Their Fortune

Siblings and In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

 

 

“Myungsoo hyung, let go? Someone will see, won’t they?” I tried pulling my hand away from his grasp, but he only tightened his hold more, and it started to hurt.

 

 

 

“I don’t care.” There were tons of people gathered in that room. Even though there were more people compared to a while ago that would notice, Myungsoo hyung really just wouldn’t let go of my hand, gripping it even harder in each passing minute.

 

 

What’s going on?

He already seemed strange when he came out to the terrace, so what exactly has happened?

 

 

When we entered the large room, some people spared us a glance, but didn’t seem to care that much.

 

 

They’re probably just thinking we’re siblings that get along well, like how I and Woohyun hyung do, but what will happen if everyone starts looking at us?

 

 

Nonetheless, Myungsoo hyung doesn’t seem to care about people looking, and just casually continued walking with his hand in mine.

 

 

Why is he doing this so proudly all of a sudden?

Things will get rough if other people find out.

 

 

 

“Hey, huh? What are you two doing together?” Myungsoo hyung came to a stop in front of the fortune teller, and so did I.

 

 

 

“Could we talk for a moment?” He asked the fortune teller, and she just looked at him, confused.

 

 

 

“Talk? Uh, why yes, of course. Should we go to the terrace then?” The woman smiled gently, before grabbing a glass of wine from a passing waiter and began to walk.

 

 

 

“Hyung, what’s going on? Why is she…?” Seriously, he is acting weird right now. And even dragging the fortune teller along?

 

 

 

“I want you to hear it too.” He replied and made me more confused. What does he want me to hear? “I’m sorry for making you walk back and forth, but let’s go back to the terrace.”

 

 

 

“O-okay…” I simply answered and just let him drag me along to the terrace.

 

 

 

Once we arrived back at the terrace, the fortune teller began inhaling and exhaling, as if enjoying the cold night air. “The wind feels good, doesn’t it? The heat is blasting in that room and all the windows are closed.” She almost started ranting out all her complaints, but realized that she isn’t in the position to do so right now, recalling that Myungsoo hyung wanted to talk with her. “Well then? What is it that you want to tell me?”

 

 

 

“I lied to you earlier.” Myungsoo hyung bowed his head deeply after he spoke to the woman, then locked eyes with her. “There is someone I love. That’s…” He looked like he had decided that he was going to tell her that that person is me. I gasped in realization.

 

 

 

“H-hyung!” I tugged on his hand hard, trying to snap him out of his newly found determination. “Sorry, this hyung of mine likes to kid around!”

 

 

 

“Sungjongie, it’s alright.” I was trying to make up excuses and lie, but Myungsoo hyung just placed his hands on my shoulders to stop me.

 

 

 

“Hyung, why?”

 

 

 

“I have chosen Sungjong here as the person I want to spend my life with. I have yet to tell our parents and our other hyungs about this relationship, though. But I intend to admit it to them.” Myungsoo hyung spoke his declarations strongly as his hand found mine again and intertwined our fingers this time.

 

 

 

“You both have chosen a very tough road, haven’t you? Are you saying you intend to stick to it until the end?”

 

 

 

“Yes. I’ve said this before, it was my father and his mother that got married therefore it has nothing to do with us. We’re not related by blood, so I am fully aware that I’m not supposed to love my younger step brother.”

 

 

 

“Sungjong-ah, are you prepared for this as well? Perhaps you don’t want to admit it anymore?” The fortune teller then turned to me and asked.

 

 

 

“Even if I don’t want to, he is the only person that I love. So no matter how severe the situation, or how difficult things are, I won’t give up.” Those were my true feelings.

 

 

I couldn’t give up because my feelings weren’t something that would disappear easily.

 

 

After the woman heard what we had to say, she smiled widely. “If you two are together, you will surely get through any difficulties.”

 

 

 

“I will tell our parents and our hyungs when the time comes. They will probably be against it, but-”

 

 

 

“You won’t let go of loving Sungjong, will you?” The fortune teller continued for Myungsoo hyung and I can’t help but feel elated and then cry.

 

 

 

“Yes, even though I have concealed my love for Sungjong, I don’t intend to give it up. No matter what happens, I will try to protect Sungjong.”

 

 

 

“Myungsoo hyung…”

 

 

 

“Protecting Sungjong” He continued, “I will do it because he has endured so much.” His words almost completely brought me to tears. The fact that he was thinking of me, well I know he does, but this was the only time I had witnessed him admit to it so clearly in front of someone else.

 

 

 

“If you don’t forget how you both feel right now, you two will be very happy.” The fortune teller told us, with a much bigger smile than moments ago.

 

 

 

“Is that our fortune?” Myungsoo hyung asked.

 

 

 

“Well, what do you think? If you want to hear the details, shall I tell you your fortune?”

 

 

 

“No, we don’t need our fortune be told. Even if the future is clear for us, I want to leave our fate in our own hands.” When the woman heard what he said, she smiled, though her face looks surprised.

 

 

 

“You’re right. The two of you don’t need your fortune. The way forward is clear. However, in order to connect your love more deeply, drink this.” The fortune teller passed a strange vial of blue liquid to Myungsoo hyung.

 

 

 

“This is?” Myungsoo hyung suspiciously examined it.

 

 

 

“I said it is something to deepen your love.”

 

 

Something to deepen our love, huh?

So, are fortunes passed through drinks now?

 

 

I used to hear that they were something like a means to increase happiness, but this was my first time seeing a drink like it.

 

 

 

“So, is it a spell or something?” I heard my brother asking another question.

 

 

 

“It is. It’s particularly effective, so I recommend it.” The woman spoke with hidden meaning before she headed back towards the main room.

 

 

 

The bottle is suspicious, but I don’t think she’d give us anything bad.

It’s probably alright, then?

Please log in to read the full chapter