Chapter 1

Turns of fate

A year and a half passed. And it was - how do people say it - a time full of memories. And Yixing would definitely agree as he browse through the photos taken by his camera. 
He was sitting on the couch of their apartment, lights out and photos projected to the ceiling. It was a Sunday and he had no intention of doing anything today - which can also be said on the person who is resting his head on Yixing's thighs. Yifan was half asleep, half interested on the stories Yixing was telling as they look at the pictures. It's not that Yifan didn't think it as fun; it was just the fact that he had just come a few hours earlier from a shoot that took a decade to finish. Besides, why would he not think it was fun if he was half of what created those memories?

"Do you remember this one?" Yixing asked fondly.
"I do..." the other half-mumbled. It was a picture of Yifan staring at a zebra, who was staring back at him.
"I wonder if the zoo still had those food stands that sell delicious popcorns..."
"It wasn't long before when we visited there, I'm sure they still do."
"Let's visit there again some time."
"Sure but, next time, I'm not wearing leather shoes," the older said as he recalled how painful his feet were after walking for hours.
"No one but you decided to wear that."
"I have to look good. I'm still a model after all."
"Why? Still want to have those girls drool over you?"
"That would be great!" Yifan answered quickly. "But it's far enough to have one person drool over me. I have to make sure he has the best boyfriend in the world..."
"Oh? And do you think that person still has eyes only for you??" Yixing teased.
"Of course! Did you see the way that zebra stared at me? He couldn't possibly love any other!" the other replied, followed by a giggle from both of them.
"Where do you get those cheesy lines, by the way?"
"I have my sources... or, rather, advisers."
"I'm pretty sure Sehun goes far cheesier than that... I'm positive I saw Luhan-hyung cringed once on the phone when Sehun kept shouting 'Only you! You're the only for me! No one else!!' randomly."
Yifan shrugged it off, saying: "I guess I have more to learn then..."

"How about this picture?" Yixing continued browsing. In the photo, the two of them were posing in front of a poster of the ocean park's sea lion show. It was when all of them visited the park; the picture was taken by Chen.
"I remember..." the other replied. "One of our first few official dates."
"Yup!" Yixing laughed. "I recall Chanyeol saying you felt awkward to go on 'official dates' with me when we got together..."
"He just couldn't keep his mouth shut."
"I appreciated it... kind-of cute, actually."
"I'm not cute."
"So you say."
It was true, though Yifan and Yixing have definitely gone out before, went to different places, ate couple meals far earlier than their certain romance, everything felt different at first. When they became lovers, both of them felt they need to act a certain way. They felt they need to be the perfect boyfriend for the other. But that was until one night when they decided pretending to be perfect for the other didn't suit them.


"We don't need to be perfect..." Yifan said. "You don't have to act like you don't sneeze loudly whenever we're going out..."
"I DO NOT!" Yixing protested.
"You know you do," the older said plainly. "You don't need to pretend to be neat and clean - because, Zhang Yixing, I see your room every day. You don't need to stop shouting at me whenever I annoy you, and you don't need hitting at me when I'm late for our dates... and you definitely don't have to act extra cutely or talk more gently, I'll go crazy."
"...I understand..." the other said.
"Good."
"BUT! I'm not the only one who needs to stop pretending!"
"I am not pretending."
"Oh? Who was it that tried to keep acting cool during dinner once? But when I held his hand, it was damper than the glass of cold water?"
"Not me."
"Who was it that couldn't look at me properly during our first month? Who said we can do whatever I want?"
"Not a clue."
"And who was it that Chanyeol was referring to when he said a certain person was freaking out every time he would go out with me? I recall some of the questions that person asked Chanyeol actually..."
"I'm going to kill him tomorrow."
"What should I wear? Do you think he actually likes my perfume? What habit did he say he didn't like about me??"
"Stop," an embarrassed Yifan said. "I think we get the point."
"I didn't even realize I was pretending..." Yixing admitted.
"It was normal I guess," the older said as he stepped closer to the other for a hug. "We didn't start out with what we have now... We were simply roommates. We didn't really care if the other farted while we were eating or if the other wore perfume that was too strong..."
Yixing didn't respond, he just looked at his boyfriend - arms on the other's back.
"But that was part of the reason why I loved us... you. Everything was natural. Everything was real. It was just you... you that I love..."
The younger would lie if he said that didn't melt him a little.
"Promise me, Xing... that we would stop acting like we're on our first date from now on; that we would go on naturally with our relationship."
"I... sure, I promise... Promise me as well?"
"I promise. You're basically more than my boyfriend - I live with you everyday... and I'm your best friend." Yifan concluded with a smile.
"I hate it when you're this smugly..." the younger bowed, hiding his blush.
"No," Yifan said as he raised the other's head to meet his eyes. "You love it..." he said before kissing Yixing's lips.


