Your Voice

Listen To My Heart...Not My Voice...

That night, my classmates and I slept together in a room while the boys slept in the tents. After showering, I got under the blanket with my phone texting Jungkook. It’s still boring with our text because I still felt awkward and him too. Aish, I was just too excited and happy though. But that night I slept with a smile, happiest smile ever.

Morning

“Hyewin-ah, Hyewin. Wake up!” I opened my eyes as someone shook my shoulder.

“Nae?” I asked seeing one of my classmate waking me up.

“We’re going to the field and plant the flower. Come on!” She said.

“Oh, really? I’m going.” I said getting up quickly. I hurried taking a bath, changed into a pair of jeans with a t-shirt, and didn’t forget to put my cap on. I grabbed my phone before running out of the room as the others started to leave.

“Where’re going to talk.” Before I could reach the field, MinAh pulled my arms into a room.

“Yah! You hurt me!” I yelled feeling the pain. She pushed me and gave me her hot glare. I rubbed my red wrist looking at her clueless.

“Don’t give me that innocent look! You know what you did to me.”

“I did nothing to you.” I said.

“But you’re officially dating Jungkook.”

“So what? It’s not like I tried to take him from you but we love each other.”

“Yah!”

“He also didn’t even love you. You’re the one who tried to bully him though.”

“You!” She yelled and was about to slap me but I felt nothing. Opening my eyes, I found my brother was holding her hand.

“Oppa…” I gasped. She widened her eyes seeing Hope oppa.

“I told you once and I’m not going to tell you again, ok?” He said and I could see the fear in her eyes.

“Winwin, go to see Jungkook. He’s in trouble.” Oppa said.

“Trouble?”

“Kid is calling.”

“Ok, Ok” I said running off and let oppa deal with MinAh.

I ran toward the flower field and found all the students there. Scanning around, I spotted Jungkook with other Oppas. Jungkook had a frown while Jin Oppa was talking to the phone, to Kid I guess.

“Hey!” I greeted and they turned to me.

“Well, look at your frown, Kookie.” I said touching where the frown located. He gave me a sigh taking my hand off his forehead and I chuckled.

“Winwin, here talk to Kid. He didn’t want to talk to anyone but Jungkook.” V oppa said. I nodded and Jin oppa gave me the phone.  

“Hey, Kid. It’s Noona.” I said cheerfully.

‘Noona, I want to see Jungkook!!!’ He cried out as soon as he heard my voice.

“Ok, Ok. Wait a minute.” I said smiling and I hang up.

“I don’t know if you guys forget or you don’t know about the world nowaday…” I said and they gave me clueless look.

“But…it’s possible to use video call, right?”

“Ah, hah!” And they chanted. I shook my head handing the phone to Jungkook.

“Come on, call him again.” I said and he smiled.

While Jungkook was busy on the silent phone call, we started to explore the field with the teachers. I found Hope Oppa came back but MinAh was not there. I just shrugged it off.

At the lunch time after taking a group photos, we ate together with the help of the owner of the place.

“Oppa, what did you do to MinAh?” I suddenly asked about them. And the other turned to look at me.

“Just told her not to hurt you again”

“Jongmal?”       

“Mm”

“What happened?” V Oppa asked with his innocent face.

“It’s…” I was about to tell them but MinAh just came to stand in front of me. We looked at her curiously and for my surprise, she handed me letter. Dumbfounded, I looked at the letter in her hand.

“I’m sorry.” She said putting the letter on the table and ran off. Everyone started to gossip and I still didn’t know what to do. Jungkook nudged my shoulder making me back to my sense.

“Did…did she just say sorry?” I asked. They all nodded unison. I then picked up the letter to open and took it out to read.

I read it silently as the other started to eat again.

“Oppa, are you sure, you didn’t do anything to her?” I asked when I finished reading it.

“What did she write?” He asked back.

