There is more to you than meets the eye.

Covert Love

---Li An's POV---

"Tao..." I whispered as I moved away from him. I finally managed to stop crying and speak clearly but only a single word came out.

"Yes Li An?"                               

"Close your eyes" I walked behind him, his hair;making him shiver. With his guard down I grabbed his Wushu stick and smacked him over the head with it.

"OW Li An! What did you do that for?!"

"Don't ever touch me again!" I screamed as I stormed off.

Ha. We were best friends once...till he became obsessed with dating me. I would prefer it if we were friends again, but that is hard to achieve when he is someone who cannot suppress his feelings.

 

---Ae Yeon's POV---

"Lay you can't just ditch someone in the middle of a date, you are lucky she agreed to go on another one with you today."

"Yeah I know Ae Yeon but you said that you were feeling down and that it was going to rain but you did not have an umbrella."

"So you take your dates umbrella? What is she to do when it rains?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot that she wouldn't have had one...OH I HOPE SHE DID NOT GET CAUGHT IN THE RAIN!" So he just realized?

"Well it is not like she was left standing in the rain for Twenty-four hours so maybe she will be okay about it." Well normally people would be irritated by that regardless of the time frame but I tried to reassure him nonetheless.

"I don't know Ae Yeon...I cannot believe I didn't realise. I am so inconsiderate..."

"Yixingpls." I sighed as I put my hand to my forehead.

 

---Mi Rae's POV---

"It's amazing right?" My last visit to Bobajjang was unfortunately, ruined but I would not allow that to create bad memories of this place for me.

"Yeah it is very nice but-OH WOW WHAT WAS THAT?!" Yixing shouted. I didn't know he could raise his voice that loud.

"Um...Yixing those are the mango pieces..."

"Oh is that so haha, and you can call me Lay if you want."

Ha. Yixing and Yifan are complete opposites. To think 'Kris' would even consider the possibility that I'd ever be interested in him.

"Mi Rae, I am, I am very sorry" What was Yixing apologizing for?

"Yixing-Lay what are you apologizing for?"

"For our disaster of a first date, not only did I leave halfway, I did so with your umbrella and I am aware of how bad the rain got. You were not left in the rain right?"

"Well actually I was...But Kris happened to be in the area and gave me his to use.It was amazing he took me to this hill and-no sorry I should not be speaking of him."

Oh...I forgot about what Kris had done for me back then...It was sweet of him.

"Kris huh? Well I am just glad that you were not soaked by the rain." How can he be so nice? There must be something wrong with him. 

Oh God.

He prefers XBOX over PLAYSTATION doesn't he? No that won't do.

"Lay do you perhaps, have an Xbox?" Here goes.

"Haha no, I have never owned a console."

That.

That is it. I can't.

But then again, it is better not to like any console than to like Xbox.

To fill the silence I stopped drinking my smoothie to tell Yixing a random story.

"There was this one time when I was in high school. The end."

"Huh?" He didn't get it. Why am I not surprised.

"Lay, I remember you saying how the police stopped you when you were out at Yhuewit park during the night. If you don't mind me asking, why was that?"

"Uh, I don't know how to explain this but do you know of something called, ?"

...

..

.

And that explains everything.

"So you smoke ?"

"No who said that?"

Bruh.

"Oh never mind, so what about it?"

"Apparently it grows from the ground and it is a very popular plant that enables you to focus better in school. So in order for me to get a hold of some I went looking at the plants in the park at 2am when no one was around."

What the hell? Who told him this?

"You do know that it is illegal right?"

"No what? Really? Well I guess that explains why the police started manhandling me when I said I was looking for ."

"Mi Rae let's talk about you instead" Lay said with a charming grin on his face. God. He is so cute.

"Sure but what do you want to know?" I never know what to say when people say that.

"What are your hobbies?" Generic.

"Well, I like to draw; though I am not amazing. Music too,  I have instruments but I am not that dedicated haha"

"Oh wow! Do you have a guitar?"

"Yes but I can't really play..." I hate when people ask that.

"I can teach you!"

"Really? You will?!" I have always wanted to learn but I don't know what sounds more appealing-being alone with lay at what I assume, his house or learning to play.

"Yes! are you free Monday after school?"

"Um I should be! I will text you about it tomorrow!" Hehe a third date already.

"It's getting late Mi Rae, I should take you home." Oh wow I have never been taken home before.

I approached my front door with caution as I did not want my family to find out that I had a boyfriend. Before I could confirm anything, Yixing grabbed my hand.

"Mi Rae, can I kiss you?"

"I-" I backed away step at a time and before I knew it, I was directly in front of my front door.

As dense as he is, Yixing noticed that I backed away not out of rejection towards him but due to my shyness. Being considerate of this, he then took my hand again and kissed it instead.

Smooth. But I didn't want to leave it there, I wanted to hug him, I wanted to kiss him.

"Yixing!" I shouted for him as he turned to leave.

"Huh?" He tilted his head like a confused puppy. How cute.

"Oh it's nothing, goodnight Lay."

But I wasn't able to.

 

---Li An's POV---

"Li An what are you doing here? It's 10pm you shouldn't be at my house this late." He was topless...

"But Sehunnie, I wanted to see you!" He wouldn't even look at me.

"I thought I told you not to come back to me." He moved closer.

"Let me make this clear Li An, by that I mean we are over."

"What? B-but I, I love you." And before I knew it, my eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Li An, I am going to go now okay?" He began to shut his door, slowly.