Chapter 5

Turns of fate

Around three weeks have passed and it was officially the time when the models were supposed to be sent out to different countries/agencies.

"So has he contacted you yet?" Luhan asked Yixing when they were in the office. The other can only shake his head in dismay.
"Well, I'm sure he will... He's Yifan anyway, he won't be able to stand having a fight with you."
"As much as I won't?" Yixing asked.
"Look, I don't know what happened between you guys and I don't think I wanna know. But I'm pretty sure things will work out fine..."
"Work out fine?" Chen interrupted. "I think the fact that he hit Yixing warrants things to not simply just 'work out fine'."
"He didn't hit hard. It didn't even leave a mark..." Yixing commented.
"And you're even defending him?"
"No... I... just... it wasn't a big of a deal..."
"You can't deny that hitting you was wrong." Luhan agreed. 
"You bet!" Chen exclaimed. "Wait til I get my hands on that freaking awkward giant!"
"Things'll work out. You're his boyfriend anyways..." the oldest smiled. "Just try to get yourself out of the gloomy mood for now."
"Hyung is right! C'mon Yixing-hyung, stand up. I'm going to teach you self defense." Chen said.
"What for?"
"To slay giants!" the youngest said while making fake taekwondo moves.

 

In China, things were a lot quieter and the mood was a lot gloomier.
"Hello, Yifan?" the manager spoke through the phone.
"Yep? Why did you call?" Yifan answered.
"I hope you haven't got tired of China yet..."
"No. But I am getting tired of this boring hotel room."
"Well, your fault for going early. Anyways, your activities start in two days. Basically, you work like you're a model for our partner agency there. They also have a manager for the models so I trust things are well planned."
"Sounds pretty simple."
"Yup. So same old photo shoots for now I think. But you also need to have a few photos for our photobook back here."
"Sure."
"And, lastly, I think the agency arranged for you to have a friend there."
"A friend?"
"Just someone to show you around or help you when you get lost. Just a manner of courtesy."
"But I'd rather stay at my room."
"Cmon! You just said you're getting tired of your hotel. Just live with it, our partners were kind enough to pull out another model from his activities to babysit you."
"Babysit?!"
"Kidding! So anyways, I trust you'll work hard as always!"
"Yeah... I've no choice, right?"
"But of course!" the manager ended the call with a big laugh which Yifan could not help but appreciate. He's had enough of the quietness alone; and quite frankly, it's not really the quietness that's killing him.

As soon as he put down the phone, Yifan found himself staring at the boiling pot of noodles that he had cooked for himself. Three weeks, he had thought. Quite a long time; too long. Honestly, he had wanted to call Yixing the day he arrived in China. He wanted to tell Yixing that he had a safe flight, that he's looking forward to tasting a lot of new dishes - ones that he'll definitely remember how to cook so he can cook for him. He wanted to tell Yixing that a few months’ time should fly by fast. He wanted to tell his boyfriend that he already misses him and that he should be careful at smiling at others - because, Yifan knows how deadly that smile can be.

But he didn't; rather, couldn't. Every time he saw Yixing's picture saved in his contacts, he remembers him punching him. So words were stuck; he doesn't know how to apologize or to even start a conversation with the person he hurt. He was stupid and he knows it.

When Yifan was done cooking, he set up the table and sat down to enjoy his meal. He'd check his phone one more time (rather, the twenty-seventh time this day) as he hoped Yixing rang him or sent him a message. Anything actually, just to start a conversation. It was foolish, but Yifan hoped for anything that can help him move forward with what he's done. True enough, there was a message. But it was from a different person - one he'd frequently getting messages from.

"Giant, if you don't apologize to Yixing-hyung now, I swear your days are numbered."

Perhaps, it was time he responded to these messages, Yifan thought. So he replied:

"Chen, I understand you're angry. But these are good enough to be considered as death threats. And receiving them every day isn't really the safest and most comfortable way for me to live with the situation..."

A few seconds passed: 

"THEY ARE DEATH THREATS, YOU STUPID VIOLENT ANIMAL! I am going to burn you and flail you around once you get back here if you don't settle things with hyung."