“She said sorry and promise not to bother us again.” I said as Jungkook took the letter to read.

“Yah, Hyung, what did you do?” Jimin Oppa asked and we all looked at him waiting for the explanation. Hope oppa let out a sigh.

“I…shhh…” He looked so hesitated.

“Oppa…” I whined.

“I told her…no, no, no, I meant I lied.”

“You don’t usually lie, dude.” Suga Oppa stated and it was true.

“What did you lie?” Namjoon oppa asked.

“I told her that Winwin has cancer and you don’t much time to live and really need to be love. First, I didn’t she believe but she did. Such a fool. Hashas!” He said laughing like a crazy man. Hmm, back to himself again.

“Jinjja, Oppa. I’m fine. Why are you playing with my life?” I asked pouting. Jungkook smiled patting my shoulder.

“Shh, I was just joking. Who knows, she really believed me.”

“At least, she still has her kind to pity and concern about the other.” Jin Oppa said and we nodded. She was not that bad, right?

After eating, teachers gave us a break and then we would learn how to grow the flowers again.

“They’re beautiful.” I said. I and Jungkook were walking hand in hand in the orchid garden. Jungkook turned to smile at me. I stopped and turned to look at him.

“I miss your voice…” I said staring into his eyes. He sighed and I lowered my head down.

“I’m sorry…” I said and he ruffled my hair with his baby smile.

“But…Jungkook…have you even tried to speak?” I asked and he shook his head.

“I think you should try.” He still shaking his head.

“Nah, you can do it.” I shook his hands pouting. He stared at me with his big bright eyes. Heol, I really loved his eyes.

“I really miss your soft voice, Jungkook…” I said lowly with my teary eyes. He sighed pulling me into his embrace and I wrapped my hands around his waist. Somehow, I still keeping a hope that he would be able to speak again.

In the evening after dinner, we all gathered around the campfire and discussed about what we have learn about flowers.

“Where is Jungkook, Hyewin?” Jimin Oppa asked.

“He’s going to take his phone. He forgot it in the tent.”

“Oh, fine.”

A few minutes later, I got a message from Jungkook telling me to go to meet him at the place where he confessed yesterday.

“Oppa, Jungkook tells me to meet him for a while.” I told Jimin oppa and got up.

“Mm, be careful. It’s dark already.”

“Thanks” I said and walked toward the destination. As I reached the place, I saw nothing. Jungkook was not there.

“Oh, hi.” I turned and found a girl, she was Jungkook’s seatmate on the bus.

“Oh, hi. Do you see Jungkook? I meant, your seatmate on the bus.”

“And he’s your boyfriend.” She said straightly and I blushed.

“Mm…yes…”

“I saw him going that way.” She said pointing to a dark road. And I found it’s a road leading to the forest.

“Thank you…”

“Look like he was preparing something special for you. Good luck.” She said and walked away.

“Special? But it’s scary…” I said feeling fear. But since she told me so, I had to go. Lightening the flashlight from my phone, I walked on the road.

“Jungkook! Where are you?” I yelled as I found it’s getting farer and farer.

“It’s not funny, ok? Don’t play like this. I don’t need any surprise. Come on, Jungkook!” I kept yelling and I got no respond at all.

I then stopped and think. I should have text him first. But it was out of service. Oh, I was in the forest though. What to do? Where was Jungkook? I started to panic.

“I should go back and tell Oppas to help.” I mumbled to myself and turned around to walk back but I guess, I’ve lost.

My eyes got teary didn’t know what to do. Where should I go? What should I do?

“Jungkook!!!! Help me!!!!” I shouted hoping he would appear right next to me. Sitting down, I cried out hugging my knees.

Jungkook’s part

Jungkook walked toward the crowd and sat down beside Jimin.

“Oh, Jungkook, where is Winwin?” Jimin asked. Jungkook shook his head and took out his phone to write.

‘I don’t know. Isn’t she here?’

