007

Hollowed Bodies
 
007
"I'm looking forward to the next chapters!" NO. Do not look forward to them. Fear them. Fear me.

Jaejoong was pulled out of his slumber at the sound of breathing. He cracked his eyes open, and was met with someone standing over him. He jumped out of bed, letting out an involuntary squeak and backed away. This caused Yunho to jolt awake, and grabbed the lamp, ready to aim at the zombie.

 

The figure squealed and backed up. Jaejoong instantly recognized the voice. "JinHee?" Yunho relaxed a little, and squinted his eyes to see better. It was in fact JinHee. The little girl nodded. "What are you doing up so late? What's wrong?" A low thunder rumbled outside. The girl never told Jaejoong if she was scared of rain storms. "Are you scared?"

 

JinHee nodded once again, squeezing her hands together. Jaejoong looked over at Yunho, as if to ask him if she could sleep between them. Yunho sighed and scooted to the edge of the bed. Jaejoong did the same, and JinHee crawled over him to the middle of the bed, snuggling on Jaejoong.

 

However, Jaejoong was not able to go back to sleep. The sound of soft snoring and breathing, combined with the occasional thunder kept him awake. Jaejoong glanced at the clock.

 

6:54

 

His stomach rumbled, as if on cue, and he sighed. The bed was warm, and cozy. Urging him to stay, with promises of cuddles and a soft bed. It might be the last one he might ever sleep on. Jaejoong turned over, so he could see JinHee and Yunho. JinHee was rather close to him, but Yunho was close to her, snuggling her close.

 

Jaejoong smiled at the sight. He would make a wonderful dad. He might need to be, actually. Uncertainty lingered in Jaejoong's heart, prying him with questions like "What's safe for JinHee?" and "How much room should I give her?" He still hasn't answered a question since he saved her: "Should she know about zombies?"

 

Something was itching at the back of his head. She should know, but to an extent. Right now, he's her legal guardian--but the law has been thrown out, so it didn't matter if he took care of her, or Yunho, or Yoochun, or Junsu, or even Changmin.

 

His stomach rumbled again, interrupting his thoughts, and Jaejoong groaned inwardly, not wanting to wake the adorable sleeping pair. As carefully as he could, he eased out of bed, and sneaked out of the room. As he closed the bedroom door, it squeaked, ever so lightly, and he had to hold his breathe, waiting for any signs of waking.

 

The clock ticked. Yoochun snored. Junsu scratched his skin. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the bathroom light turn on in the bathroom. But the sleeping pair did not wake.

 

Jaejoong relaxed, and closed the door with a small click. He went into the kitchen, readying himself to cook the biggest breakfast he could. He was heating up the oven for soup and eggs when Changmin came finally came out of the bathroom. He inched up behind him, looking over his shoulder for full minute. "Cooking breakfast already?"

 

Jaejoong nodded, trying to keep the noise making to a minimal. Changmin decided to help, taking out bowls and spoon. He was setting the table when Junsu poked his head up. "Breakfast?" He yawned. "This early?"

 

"Don't worry. I'll make enough food, so you better eat."

 

"I'll eat." Changmin smiled and Jaejoong, who rolled his eyes and continued cooking. Of course, Changmin would eat anything he cooks.

 

Junsu rolled over, and stretched his body longways, then forgetting Yoochun who was slept next to him, sideways. Whacked him straight across the face, causing Yoochun to jolt awake. He cursed, and darted glared at Junsu before turning around, grabbing as much of the blanket as possible in spite, and going back to sleep.

 

Junsu nudged him, not even bothering to apologize. "Yoochun, wake up. Help Jaejoong make some breakfast."

 

Yoochun groaned in response, burying himself in blankets further. "It's okay, I can handle it. Here, Changmin. Stir the soup." Jaejoong handed the ladle to Changmin, who gladly took it. His bare toes wiggled at the cold kitchen tiles.

