Chapter 10

Turns of fate

"How are you today?" Yifan asked from the other line.

It was after office hours in Korea and Yixing was one his way to the usual dance class. It's been quite a habit, the two of them talking over the phone when Yixing goes back to the apartment. They don't really talk about much – just updating what they had done during the day. But it is, as what couples describe it, one of the minor things that you don't realize you start treasuring the most.

 

"I had nothing to do today though..." Yixing responded. "I think the boss is giving me a break after taking on so many assignments the past few months."

"You deserve it though. You did like what, seven, in the past two months. You should definitely take a rest!"

"Don't worry, it's not like I'm forcing myself to work..."

"I don't believe you. Last time I talked with Chen, he told me you went to work last month with a fever. He told me you were shivering, making it hard for you to get a good shot."

"That betrayer... told him not to tell you anything like that..."

"Yixing."

"I know, I know..."

"Take care of yourself. I'm serious."

"I will. I... won't do that anymore. Probably."

"Yah!"

"Kidding!" Yixing responded as he began to laugh loudly.

"When I come back, I'll make sure you get a good amount of rest every day."

"Then I guess I need to overwork myself to my heart's content..."

"You have two weeks left."

"Goodbye to too much work, huh?"

"Yes."

"Should I say goodbye to the man I temporarily hired as my boyfriend while you were away too??"

"YAH. ZHANG YIXING!"

"It was a joke!" Yixing laughed out loud once more.

"It's not even funny. If I see another man vulture around you, I'll just immediately kill him."

"That won't happen..." the younger added. "Anyways, I need to hang up. I'm almost at the studio and I'm actually a bit late for class."

"Sure, I'll call you again later. I'll go eat dinner first."

"Okay! Bye bye, Fan-fan."

"Stop calling me Fa~" Yifan spoke before being cut off.

 

 

When Yixing entered the studio, it was not what he had expected.

"Oh? Is my watch broken or something? Is it not time for class?" he spoke loudly as he scouted the room. "Hey, Jongin!" he greeted as he saw the other sitting by the mirror on the wall.

"Hey," Yixing repeated. "You're not even dressed for class yet, I guess I really am too early for class..."

 

Jongin was wearing a long-sleeved white polo shirt, properly tucked in on his black pants. He had his hair styled, with bangs perfectly swept on his forehead. He also had thick black glasses and smelled nice thanks to the cologne he had bought last week. Simply put, it was a look completely different from the sweat-drenched dancer Yixing is used to seeing.

 

"There's no classes today, hyung." Jongin responded while blankly staring at the floor. "Didn't I say so in the group chat for the class?"

"You did??" Yixing questioned. "I wasn't able to see."

"Well, apparently so."

"But why cancel class though? And what's with the look?" the older asked as he sat beside the other, also leaning on the mirror.

"I made plans with someone... well, supposedly made plans." he answered with a sarcastic scoff.

"Huh?"

"I met my ex-boyfriend a while ago, okay."

"Oh? Really? I didn't know he came to visit..."

"He didn't. I just insisted that we meet since he's here for business."

"So, did the meeting go well?"

"Hyung, can you seriously look at me now and safely say that everything went well?"

 

Indeed, Jongin - despite the sleek get-up - looked drugged. His eyes were moist and his movements were constrained to minimum, like he has no energy left. He held in his hands a bottle of beer, almost empty. On the floor were five more empty bottles and two more that are yet to be opened.

 

"Sorry, I don't know..."

"You know what that guy told me? You know what he said when I asked if it's possible that I get back in his life? 'I've already planned a life for me - without you - and I'm excited for it.' That's what he said. And after hearing that, I felt pity for myself. Here I was, trying to live a good life for now... thinking that once he's done with his stupid cooking dream, he'd come back to me. I was willing to wait... I was even willing to forgive him for treating me like nothing and leaving me like that." the younger said in between the flow of tears.

"Jongin... I...."

"I felt so stupid, hyung. I felt stupid for imagining life with him once again, when he's already thinking of how great his life is without me... I felt so... I was so."

"It's not stupid, Jongin. You didn't do anything you should be ashamed about."

"I did. I even begged for him to reconsider me..." he scoffed once again. "How desperate I sounded."

"Jongin, it wasn't wrong. You just... you just simple fell in love. And you worked hard for it, to fix it..."

"Yixing-hyung... you're too kind. And I like that about you." Jongin said as he smiled, and for the first time looked at the other.

"I'm not kind. I'm just telling you the truth so you can stop torturing yourself."

