Chapter 4

Turns of fate

 

 

"May I help you?" a tall young guy asked as he approached Yixing.

"Oh sorry, I just heard your music when I was walking past... so I came to check it out."

"Oh was the music really loud? Sorry..." the man said as he ran towards the system to turn the volume down.

"Just a bit; don't worry about it."

"Sorry, I was just practicing a new choreo for the class. I didn't notice that I turned it too loud." the man said.

"You teach the class?" Yixing asked as he evaluated the other. The guy was roughly in the same body build as him only a bit darker. Hair was all wet, probably from practicing; he was wearing a sleeveless shirt and training pants. But all in all, Yixing would say the guy was even younger than him.

"Yes, I own the place..."

"Oh!"

"Hi, how do you do? My name is Jongin." the guy said as he reached out his hand.

"Hi! I'm Yixing." he said as he reached out as well and shook hands.

"So, I take it you're interested in music?"

"Huh?"

"Seeing how you came up all those steps just because of the music from my studio..."

"Ah... no... not really. I mean, I used to dance before I got into photography."

"Really? Were you any good?"

"Dunno... didn't have anyone to really compare it with."

"You seem like a good dancer though; judging from physical appearances only."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"You should join the class!" Jongin offered happily as he grabbed a brochure from the table.

"I don't think I'm good enough to be in a class..." Yixing humbly said, receiving the paper.

"You don't have to; that's why it's a class... people learn from it."

"I'll think about it."

"I'll be expecting you! I'll give you a discount if you sign up within the month."

"That's not necessary..."

"But I want to."

"I wouldn't want to burden you..."

"You won't; but if you feel uncomfortable, just think that you can pay me in some other way in the future - maybe by being one of the best dancers in the class?" Jongin smiled.

"Haha, okay; thank you then." Yixing smiled back.

 

That night, Yixing spent the night with Chen, who was surprisingly more than happy to welcome a visitor - or possibly, a visitor other than the usual two individuals he gets. Yixing wasn't ready to face Yifan, regardless if the other would apologize or not. He decided that two of them were still in the moment of emotional highs to deal with the problem properly. Besides, it's been a while since he had a good talk with Chen.

 

 

Of course Yifan didn't mean it... or rather, he believes he didn't mean it.

This was the thought that he kept repeating on his head that night - when Yixing didn't come home. He remembers saying he loved Yixing because it was all natural. That their friendship just naturally evolved to what they have now; that he loved how natural Yixing is... was that not enough of an answer? Maybe not, he decided. Why else would Yixing asked about it?

"Natural..." he thought as he opened another bottle of beer.

He liked that nothing was forced into what he feels towards Yixing. He likes just how smooth things turn out to be.

"Real..."

Yes, he appreciated that Yixing didn't pretend to be anyone he wasn't. He was his friend and, now, his boyfriend - in every aspect of it. So what is it that Yixing is looking for?

"Or maybe I love you because you're already there every day! You were very convenient!" Yifan remembers saying.

"Convenient...? Was it because he was just there? Did I love him because he already loved me and he just turned out to be an alright-guy?"

No matter how much Yifan thought about it, he can never find answer. Yifan had no tangible reasons to offer. He didn't have stuff like what Yixing told Chen that day.

"It's just how I feel right now," he concluded before drifting to sleep.

 

 

The next morning, Yifan woke up to the sound of someone cooking. He could smell the eggs being fried and the freshly cooked rice. He raised his head from the dining table and saw Yixing back-facing him from the kitchen. He would've greeted the other but he remembered what happened the night before. "Convenient..." the word flashed across his mind.

"Oh, you're awake?" Yixing said without a change to his expression. Yifan didn't respond.

"I slept at Chen's, in case you were wondering. I just came here a few minutes ago and decided to make breakfast," the younger continued.

"Why?" Yifan asked.

"You need to eat breakfast; you have a shoot today, don't you? Do you want me to pack lunch as well?"

"Why?"

"You need to eat! You need to remain healthy if you want to succeed as a model..."

"What the hell are you doing?" Yifan asked aggressively. He didn't like the tone Yixing was using - as if there was a hint of sarcasm in it. He hated it and he hated the fact that they're really having this conversation. "I'm asking you: 'what are you doing?'" he repeated.

Yixing continued what he was doing. He placed the cooked food on plates and took them to the table.

"Answer me; you're not someone I pay for to just cook food and keep quiet for the rest of the day."

"I don't mind..." Yixing mumbled as he turned back to fetch the pitcher of orange juice.

"What?!"

"I don't mind," the younger said firmly as he placed the pitcher on the table.

"WHAT?!"

"I don't mind being your maid..." Yixing continued. "...especially if that could be the reason why you're still with me..."

"Not this stupidity again, Yixing!"

"You know..." he continued very slowly while staring at the steam coming from the food. "What I told Chen was true. I really would love to be with you for years so, thank you. Thank you for telling me the reasons yesterday. With that, I can figure out ways how you would never leave me. I can stop all the drama; I can be head-over-heels for you until forever; you don't have to give me anything; I'll be here every day and help you with what you need... Just... just..."

Yixing wasn't able to finish his sentence as he felt a punch on his left cheek, forcing him to sit on the chair while hitting his plate of food.

"Shut up!" Yifan shouted. "Wow... why didn't I realize you were this stupid?!"

"Sorry... sorry..." Yixing said as he held his cheek which is now a bit sore. "Sorry... I'll stop! I'll change! Just... just..."

"Yesterday you were just being stupid but today, wow, you're being stupid AND annoying!"

"Sorry... sorry..."

"I told you to stop mentioning things like that, didn't I? Why can't you just act like the way you did a day before, huh?!"

"Sorry..."

"STOP IT!" the older shouted as he grabbed his jacket and went out of the apartment.

"No... please... don't leave." Yixing mentions as tears flowed down.

 

Yixing remembers the night before; as he was sleeping on Chen's sofa. He didn't care whether Yifan apologized or not for the things he said at the studio; he didn't need Yifan's apology. He just found out how scared he is of the thought of Yifan leaving him. Perhaps because it was their first fight, but the thought of losing Yifan scared him. And if Yifan did get angry and leave, it would be because he decided to press such a small issue; it would be because of his own stupidity, he thought.

Yixing was scared so if the things Yifan said earlier was true, then he decided that he would hold onto that - even if it meant not being loved back in the way he loves the other.

 

 

"Hello? Yifan?" a company manager for models answered his phone.

"Buy me a ticket to China for today. I'll leave after the shoot this morning."

"It's more than three weeks early!"

"I don't care. I have no work during that time anyway, why would you care?"

"That's true..."

"Arrange the hotel as well." Yifan said before hanging up. He continued to drive away from their apartment but as he saw his right hand, he remembers punching Yixing.

And Yifan hated the situation more than before.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: As promised, here's the next chapter! I won't say much about the plot so I won't ruin it! :D but i do hope you guys are enjoying it - even if just a bit. I'll try to update as soon as possible. For now, it would be great if you let me know how you feel!! Thank you for reading!!