 

Junsu groaned as he stood and stretched. "Got the rice going yet?"

 

Jaejoong cursed, and turned around. He took out the rice maker, but not the rice. "I'll…" Junsu yawned again. "Get it."

 

Changmin danced his feet, attempting to keep them off the cold floor for more than five seconds. "Yunho still asleep?"

 

Jaejoong nodded. "As is JinHee." He smiled a little, remembering the sight. "You should see them, they're adorable." Changmin left the pot to see. He came back, his shoulder scrunched up with a grin on his face. Junsu turned just in time to see it, and also went to see the sight.

 

He hopped back, and rummaged through his bag, smile on his face. When his hands produced a camera, Changmin and Jaejoong broke into grins and followed Junsu into the room.

 

JinHee was now her thumb, her other arm gently griping Yunho's arm. The click of the picture being taken stirred her, but she didn't wake.

 

The trio snuck out before the sleeping pair could move again. Yoochun was sprawled across the pull out bed, blankets half covering his torso. "You awake, Yoochun?"

 

Yoochun grunted in response, and lifted his head to greet acknowledge them. "My leg woke me up." His hand reached down and scratched beside the injury. "I have this slight throbbing pain."

 

"Did it fall asleep?"

 

"I didn't say it felt tingly."

 

"Maybe it's infected?" Everyone looked at each other. In a world now filled with lawlessness and zombies, going out with an infection was pathetic. Without speaking, Junsu and Changmin hoisted Yoochun up and dragged him to the bathroom.

 

Yunho came out of the bedroom a few minutes later, adorably groggy and unable to keep his eyes open for more than 10 seconds. He headed straight into Jaejoong, and mumbled a good morning in his ear as he wrapped his arms around the other's waist.

 

The warmth from Yunho's recently awoken body comforted Jaejoong. He just wanted to stay like that forever, in his arms. No zombies, no JinHee, no split. To just go back in time and relish in Yunho's attention to him. And they wouldn't split. They would stay together, with breakfast together every morning. Just like this morning.

 

Jaejoong sighed and leaned into the back hug. Yunho kissed his neck before resting his chin on his shoulder. "JinHee is still asleep. Practically kicked me off." Yunho smiled a little to himself.

 

His arms were low enough on his waist that Jaejoong didn't feel restricted as he continued to chop the food.  Muffled shouts of pain came from the bathroom, but neither moved, though there was the occasional glance. They both yearned for the familiar warmth of each other, wanting to keep it for as long as possible.

 

Yunho spoke up again, just as Jaejoong tossed the chopped foods into the frying pan. "I think, for JinHee's safety, we should get a dog." He waited patiently while Jaejoong thought about it. He had paused for only a fraction of a second before continuing to cook.

 

"It would be nice. Maybe an older one. Labrador?"

 

Yunho smiled. "I expected you to disagree." He kissed the other's neck again. "Labradors make good pets for small children. Or so I've heard. Wish you hadn't gotten rid of your previous dog."

 

"Or cat."

 

"Bet Junsu gave you hell for that one."

 

Jaejoong burst out laughing. Once he realized his loud volume, he covered his mouth and reduced himself to giggling. Yunho was grinning, excited to see Jaejoong enjoying himself. He squeezed the other a little, and gave another kiss on his neck. "If we find one along the way, and if the dog is good to JinHee, we should keep it."

 

Yunho nodded, giving another kiss on his neck. "We need to talk it over with the rest of the group first."

 

"Good news everyone!" Changmin entered the room, Yoochun draped over his shoulders. "Yoochun doesn't have an infection!"

 

The coupled pair turned in sync to scold Changmin. "Shhh!"

 

"JinHee's still sleeping." Jaejoong whispered. Yunho left his backside to help Changmin put Yoochun on a dining chair.

 

"Well, sorry." Changmin rolled his eyes.