The two of them spent a few more minutes browsing Yixing's camera. One date after another and one embarrassing moment after another. They could've stayed motionless longer if Yixing didn't feel hungry and got up to see if there's something to cook.
"How did your shoot yesterday go anyway?" he asked. "It was for a cosmetics ad, right?"
"Yup..." Yifan answered as he stretched on the sofa. "They gave me so much make-up that I'm pretty sure my skin is ruined for the next few weeks. I'm not even sure I was able to remove it all this morning."
"Would you like some pancakes?" Yixing said as he found a box of mix.
"Let's just eat out... We can even go see Sehun or Chen afterwards..."
"Still too early... It's half past seven. They won't be awake till ten."
"Nope, it's already eleven."
"Whut?" Yixing said as he looked at the clock on their kitchen, clearly showing the longer hand on the number six and the shorter hand in between seven and eight. "It is... seven-thirty... right?"
"That clock's not working, remember?"
"AHHHHHH, right..." the younger realized. "Remind me again why we are not replacing that clock? Or have it repaired?"
"That clock's not going anywhere," Yifan said simply. "Holds too much memories for me."
"We're going to place it back after we get it repaired."
"And have another person's hands stain the memories I have with it?! No, thank you."
"You're weird sometimes..." Yixing said as he couldn't remember what memories Yifan could possibly have with that clock.
"I am and I don't think I need to change before we go out..."
"Suit yourself; I'm going to change my shirt." 

As they agreed before, going out after that became a lot easier. It was just like their Thursday dates when they were still roommates. But Yixing appreciated it more than before. He appreciated how Yifan put him before anything else; how Yifan couldn't care less if other people saw them hold hands, order couple food, or wear their bracelets. Yixing didn't feel awkward - or Yifan made sure he didn't feel so. Whatever Yifan did, he made sure Yixing felt as if they're as normal as any couple are. Yes, they were two boys... but they were two people in love - no less than the next boy-girl couple. Besides, Yixing thought that they actually behaved better than other people. They never did anything inappropriate in public, rather, no further than a kiss on the forehead and holding hands. They weren't that affectionate anyways... well, in public.

(buzzz)
Their apartment's doorbell rang as soon as Yixing went in to change. Annoyed by the sudden visit, Yifan got up to open the door. "I can only think of a few people that would bother another this early during a Sunday..." he said.
"You were thinking of bothering others yourself," Yixing shouted after hearing the other's comments.
"But not THIS early."
(buzzzz) (buzzzz)
"I'M Coming!" Yifan shouted.
"Well hurry up!!! I'm holding a lot of stuff!" Chanyeol shouted back from outside the door.
"Make sure you guys are wearing something. I don't need to see either of you !!" Chen added.
"If you shout that again here in the hall, you will die," Yifan threatened as he was greeted by three smiling people.
"See, he has clothes on," Suho pointed out.
"Stop your grumpy attitude, we bought food!" Chanyeol said as he excitedly went it, followed by the other two.
"Yixing-hyuuuunggg!!!" Chen shouted as soon as he got in.
"There goes my plan for the rest of the day..." Yifan thought, but happy to receive their friends nonetheless.

 

 

 


--------------------------
A/N: HEELLLLOO! haha. how are you guys? well, i'm back. I hope you're looking forward to how this story will progress. Is it angst? Hmmm. i wonder? haha. But if you read my other stories, i'm pretty sure you know how i like my fics. :D
So... would any of you remember why Yifan didn't want to throw away the clock?
i'll update soon. :)