6

Another Star

Kyungsoo bites back a sigh when he sees himself on tv, locking lips with Kai. It hadn’t been a full fledged kiss, but more than enough to make him uneasy. He didn’t even know what Kai himself thought of the scene. For all he knew, Kai could very well have been forced to act, too. Not that it seemed like it.

 

“I’m going to bed.” His manager interrupts, to which Kyungsoo nod and say a quick good night. He knows the older man has a meeting in the morning and therefore spares no second thought as to why his manager heads to bed at ten pm. It’s unusually early for any of them. But Kyungsoo’s relieved nonetheless because the following day would be free of schedules. There was nothing to do and he’d already decided to just lay in front of the tv and relax. Maybe eat some delicious food.

 

“Don’t stay up too late.”

 

Kyungsoo falls asleep on the couch sometime around three in the morning, his body splayed all across the not-so-comfortable-cushions. He doesn’t even stir in his sleep when a cell phone blares in the other room, not does he wake up when the shower’s running or when there’s a slam of a door. Kyungsoo’s so immensely tired that it takes almost twelve hours of sleep and the ring of the doorbell to get him up. Dazed, and slightly confused, Kyungsoo his lips and makes his way over. He spares no thought at the possibility of it being a stalker or a sasaeng as he unlocks and push open the door.

 

“Trying a new hairstyle?” He’s surprised to say the least, by Kai’s sudden appearance at his doorstep. More so because the other shouldn’t know where he live. Unless, unless he’d gotten the address from someone. Immediately did his CEO come to mind.

 

“I want to talk to you. Can I come in?” Kai steps inside before Kyungsoo’s able to reply. Too exhausted to argue, he simply lets the other male do whatever. Kai wasn’t exactly a stranger so maybe his manager wouldn’t be that upset about Kyungsoo inviting people into their so-called home. It’s not much of a home though, he thinks, because they’ve just moved there and he’s still trying to get used to all the stuff. Not that he’s complaining because at least everything is working. A stark contrast to their previous apartment.

 

“This place is small.” Kyungsoo, although he agrees with Kai, doesn’t appreciate the statement at all.

 

“And you live in a palace with servants I presume.” There was no need to rub it in his face, that he didn’t come from a big company with money to spend. It was so unnecessary and only made Kyungsoo irritated. So annoyed in fact that he ignored Kai and went to grab something to eat from the fridge. There wasn’t a lot of options so he had to settle with yogurt, which he ate straight from the cup it came in.

 

“Sorry. I didn’t know you’d be so sensitive about it.” May it be the exhaustion or the minimal ransom of food he’d got the past couple of weeks, but Kyungsoo was not glad. He’s looked forward to this day for almost three weeks. A day where he could just be himself and not pretend to be Kyungsoo the idol. And Kai’s already managed to destroy his peace and quiet by intruding at the only place he didn’t feel the need to put a mask on.

 

“What was it that you came here for?” He asks as soon as he’s discarded the cup of yogurt. He wants the conversation to be over and done so Kai could leave.

 

“I wanted to ask you about the other day.” Kyungsoo is so not ready for this and gulps when he sees how Kai advances until he’s standing right in front of him. This was not what he expected. Far from it actually, and he is not certain if he wants to listen anymore. Why don’t you just throw him out, Kyungsoo thinks to himself right as Kai parts his lips to say something.

 

“Was it really your first, or did you just say that?” Why was it so important to know if it was his first kiss or not? It wasn’t like it would change anything. And because of that, Kyungsoo admitted that it’d been his first. Kai’s reaction was immediate and Kyungsoo grew uncomfortable when the other male bit his lip.

 

“Well. Now you know that. And if that was everything you can leave.” This was a rather awkward situation for Kyungsoo and he side-stepped to get around Kai, who latched onto his arm when he tried to pass. Tension so thick he could feel it in his bones. He tries to play it off as nothing and refuses to let himself be affected by whatever Kai was pulling. He doesn’t have time, nor the energy for the other’s games.