 

"Anyways, we need to get out of the city, fast, before we're overcome with Soulless. Seoul is quickly becoming a death trap." Jaejoong agreed with Yoochun's words, silently handing plates of food to Yunho for him to set up.

 

"When do you think we should leave?" Yunho asked, placing the plates and food items given to him around the table.

 

Junsu interjected, "As soon as Yoochun is able."

 

"I'm able to leave right now. Though I might be a little slow with the crutches."

 

"I want to be gone by noon." Jaejoong filled more plates of food to hand to Yunho, then started packing any food he can find for the road. "Someone go wake up JinHee--carefully."

 

Yunho disappeared behind the master bedroom. Silence rose as they gathered around the table, possibly for their last full meal. The table was somber while Yunho was waking up the child, everyone lost in their own thoughts.

 

The door opened up a few minutes later, JinHee carried by Yunho on his hip. She rubbed her eyes, and when she noticed everyone staring at her, she smiled. "Good morning, everyone!"

 

Although it wasn't enough to lift the mood, everyone still tried their best. For JinHee. They all greeted her back as she was set on her chair. "JinHee," Jaejoong began, unsure how to tell her. "We're going to be leaving the house soon. Is there anything you want to keep?"

 

She thought for a while, nibbling on her spoon occasionally. "Mr. Brown! Mom gave it to me!"

 

"Mr. Brown?"

 

JinHee nodded, smiling. "My teddy bear."

 

There was a short pause. "We'll see if we can find it before we leave." Jaejoong glanced at Yunho. "Me and Yunho decided that if we happened across a dog, we should keep it. For JinHee's sake."

 

Instantly there was an eruption of protesting. A dog is too much care, they said. A dog is too stupid, they said. A dog takes too much food that we won't have, they said. A dog can turn on you at any moment, they said. It was through these protests that Yunho had realised how stupid the idea was. "Alright." The protests had died just as soon as they came. "You three are right. No dog."

 

JinHee's lip trembled, eyes watering. She looked at everyone, and soon the tears blurred her vision and fell down her face. She took a deep breath, and let out a wail.

 

Changmin's chopsticks clattered against the floor as his hands flew to cover his ears. "Look at what you did!" He tried shouting over the screaming, but it didn't work. Jaejoong rushed to her side to comfort her, and not long after, the bangings on the windows and doors were threatened to break.

 

They sat there, watching. Hearts beating in their chests as they waited for the zombies to calm down. But JinHee refused to calm down.

 

Then a window broke. The collective sounds of a horde growls and moans breached the walls.

 

The group jumped up in a frenzy. Yunho shouted orders for them to gather the bags. JinHee was now crying not because she won't be getting a dog, but because now soulless were going to get them. Jaejoong picked her up, and they ran around the house, trying to get everything. She was handed a container of food and a water bottle. Through the shouting and of the horde, she was told "Do not let go for anything."

 

Another window broke, and the sounds grew louder.

 

Confusion arose about the exit. Everyone was shouting over everyone. Jaejoong finally shouted loud enough, "My window has a fire escape!"

 

Silence.

 

As if taking advantage of it, nearby a horrible, gut-wrenching shriek reached their ears. Slowly, more joined in chorus, until the ones by the window shrieked.

 

The force returned greater this time. The door was not going to hold.

 

Yoochun thought he might piss himself.

 

The group rushed to the window with the fire escape. Yunho went first, then JinHee, then Jaejoong. Just as Changmin climbed out, a loud thud came crashing to the ground, and more noise emitted from it as many footsteps ran over it.

 

Changmin and Yunho dragged Yoochun through the window, with Junsu helping on the other side.

 

But they were too slow.

 

The door was open.

 

Junsu was dragged into the horde. 

A/N: 1. SO, how many of you hate me yet?

2. Who to blame, who to blame? Who do you think should be blamed, if anyone at all? Tell me your reactions, I like reading comments :)

3. Anyone having trouble imaging that scream, it's from the banshee scream from Kings Island/Mass Effect 3