“What?! Hey, something is wrong.” Jimin said and the other turned to him.

“Wait, let me explain. First, I came here and I saw only Hyewin. I then asked her where is Jungkook and she said Jungkook is going to take his phone from the tent, right Makane?” Jimin asked and Jungkook nodded. The thing was getting interesting.

“Yah, palli, dude!” Rapmon said.

“Then Winwin told me Jungkook wanted to meet her then she just goes away. But now, Jungkook is here asking where Winwin is. Guys, something’s really wrong.”

‘I didn’t tell her to meet me at all’ Jungkook wrote it on the paper.

“Then who?”

“What?!” J-Hope yelled getting up. He turned to MinAh but she kept shaking her head.

“I don’t know. I don’t do anything.” She said. Jungkook bit his lips feeling worried. He checked his phone but saw nothing. Then he called her but couldn’t reach.

“So, we have to find her.” Teachers came out and assigned everyone to find Hyewin. Jin and Suga came to Jungkook who had worried face on.

“She’s fine, Maknae.” Then they started to find Hyewin everywhere. J-Hope was very frustrated and crazy. He ran into the forest before the teacher could prevent him to. Jungkook also followed him. He was thinking why she could go there but something kept telling him, he should go in there.

“Hyewin!!!! Winwin-ah!!!!” J-Hope shouted out.

“Jungkook, you go that way and I’ll take this road.” J-Hope said and Jungkook nodded. Well, at that nighttime, the orchard filled with noises and flashlights.

With his fast-beating heart, Jungkook walked on the dark road.

Then something caught his eyes. It was her shoes. That moment he didn’t hesitate anymore.

“Hyewin!!!” He shouted out her name hoping she could hear.

Hyewin’s POV

I raised my head up I heard someone calling my name. I was in a pit, I guess. As I was walking, I fell into it and couldn’t get out so I sat down hopeless.

“I’m…I’m here!” I shouted back.

“Hyewin!! Where are you?!” I heard it again and I tried to recognize the voice. It was not Hope’s Oppa and I didn’t think that voice was familiar to me. Maybe, one of my classmate.

“I’m here!!! Help!!!” I shouted back jumping up but unfortunately I fell back down and hit my head on rock.

“Ouch!” I whined touching my forehead and realized it was blood.

“Hyewin!!!! Shout again and I know where you are.” That voice again. 

“I’m here!!!” I used all my voice to shout. Then my eyes light up in delight as I saw a flashlight.

“I’m in here!”

“Winwin…” That time, I could feel he was just beside the pit. But why with ‘Winwin’, no one beside my family and oppas called me with that name.

“Here in the pit!” I yelled with my hand on my aching head.

“Yes!” I jumped in joy as he pointed the flashlight to me. He was standing at the edge of the pit. I couldn’t see his face since it was dark.

“Winwin, are you ok?” He asked. Well, his voice, I loved it.

“Yes, come on help me out.” I said and he bent down to give me his hand. I quickly grabbed it and he pulled me up.

“Thanks” I said as soon as I was out of the pit.

“Ouch!” I said feeling pain on my forehead.

“You’re bleeding.” He said putting his phone down and took off his shirt to cover around my head. That time, my heart almost stopped beating when I saw his face clearly.

“Jung…Jungkook…?” I stuttered and he nodded. I cried out jumping into his arms. His hand patted my back gently.

“You…earlier…you speak…?” I finally was back to my sense. He then tried to avoid my eyes.

“You can speak, Jungkook!” I said feeling really shock with the fact that Jungkook actually spoke out.

“I’m sorry…” He mumbled and I didn’t even believe my own ears.

“Winwin! Oh, thank God!” J-Hope and Jin oppa ran in. I was still shock while staring into Jungkook’s eyes. He stared at me with pleading eyes with his hand on my injured head. But I didn’t have any chance to say anymore since I felt dizzy and everything became black.

“Winwin!”