He woke up from that dream. Coincidence? No, he doesn't think so. The dream was more like a lucid guilt killing him. He knew he's been conscious for quite some time now and he knows that he doesn't want to get up. Because by the time he gets up and wake up from the dream, he'd start living as someone who broke his promise - his dream... his relationship. And he knows that his eyes aren't blurry because he just woke up.

When he attempted to sit up, his eyes caught the tears that have already built up.

He was still at the dance studio, alone. He rests his back on the glass wall and adjusts his pants back to its original place. He tried to fix his hair and buttoned up his shirt once again. And it was that time he felt sick of himself.

"Look at me... trying to look normal." he whispered as he began to cry. No, it won't be normal ever again. He can't appear as the usual Yixing in front of Yifan again. He looked at his bare chest and could only think of how stupid he was. He promised. Yifan trusted him.

His hands find his neck - where he remembers Jongin kissing him. And he remembers last night. How he was not able to escape. How his body was surrendered, and how he murmurs Yifan's name as he passed out.

He attempts to rub his neck, aggresively trying to erase whatever Jongin left there. It was to the point that he'd swear he'll tear his skin off - but Yixing didn't care as he strongly rubbed his neck. He wanted to erase it, to make it feel as if it did not happen.

But he knew he was only fooling himself as he continues to cry. He was profusely sweating while his eyes cried and nose ran. But he could care less.

 

Yixing stopped when he heard his phone ring. Not totally conscious and scared, he quickly answered the call.

"YAH YIXING! WHERE ARE YOU?" Yifan shouted immediately. "Why didn't you call last night? You didn't even answer my calls!"

"I...oh... sorry." he mumbled.

"Where are you?!"

"I... left my phone at the studio. I... picked it up just now... Sorry." Yixing managed to lie, composing himself and not trying to let his cries be heard.

"I was worried!" Yifan said softly.

And that was it. Yixing covered his mouth with his hands as tears escaped his eyes once again. He felt how useless he was. How much more of pathetic of a person could he become?

"I'm... sorry..." Yixing said with hand still on mouth. "I don't deserve this," he thinks."You don't need to care for me anymore nor be nice to me. You don't need to be worried for someone who broke his promise to you... and I wasn't a simple promise... it was something... it was something I wanted to give you when we're ready. It was something for the both of us. It was the least I could do for someone I love."

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry, Yifan! I'm sorry!!" he shouted desparetely. He was asking for an understanding. Be it for not answering calls or for what, Yixing didn't know. But he knew it was the least he can do. "I'm sorry..." Yixing continued to cry out. "I'm sorry you loved a stupid person. I'm sorry that I wasn't the person you trusted to be. I'm sorry for letting him kiss me. I'm sorry for staying here last night. I'm sorry for not thinkin better last night." There were so many things Yixing was sorry for in his mind. But not one could escape his mouth.

"You need to at least have called someone from the apartment and let them tell me you forgot your phone." Yifan said.

"Sorry..."

"And stop forgetting things! You're already a grown man... oh... huh?... ah, I'll be there. Yixing, I need to go now, I'll call you back in a while." Yifan rushed.

"Sure..." Yixing replied before Yifan hung up.

 

 

It took another hour before Yixing was able to leave the studio. He decided it's worse that someone found him there crying. And he has no intention of telling that story to anyone.

On his way home, he had his head down. He felt, more than usual, that as if everyone's staring at him. As if everyone knows. He feels that everyone is looking at him with such disgust and disappointment.

"How dare you break your promise to Yifan, after all he has done for you? After all that you two have been together? After all the words of romance and love?" he thinks everyone is thinking.

"It's true after all, you don't deserve him." he thinks. "I am useless. Disgusting. Pathetic." he repeats.

Yixing began running when he felt tears. Amid the crowd, he ran helplessly. His right hand covering his mouth and his left hiding the redness he caused on his neck.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------  
A/N: Update! Hurray for being able to update quickly. How do you guys feel about the recent events in the story?? Let me know. 
I'm really thankful for those who comment (even though I don't really reply for now, cuz I feel awkward)... but I do read them more than necessary. Brings a smile to my face. Hoho. See you guys on the next update!!