"No, you are kind. And good-looking and talented. It's impossibly unfair."

"Stop talking like that."

"You know, hyung, I actually liked you in the beginning. And I mean, really like."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm serious. I even felt jealous when you told me you had a boyfriend. I felt even more jealous when I heard he was coming back here soon... Like it would lessen the chances of me seeing you. Because, you know, boyfriend comes first before dance classes."

"You're drunk, Jongin." Yixing said as he softly pushed Jongin away - as the younger had clearly moved too close into Yixing's private space.

"I'm not! I'm perfectly aware that I'm making a fool out of myself now; but, hey, might as well go all out of embarrassing myself today, right?"

"Let's get you to your home." the older said as he attempted to stand up but only failing to do so as Jongin placed his hand on Yixing's neck, dragging him closer.

"Your boyfriend is lucky to have you, hyung. If I was the one who met you earlier, I'm sure I'll be head-over-heels with you..."

"I know you don't mean that. Let go." the older struggled.

"It's true. I'd love you like how much I had loved that mean person who was here earlier... I'd love you-" Jongin said before he suddenly leaned over and kissed Yixing's lips.

 

The kiss was definitely not something Yixing expected. But what's even more surprising is how passionate Jongin pushed himself on Yixing's lips. It wasn't a simple smack or a playful touch... it hungered response. It was slow and soft. Jongin's lips felt that it was asking to be received - much like how his feelings are.

 

Taken aback by the action, Yixing was able to break away from Jongin. As soon as they were apart, Yixing was wiping his lips with his shirt, forcefully. Jongin, on the other hand, sat comfortably in his previous position and continued to drink beer.

 

"I can pretend that never happened..." Yixing said after a minute of calming down. He then grabbed the bottle of water near Jongin and drank. Then roughly five minutes of silence followed.

"Why pretend? Were my feelings to disgusting for you to acknowledge?" Jongin spoke once again.

"You know that's not the case..."

"Then what's the problem? I like you... and, who knows, maybe I can get you to like me too..."

"I have a boyfriend! And... I... you... this..."

"Huh?"

"I..." Yixing spoke as his head suddenly felt heavy.

"You want to know a secret, hyung?" Jongin laughed. "You just drank a bottle of water that's filled with medicine to force me to sleep..."

"This..." Yixing said as he leaned on the mirror to support. His energy felt like it was completely drained in an instant.

"Quite effective, huh?" Jongin laughed. "But what am I to do? Here I am too drunk to care about anything with the person who I am crazily attracted to..."

"Don't..." Yixing was only able to matter.

"I told you, hyung, I can try to get you to like me." Jongin said as he stood up and walked to the studio's entrance. He locked the door and made sure to swipe the blinds closed. He also turned off the lights, save from the small spotlights aimed at the front of the studio - where Yixing was struggling to stay conscious.

 

"If I'm not going to have that stupid cook of a jerk anymore, at least I would be able to have you tonight, hyung..." Jongin said as he walked slowly towards the other.

"Stop." Yixing was able to say but his vision is already slowly getting blurred. He could feel how heavy his head is as he lean it on the mirror.

"Your boyfriend wouldn't know. And, who knows, we can even continue to do it in secret after - if you enjoy it..." Jongin said as he entered the area lit with light. His steps were slow and mischievous and his fingers were slowly getting his shirt's buttons undone - one by one. He was looking at Yixing with such desperation and desire - undoubtedly taken over by the alcohol.

By the time he reached Yixing, Jongin's shirt was already completely undone - yet he left the cloth hanging loosely on his frame. He took off his glasses and messed up his hair a bit. He was like a predator who had found his first victim.

"Don't be scared, hyung... From what I've heard, I may actually be pretty good at this..." he said with a devilish smile as he leaned over to kiss Yixing once again.

The older was only able to dodge the initial lunge, but as his sense of balance gave out, he found himself lying down on the floor.

Jongin immediately followed Yixing's and found the other's lips once again.

"Stop... please..." Yixing muttered with bits of tears already forming on his eyes.

"It won't hurt." Jongin answered.

"No... Jongin, please..." were the only words Yixing was able to say.

The last things he felt were Jongin's lips on his neck, Jongin's hands lifting his shirt and caressing his body, and Jongin's body heat from his chest, rubbing against his own body.

"Yifan..." was the last thing Yixing said before completely dozing off.

"Kyungsoo..." Jongin said as he kissed Yixing's lips once again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
A/N: Late update. To make it up for you guys, here's a slightly longer chapter. ;)