Enter:Yixing

Covert Love

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!...What! Why the hell are the gates shut?!"

I decided to keep my phone off during my first day, which made me unaware of the fact that I was now ten minutes late to my FIRST LESSON.

On a wall beside the gates there was a intercom, it looked all clean and maintained but it required a lot of force to actually press it.

"Who is it?" Said an irritated female voice.

"Uh...Um I'm the new student starting today, My name is Lee Mi Rae" My voice cracked and shook. My nerves were getting the best of me.

"Make your way in" Said the receptionist as the six meter gates slowly creaked opened for me.

Inside academy, the walls and wooden floor were all coated in a bronze colour paint. Lacking in expression and motivation. There seemed to be an absence of photographs or paintings on the wall. Nothing illustrated the history of this place. In their stead, there were countless framed quotes along all the walls. Quotes or not they don't really speak inspiration here.

Before I could even look at her, the receptionist said "Timetable right here, Room 143, take a left, you have maths first..and do NOT be late again"

"Oh okay..."My response was weak and ignored.

What an attitude.

The hallway was dark and quiet, the only sound that could be heard was the rhythmic pattern of my footsteps. As I grew closer and closer, my footsteps unintentionally became slower.

There it was. Room 143.

I took a deep breath, gulped and cleared my throat. I was ready...to convince myself that I was ready anyway.

*knock knock*

"Come in~" To my surprise, a friendly soft voice welcomed me into the class. Phew.

I walked in quietly, trying to somehow decrease the number of eyes following my every move.

"Hi, I am Miss Jenkins and I'll be your math teacher for the year. Now, if you'll just introduce yourself" The bubbly math teacher instructed.

"Uh...Hi...I am Lee Mi Rae, I hope we get along"

The other students stared blankly at me. Well that was till an obnoxious boy began to chuckle. I would have asked him what his problem was, but everyone was still watching me.

There are two empty seats, please don't put me next to him,please don-

"Ms Lee, your seat is the empty one next to Wu Yifan. Yifan put your hand up to direct Ms Lee"

AHHHHHHHHHHHH It's him. Just my luck. I have to sit next to the class jerk, well at least I hope he's the class jerk. Please don't tell me there is more. 

To my right is a girl with mid length burgundy hair, the type that is considerably long; just not over the top long. She looked somewhat friendly I guess, but I was convinced when she started a conversation with me. Oh how I hate friendly people.

"So you hit the jackpot with that one aye, good luck getting through this class.That guy is quite the bad apple. OH sorry. By the way I'm Ae Yeon, aka 5 foot 3 of pure iness.Mi Rae right?"

Ae Yeon held out her hand. What a weirdo. I skeptically looked down at it, but I thought its best to just be polite. I lightly shook her hand to avoid as much contact as possible.

"Are you okay?" Ae Yeon raised her eyebrow and asked.

I snatched my hand away and diverted my focus to the ongoing lesson. Oh no, just then-

"Mi Rae, seeing as your new to this class could you tell me what the square root of 64 times 8 divided by 4 is?" Devil Jenkins why?!

"Uhhhhh" I couldn't think clearly whilst being on the spot and pressurized in this unfamiliar setting.

To my unexpected rescue, Wu Yifan whispered the answer.

"Its eight"

"Eight!" I immediately shouted, desperate to get out of this situation.

In response, Yifan, along with the rest of the class united like a pack of hyena's in an uproar of laughter.

Damn it I can't believe I fell for that. The oldest trick in the damn book.

"Uh Miss Lee I do not believe that is correct, does anyone else know the answer?" Mrs Jenkins decided to ask other students.

"I know it'" The confident voice came from the mouth of a blonde girl with semi long hair and red painted lips.

"Why thank you Li an." Mrs Jenkins said all proud of herself as if she actually did anything.

Congrats "Li an" you answered the question. Goodie two shoes.

When another question was asked, A long pale arm extended its way into my vision. The arm belonged to a girl had short white silvery hair. She looked about 5"9? 5"10? Well I couldn't really tell as she was sitting down.

"How will this benefit our future?" The pale girl challenged.

"Aera, please. Not now" pleaded Mrs Jenkins.

"Ummm, Mrs Jenkins I'm not sure if you know but-" Ae Yeon began.

"What is it?!" Mrs Jenkins was clearly frustrated. 

"That's my phrase." Ae Yeon informed.

"What?! Ae Yeon please."

"That is my phrase!" Ae Yeon continued.

"Okay Ae Yeon, whatever helps you sleep at night"

"Thanks."

Mrs Jenkins gave in so easily? I didn't expect her to be such a push over. Whatever, maybe it was just a rough day for her. But hey I use that word too. Alright. So does everyone.

Class finished sooner then expected, my second class started in an hour so I decided it was time to have a chat with Mr Wu.I waited for him outside of the class. He came out with his bag flung back on his shoulder. Typical "cool" facade. He had been sitting down before so I didn't expect him to tower above me when he stepped out.

"Ha, you're waiting for me? What do you want" His voice defined puberty. Although he's a jerk. I kind of like his voice...No Mi Rae plz.

"What is your problem?" I questioned Yifan.

"Well nothing in particular, I'm just bored" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe you should take your boredom elsewhere."

Yi fan placed his hands against the wall behind me as he said "Maybe you should make me." He smirked as if he was finished but didn't budge.

Oh. My. God.

I squirmed and fidgeted, but when I finally broke free, I collided head on with a boy carrying books.

All his books fell to the floor and we both scrambled trying pick them up.

"I-I'm so sorry" I apologized as I straightened up his books.

"No sorry it was my fault I wasn't watching where I was going." The boy said.

He had golden brown hair and a soft look in his small brown eyes. Instantly putting my heart at ease. When the books were all piled up he noticed I had a small cut on my arm. 

"Oh no did the books do that?! Paper cuts can be quite nasty. Er umm. How about I make it up to you with some lunch?

Yifan's agitated voice; now with a tone full of reject, had almost interrupted my one shot at a textbook romance.

"Yixing what the hel-" 

(Yixing...) I repeated to myself.

I think I am in love.