Strike 1

Siblings and In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

 

“Hey Myungsoo-hyung…”

 

 

 

Myungsoo looked up at me at my call of his name. I am currently accompanying Myungsoo-hyung in his classroom since he says that he isn’t going to go home early today since he wants to finish the student council papers as soon as possible. Basically it means we are alone in this empty classroom right now, with all the other students going on their way home.

 

 

And being a nice lover that I am, I stayed behind and patiently waits for him to finish so we can go home together.

 

 

Being the president is hard hmm?

 

 

 

“What is it, Jongie?” He asked with a raised eyebrow and a serious face. He looks tired and impatient right now that I’m not sure anymore if I should ask him or not.

 

 

Should I?

 

 

 

“Uhm… It’s just that…” I swallowed a huge lump in my throat. “Do you not want it to be known that… Uhm… You know… That we’re dating?” There, I asked it. It has been bothering me for quite a while and it’s really making me insecure day by day.

 

 

He stared at me for a moment before putting on a dumb face.

 

 

 

“Eh? What is this all of a sudden?” He asked and looked at me like I just asked him the most unnatural question. I glared and pouted at him.

 

 

I slammed my hands on the desk he’s working on and that startled him a bit. And hurt myself a bit too. “Is it because we’re siblings even though we are not blood related?”

 

 

 

I stared at him in embarrassment, still waiting for an answer of course.

 

 

 

“Jongie…” He said my name ever so sweetly and softly, with a serious face on and not breaking eye contact. “The people who got married were your mom and my dad, so it has nothing to do with us. Even if we are dating, it shouldn’t matter. Isn’t that what I keep telling you over and over?”

 

 

 

“But…” I tried to reason out more, not wanting to give up this conversation for this relationship is very much important to me. And all I want is for him to acknowledge us, even in front of other people.

 

 

 

“No. Then, why…” My voice trembling. “Why don’t you talk about us?”

 

 

I noticed that Myungsoo-hyung has stiffen at that question and stared blankly at me for a second.

 

 

That must be a bad sign.

 

I’m just so unsure and so uncertain…

 

Wondering if Myungsoo-hyung is purposely not letting anyone know…

 

About this…

 

About us…

 

 

It felt like minutes has passed and he just remained silent on his seat while I stood uncomfortably in front of him.

 

 

 

“That’s…” He began. Ah, finally.

 

 

 

“Because no one’s ever asked me about it.” Huh?

 

 

 

“No one ever asked me about it, so obviously I have never talked about it.” He scratched his head, feeling kind of embarrassed, turning his gaze away from me for a second before bringing it back. “I didn’t know. Sorry.”

 

 

 

Eh…?

 

Because no one’s ever asked about it…?

 

What’s with that…?

 

Really…

 

 

 

“Pfft. That’s really something Myungsoo-hyung would say!” I forced a laugh and a smile as I reached out to pat him on his back. “Ahahahahaha I see! Of course!” I continued forcing a laugh even though I am close to crying. The insecurity within me is still there.

 

 

 

“Myungsoo-hyung is just that sort of person right…?” Myungsoo-hyung smiled at me, the rarest smile he does, as he too reached out to me to my head.

 

 

 

“You’re the one who’s exactly like yourself.” He said as his fingers run through my smooth hair. Hey, mind you, my hair is indeed soft.

 

 

 

“Eh? What does that mean? Are you making fun of me?” I pouted at him and pretended to sulk.

 

 

 

“No, it’s the opposite. I’m complimenting you.”

 

 

 

“HEY!!!!” A very loud voice has interrupted us, startling the both of us. We both turned to the direction to where the loud voice came from and it turns out that it’s just….

 

 

 

“Sungyeol-hyung?!” I shrieked. “Yah, when did you get here?”

 

 

 

“Sungyeol-hyung…” Myungsoo muttered his name like he wasn’t startled a few moments ago.

 

 

 

“Kekekeke…  Just now, Jong-ah~” Then he flashed that gummy smile of his. “Hey, you two give off such good vibes. Not to mention…” He turned to Myungsoo-hyung and smiled wider than ever.

 

 

 

“It’s been a while since I’ve seen Myungsoo make a smiling face like that.” Sungyeol-hyung teased with wiggling eyebrows resulting into Myungsoo-hyung death glaring at him while holding a book I didn’t know where he got from.

 

 

 

“Kekeke” Sungyeol-hyung giggled, totally unfazed by Myungsoo-hyung’s death threats.

 

 

 

“Hey, could it be that the two of you are dating?”

 

 

 

The question caught me off-guard that I almost choked from coughing.

 

 

He’s so direct!

 

As expected of Sungyeol-hyung!

 

 

Something rang in my head.

 

 

Oh wait.

 

Maybe this is finally the chance for us to make it known?

 

I wonder…

 

 

 

“No.” My eyes widened in surprise and turned my head as I heard Myungsoo-hyung reply to him. And it didn’t even took him a second to reply to that. Unlike with my questions for him moments ago.

 

 

Myungsoo-hyung…?

 

 

 

“That’s wrong, hyung. There’s no way that we’d be dating right?” He continued with a serious face. For a moment there, I was expecting him to suddenly burst into laughter and take back what he just said and tell Sungyeol-hyung that he was just kidding and then admits it.

 

 

But he didn’

Please log in to read the full chapter