Kid

Listen To My Heart...Not My Voice...

“Omma! I’m home!” I shouted as soon as I got my right foot in the house.

“How many time I have to remind you not to shout, dear?” Omma said walking out of the kitchen.

“She said that I’m very loud, but now who is the loudest?” My dear brother said wiggling his eye brows at me. I made a face at him showing him my fist.

“Ahkkkk Omma, Winwin is threatening me” He pretended to be afraid while hiding behind Omma’s back.

“Aish! Such a mommy boy!” I said rolling my eyes. Omma shook her head at our bicker.

“Jung Hyewin!”

“Blehh!” I stuck my tongue at him and ran to my room.

“Winwin, finish shower and come down to eat” Omma shouted.

“Nae!”

After shower I took my phone and texted Jungkook.

‘Dinner yet? Read book? Miss me? I miss you too :)’

Message sent!

I smiled waiting for his reply. Although he told me to go away, he never ignore my text even once.

Then my phone vibrated. Bingo! I quickly swiped the screen to read.

‘Not yet. Doing nothing’ I pouted reading his text. The answer always like that though. I signed and ran down to have dinner.

                **************************************

Jungkook was staring blankly into the wall as his finger played with his phone.

He then blinked his eyes and signed before going out.

“Oh Jungkook is here” A little boy jumped on his chair.  

“Hyung” Mrs. Jeon corrected a little boy and pushed him to sit back down. Jungkook ignored the little boy sitting down calmly and grabbed his spoon.

“Jungkook Jungkook, today I make a new friend and she’s a beautiful girl. She gave me ice-cream and took me to play in the park. She also buy me many robots. I think I love her” The boy said in one go without taking a breath. Jungkook nodded and then turned to look at his Omma questioning.

“MinAh” She mouthed and Jungkook nodded.

“Jungkook is hyung to you, Kid” Mr. Jeon said lowly.

“I’m not kid anymore, papa” little boy whined pouting. Mr. Jeon shook his head and continued to eat.

“You forget something, Kid” Mrs. Jeon stated.

“I’m not kid, omma”

“Your name is Kid, isn’t it?” She reminded.

“Oh, right. I forget” Kid, the little boy scratched his head. Mr. Jeon hit Kid’s head gently, Jungkook smiled as Mrs. Jeon shook her head. This kid.

Kid was four years old boy who Jungkook picked up from an alley when he walked back home from school since Kid was two years old. Looked like he lost his family or his family abandoned him. Jungkook and his mother took him to the police station but no one or his family come to take him back, so Mrs. Jeon decided to adopt him. He’s like a son in the family too and they all hid the fact about him. No one was allowed to let out or tell him. First, they didn’t even know his name and his age so it was very difficult to look after since Kid only cried to see his mother but in two years Mrs. Jeon patiently raised him and took care of him with all of her heart. Same to Mr. Jeon and Jungkook, they loved him as same as their real family. And finally, Kid forget his real family and lived with Jeon family happily.  

“Call Jungkook hyung, Kid” Omma said.

“Nae omma” He replied politely. But they all knew that he would call Jungkook by name again and again. He learnt it from Mrs. And Mr Jeon because they called Jungkook like that, so the way they addressed Jungkook was the way Kid learnt to speak. Jungkook didn’t mind him at all. He loved him like his own brother since he was only one child in the family. Jungkook was quite close to Kid but it’s hard for him to communicate with him since Jungkook didn’t talk and Kid couldn’t read. But Jungkook would take some times to play with his dongsaeng.

After dinner the family gathered in the living room eating fruits.

“Kid is four years old already so we decided to send him to kindergarten school. What do you think, Jungkook?” Mrs. Jeon asked. Jungkook looked at his omma and then nodded.

“Me? Go to school? No! I don’t want to go. School is very scary” Kid said stubbornly. The couple looked at each other.

“This remind me about Jungkook when he first went to school” Mr. Jeon said smiling. Jungkook shook his head at Kid. Kid pouted and then cried out. It happened every time they talked about school. The elders signed as Jungkook patted his brother’s head when the little boy ran to hug his leg asking for help.

“School is not scary and you’ll make more friends at school. They’re beautiful and nice…”

“No…I don’t want…Omma…appa, please I don’t want to go…nah nah, Jungkook-ah, Kid don’t want to study. Don’t send Kid to school, ok?” Kid cried tugging onto Jungkook’s arm. Jungkook couldn’t do anything to pacify him since he couldn’t speak. He looked at his parent and then signed. He picked Kid up and walked out of the living room while Kid hugging his neck with tears.

In the garden Jungkook hugged Kid patting his back gently, they were on the swing. Kid just stopped crying and had his arms wrapped around Jungkook’s neck. He was upset to go to school just like Jungkook when he was young. He remembered how his mother tried to send him to school. Back then he was afraid that his parent didn’t pick him up or abandon him. Now, Kid acted just like him.

“Omma and appa must hate me and mad at me, right? Jinjja, I don’t want to go. Jungkook-ah, tell omma and appa, I will not go to that place…” Kid mumbled in Jungkook’s neck. Jungkook signed. He didn’t want Kid to act like him though. It’s lonely back then.

They stayed silent until Jungkook realized that Kid was asleep in his arms.

Jungkook put Kid down gently in his bed and pecked his forehead. Mrs. Jeon singed looking at her two sons.

“I wish he agree to go to school” She whispered. Jungkook turned to look at his mom with worried eyes.

“However we’ll try. We will not let the same thing happen again. Good night, dear” She said pecking Jungkook’s cheek and headed out of the room. Jungkook stared at his mom’s back until the door close. He really wanted to talk to his mom, but he couldn’t do that since he was afraid that everything turn wrong.

He snapped out of his thought as his phone vibrate in his pants pocket. He took it out and read the text from his annoying friend, Jung Hyewin.

‘Sleep yet? Doing? Miss you, can’t fall asleep ^^’ He smiled at her text. She couldn’t breathe if she didn’t text him and she would not stop texting if he didn’t reply.

‘Not yet. Kid just fall asleep after making a mess’

‘Y? He didn’t want to sleep?’

‘Refused to go to school’

‘keke just like you’

‘Mm. Going to sleep now. Night’

‘Good night. Love you’

Jungkook smiled reading her text. He admitted she’s very annoying but in a good way and in her own way.

Still there was a deep feeling for her although he always told her to go away. When they were younger, Jungkook was the only one who always help her. That’s why Hyewin never ever thought about stop loving him.