"You're being equally violent right now."

"At least I'm not physically doing it to you!"

That pierced right through Yifan. Chen was right. And he hated himself more.

"You're right... I'm sorry. To you guys as well. I swear I'll fix things, just give me some time."

"You better. If I see hyung cry one more time, I am going to make him live with me and find him another person that will not hurt him."

"Yixing cried?" Yifan thought. Well, who wouldn't? What he did to Yixing was more than just wrong.

"Is he alright now?" 

"We managed to lift his mood up."

"Thank you."

"Yifan-hyung, I'm serious. You need to start fixing things. Delaying it is not helping either of you, I'm sure. Call him at least. Tell him where you are. And for heaven's sake just apologize for hitting him. You don't even need to apologize for arguing; but hitting him is a different thing."

"I will... I'm sorry. Take care of him for now."

And with that, Yifan put down his phone and ended up staring blankly once again. Too many wrong things have happened, he thought. Perhaps it was high time he tried solving it...

So Yifan decided to clear his mind for today and call Yixing tomorrow. He needs to start earning his boyfriend back, he thought as he looked at his bowl completely full of noodles.

"Ah... I ended up making food for two again..."

 


That night, Yixing decided to attend dance classes. He didn't have anything to do anyway; and Jongin seems to be a kind kid to have as a friend.
"Hyung!" Jongin greeted him as soon as he entered the studio.
"Oh, hello Mister Dance Instructor!" Yixing greeted back. "Or should I call you Teacher? What do they call you here?"
"Jongin's fine. I'm no dance expert anyways, just someone forcing my choreo to other people."
"Sure. I hope you still have room for another student?"
"Definitely! We're just about to start, just leave your bag in the locker area there and join us for warm-up, okay?"
"Alright!" Yixing said and did as he was told.

To say the least, Yixing thought, Jongin was perfect for a dance instructor. The boy certainly had talent in dancing and he knows which steps could engage his students to enjoy dancing. Yixing observed how much Jongin enjoyed leading everyone there in the platform, saying jokes every now and then and encouraging the students to continue on dancing. It was just right, and Yixing couldn't appreciate more how happy he is deciding to take up the class.

Once the class ended, Yixing sat on the floor exhausted and completely drenched in sweat. He couldn't even remember the last time he had danced as hard before. And he was shocked at how tired he was; he knew he was fairly able to dance but that class was in a whole another level. 

"Maybe because I'm aging..." he thought to himself.
"Hyung!" Jongin happily greeted him while leaning down at him. The boy was completely wet as well, his hair was almost entirely sticking to his head and his shirt seemed like it just got out from the washer.
"Your classes aren't for old people like me." Yixing commented.
"What are you talking about? Everyone was looking at how well you danced!"
"They were not."
"Yes, they were! Man, I knew I was right thinking that you could dance..." Jongin said as he sat down beside Yixing.
"Well, no matter how good you say I am, dancing is hard for me."
"For now but, wow, I wouldn't be surprised to see that one day some of the girls would attend this class just to see you dance."
"That won't happen."

 

"So, hyung!"
"Hmm?"
"You have plans after class?"
"You mean now?"
"Yep!"
"No, not really... why?"
"Do you mind having dinner? I don't really have any close friends in the area, and I would appreciate someone to eat with once in a while...If it's alright, I mean."
"Dinner with you? Sure! I don't see why not." Yixing answered happily. 
"Great! Let's just rest for a while and change before going out."
"Sure..."
"You know any good places? I always eat at the noodle shop at the corner or the hamburger store at the right... or ice cream..." the younger recalled.
"I know a lot of good places!"
"YESS! No more noodles for now!" Jongin exclaimed as he stretched his arms happily and end up lying down. 

The two left after everyone else had left the studio - or rather, after all girls said "good night" to Jongin and "see you again" to Yixing.
"SEE. I've been replaced. They no longer like me..." Jongin teased.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
A/N: Finally! Had the time to update... sorry 'bout that you guys. but anyways how's your kpop life? Completely random. haha. anyone here a fan of VIXX? haha. my biggest fandom as of the moment.