 

“I don’t understand you. You’re upset because of a kiss and yet you sign a contract knowing there would be scenes that included skinship and romance. I mean. Are you actually upset or simply playing because you’re afraid to admit that you like it.” Kyungsoo didn’t know what to believe. It was . . . It was just so incredibly ridiculous. The fact that Kai said it with such easy and without shame made it even more absurd. And so, with an ever growing frustration did Kyungsoo pull himself away from Kai, who frowned.

 

“Why do I have to clarify or admit anything to you? I barely even know you.” He wonders, irritated by the turn of events. Kai shouldn’t even have showed up in the first place, and now he was bothering Kyungsoo. He ignores the other as he walk back to the living room, where he takes a seat in the couch.

 

“Are we done now?” Kyungsoo hopes so for he wants to be left alone. Rude or not, he doesn’t bother to be friendly anymore. Kai’s unnecessary statements put an end to that. Thinking that Kai might take the hint and leave, he lay down and closed his eyes. Kyungsoo’s counting in his head, slowly and meticulously, until he reaches a hundred. It must’ve taken him minutes and he’s so convinced Kai left that he sits up and open his eyes. Kai’s not only still there. But he’s also taken it upon himself to take a seat on the armrest. Not exactly what Kyungsoo thought would happen. Then again. He hadn’t heard anything.

 

“You’re not getting rid of me that easy.”

 

“What more do you want?” Kyungsoo’s had enough of this already.

 

“I shouldn’t say this. But I’m going to either way. I didn’t really sign the contract out of free will.” Kai’s been told to not reveal any of that, and yet here he was. Revealing the truth about his contract. He did it to let Kyungsoo know that he disliked all the romance and liplock, too. Kyungsoo’s reaction was unexpected though, because the other male shot from his seat and stood up. This couldn’t be real, Kyungsoo thought. Both of them were forced to sign something they obviously did not want to. It was unreal.

 

“I can’t believe this. I know exactly what he’s trying to -.” Kyungsoo comes to a halt just as he’s about to reveal what he thinks his CEO’s been planning. This was so not an ideal situation to spill the secrets. And although he was furious, he remained silent even as Kai approached him. The other gave him a look that didn’t need further explanation.

 

“Who’s trying what?” Kai wasn’t sure what to believe, and it certainly did not ease his curiosity when Kyungsoo took a step back. And he began to piece it all together by the time Kai manages to get a hold of him. He’s holding onto Kyungsoo’s wrists, as to make it harder for the older male to get away. Kai wants to hear the rest, wants to know what Kyungsoo was about to say.

 

“If you know something, then say it.”

 

It feels just as if his heart is about to burst from its place, because that’s how uncomfortable Kyungsoo’s at the moment. He can’t possibly out his CEO even though he’s starting to consider it. Such a dirty game, such a dirty trick just to get publicity. And the one having to act as a puppet is none other than Kyungsoo. And Kai, who’s seemingly as oblivious to what’s been going on behind their backs.

 

“It’s not that I know for sure. But . . .” Kyungsoo stalls, and for the first time he’s actually happy that his phone rings. Kai doesn’t budge though, despite his tries to move. It’s ridiculous and Kyungsoo frowns when nothing happens.

 

“Actually. Why don’t you talk to someone at your own company.” His suggestion must have come as a shock because Kai let go of his wrists. And in-before the other managed to do anything, Kyungsoo got out of the way and headed over to the bedroom where his cell phone lay. One missed call from his manager. But instead of trying to call back, in case the older man was in a meeting or something, he sent a text message saying that he was doing fine and that he was watching tv. It hadn’t taken many minutes. But Kai was gone by the time he returned to the living room.

 

Kyungsoo shrugs, goes to lock the door, and is right about to sink down in the couch when there’s a sound from his phone again. A text message. Not from his manager like he thought though. But from Kai.


I hate when people lie to me.