Trip Pt 2

Listen To My Heart...Not My Voice...

“Sleeping beauty, we’re here” I woke up hearing a voice with a shake on my shoulder. I opened my sore eyes to see that playboy’s face.

“Arrive?” I asked rubbing my eyes. They’re puffy because I cried.

“Yes. Come on, let’s have fun” He said taking my hand. I shook his hand away and started to put my things into my backpack. Didn’t forget to glance at Jungkook who was standing up. My eyes widened as Jungkook’s seat mate who was trying to stand up, suddenly lost her balance and fell back into Jungkook’s body. Jungkook was fast to catch her by her waist and he pushed her to stand on her feet. I quickly turned away to hide my puffy eyes and hurtful face as he looked at me.

“Yah, palli!” I pushed Dahyun and ran down first with my tears in my eyes. Don’t cry, Hyewin, don’t cry… Of course, I was jealous to death already.

I ran out of the bus and found we were in front of a flower garden, flowers everywhere. I looked around before running in the open gate. My tears fall down nonstop already. I can’t let anyone to see it especially my brother.

“Oh hello…” As I was running a middle age man greeted me. He must be the owner.

“Mm, sorry, may I know where the bathroom is?” I asked.

“Er, sure. But are you ok, Agassi?”

“I’m fine…”

“Just go straight and turn left”

“Thank you” I bowed and quickly ran to my destination.

 

Jungkook got out of the bus looking around for Hyewin. But she was nowhere to be seen. He frowned starting to worry. He sure saw her puffy and hurtful eyes.

“You hurt her, Dude” Dahyun hit Jungkook’s shoulder gently. Jungkook frowned at the boy. Nayoung stood there watching them silently.

“Jungkookie!!!” With that Jimin ran in and threw himself to Jungkook. He sighed pushing the hyung away.

“Where is Hyewin?” J-Hope was the first one who asked. Jungkook shook his head.

“Yah, she was with you, Maknae” Taehyung stated. Jungkook let out a sigh and wrote something in his phone then showed everyone.

‘She wasn’t paired as my seatmate and she got out of the bus first’

“Let’s call her” Jimin said and J-Hope took out his phone to call his sister.

“She’s not picking up” He said frowning deeply.

“Let’s find her” Jin said and they nodded. But before they could go anywhere, Teacher’s voice through the mic pulled their feet to stop. Jungkook’ s eyes flinched in worry. He looked around to find her as same as J-Hope.

“Damn” J-Hope cursed under his breath. Namjoon patted his shoulder and he nodded.

“She’ll be fine. Maybe she needs to go to the restroom”

“Hope so”

“Because we don’t have enough room, the boys will take the tents and girls will use the guest room. Is that ok?” Teacher asked and the boys agreed.

Jungkook couldn’t focus on what teacher announced as his mind was with Hyewin. He didn’t know why, he just knew that he wanted to see her badly. His uneasy feeling kept telling him to find her as soon as possible.

“Alright, find your name on the door of the room for girls and all the guys, you can choose anywhere to set up your tent, but it’s only around the garden’s space. Got it?”

“Nae!!!!!!”

“Then dismiss” As the teacher let out the ‘dismiss’ Jungkook rushed out of the line and ran into the garden.

 

Hyewin sighed again and again thinking about her love life with Jungkook. The more she thinks, the more she found the ‘impossible’.

“Aish!” She kicked the rock and sat down on the grass behind the bushes of flowers, hugging her knees to her chest and cried. It was a bit far so someone couldn’t find her.  

Jungkook ran around the garden, the house and the pond but still he could not find Hyewin.

He then stopped taking out his phone and texted her. As he was about to send the message but his eyes caught a figure beside the bushes. He let out a relief sigh walking toward her sitting posture. She had her head resting on her arms as her arms were on her knees. His finger reached to caress her bang out of her face and he found she was asleep. A smile spread on his face seeing such a cute scene in front of him, it’s not like he’s never seen her sleeping but that was the best sleeping style ever. Jungkook captured her picture and sent to J-Hope telling he has found her and not to worry. After that he just sat down beside her. The boy noticed her puffy eyes and sighed. He wasn’t a fool till didn’t know why she was so upset. He even noticed her jealousy when she looked at him and Nayoung.     

From a far, Nayoung watched them with her unreadable eyes. She just stared at them silently. And then turned her heel to the house.

Hyewin’s POV

I shift my arms as I felt numb. I didn’t know how long I fell asleep there. My eyes were puffy, how could I hide it from oppa, huh? He would freak out seeing me like that. I rubbed my eyes finding it was dark already. I quickly turned to grab my backpack but I had to stop since my eyes caught a figure beside me and I’ve never mistaken who it was. His sense, his breath, his smell, his heartbeat…I never ever forget those.

“J…Jungkook…” I turned to him and met his bright eyes. His eyes never fail to make my heart beat fast.

“When…when did you come here?” I asked blinking my eyes. Talked about my eyes, I quickly lowered my head down. He shouldn’t see my puffy eyes though.

He then showed me his phone.

‘Why are you here? We were very worried’

“Sorry…I…I think we should go” I said getting up. But I was shocked as he grabbed my hand. I looked down at him as he looked up to me with his pleading eyes. I didn’t know why he was pleading but I felt weak seeing his sad eyes.

I sighed sitting down again. It’s not like I didn’t want to be with him, I just felt so tired and hopeless. And it’s not good for him to see my selfish side.

‘We need to talk’ I read his text and raised my eye brow.

“Why?” I asked and it surprised me when it came out cold. I didn’t know but it just came out like that unconsciously. He stared at me silently and it was awkward.

“So…what do you want to talk?” I asked trying not to be cold like earlier.

‘Are you trying to avoid me?’

“Ani…I’m not avoiding you”

‘Then why didn’t you wait for me? And why did you cry?’

“I…I just wanted to go to the restroom and I didn’t cry”

‘Your eyes are puffy’

“It’s…it’s because I slept…” I lied and he looked at me. I knew he didn’t believe me. I then sighed lowering my head down. Oh, come on, Hyewin, you’re always cheerful and bright, you couldn’t let him see you like that. I bit my lips didn’t know what to say. Then I was surprised as Jungkook reached his hand to cup my face. I looked up and he caressed my cheek with his thumb. My heart started to beat so fast. My eyes closed automatically when his thumb went to caress my puffy eyes. It was very quiet, only our breath could be heard. Then for my surprise, I felt his lips on mine. I opened my eyes wide and didn’t know what to do. He…he was kissing me? Was it real? I wasn’t dreaming? My heart skipped a beat every time he moved his lips. His right hand was on my neck while his left hand was on my arm. I wasn’t in my right mind whether I should kiss him back or push him away.

I was pulled to the reality as he deepened the kiss when I parted my lips to breathe. It was a real kiss which I used to see in drama and I’ve never known how it feel until I was kissed by the boy I always loved. It was gentle and I liked it.

“W..why?” I finally asked as he stopped the kiss. He stared down at me biting his lips. It’s like he wanted to say something but he was trying to hold back.

“Why? Why did you kiss me?” I asked with my hot cheeks. I bet, they were red. He still didn’t write something so I lowered my head down but my face was pushed up to meet his eyes again.

I raised an eye brow as he pointed to his lips and mouthed.

‘Mi-An-Hae’ He was saying sorry?

“Why sorry? For kissing me? It’s ok…Er…I meant I like it…” The last part, it’s almost a whisper but I knew he heard it. He smiled and I smiled sheepishly rubbing my neck and turned away feeling shy.

The next moment I was pulled into his embrace. I was a bit shock but felt relax in his arms. Well, that was the best memory ever. He never failed to make me fall for him more and more.

“Saranghae” I mumbled softly hoping he could hear it. He pushed me out of his arms and pointed to his lips again.

‘Na-Do’ Did…did I see something wrong? He just said ‘me too’? My jaw dropped at his mouthing.

“Did…you just said ‘me too’?” I asked. He nodded with a smile.

“You…you love me too?” I asked again. Unbelievable? I wasn’t dreaming, right? If I was really dreaming, please don’t wake me up.

He smiled typing something in his phone and showed in front of my face.

‘Yes, I love you too’ I widened my eyes and little did I know was I threw myself to him. My arms wrapped around his neck and I cried, but it was because I was very happy.

“I am not dreaming, right?” I said sobbing. I could feel he was shaking his head that made me smile between crying.

I really wanted to shout to the world that he also loved me too.

After a while of happiness, Jungkook got a message from Jin Oppa that we should head back to have dinner.

I smiled shyly didn’t even dare to make eyes contact with Jungkook. He took my hand and pulled me to walk. I grinned looking at our hands and let him lead the way.

AHhhhhh was it real? I really couldn’t believe it. After the broken heart, I got the confession from him. Really?

“There they are” As we walked in the crowd, Oppas rushed toward us. Their tents were a bit far from other students so it’s easy to talk.

“Well, well, well, what we have here?” V Oppa said pointing at our hands. I quickly took my hand away but Jungkook held it tight. It’s true that they knew I loved Jungkook but they didn’t know if Jungkook loved me or not. And we’re not official couple yet.

“Eh, are you telling us that you two are…” Jimin oppa said and all eyes were on us.

“Official dating!!!” They said in unison.

“Andwae!!!” Jimin oppa freak out and kneeled down with his famous hurting face whenever Jungkook ignore him. But we just ignored him.

“Is it true, Jungkook?” Hope Oppa asked looking straight at the maknae. I gulped seeing his eyes. He was very serious when it came to my relationship with guy. I looked up to Jungkook and found he was nodding.

“Wah! It’s confirmed!!!”

“Yah, congratulation”

“Are we going to join the wedding soon?”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea that the maknae should marry first”

“Are you sure? And you’re not pregnant, aren’t you?” Hope oppa’s word made my eyes widened.

“Oppa! I’m not. Aish!” I whined hitting his arm.

“Aish, stop, stop. It’s hurt. And Jungkook, if you dare hurting my sister, you dead!” He warned with his most serious tone.  

“Enough now. Let’s eat and celebrate” Jin Oppa lighten up the atmosphere and we nodded. I smiled as Jungkook smiled back.

“Yah, you hurt me, Jungkookie!” Jimin oppa whined and we laughed. Jinjja, this oppa.

Finally, I could win Jungkook’s heart. Well, I’ll always love you, Jeon Jungkook.

 

From a distance, Nayoung stared at the newly couple with jealousy. Maybe she was a bit late but something kept telling her, she still having chance and she’s grabbing that chance.