002

Hollowed Bodies
 
002
How would the five react to spontaneously meeting each other?
Yunho took two long strides, and yanked Jaejoong into a hug. Oh, how he missed the warmth Yunho's hugs had. It always had that special, comforting something that Jaejoong could never quite put his finger on. He forgot how it felt.

 

Changmin barged in on their hug, attaching himself to Jaejoong's side.

 

When Jaejoong broke free, showing Yunho's now tear-stained shirt, the backup dancers were gone. Jaejoong lifted the edge of his shirt attempting to dry his face. “We don't have much time. We need to leave, right now.”

 

Changmin frowned. “You just got here.”

 

“No, all of us. All five. We need to leave.”

 

Yunho furrowed his eyebrows, his hands still in Jaejoong. “Why? What happened?”

 

“Trust me, you don't want to know. You'll laugh in my face.” Jaejoong grabbed Yunho's and Changmin's hand. “Just get your stuff, and let's leave.” He tugged their hands, but Yunho slipped his hand out.

 

“Jaejoong, we're practicing.”

 

Jaejoong tugged again. “Please, trust me. I don't want to lose you.” He said with a lump in his throat.

 

The duo glanced at each other before Changmin sighed. “Where are we going, Jaejoong?”

 

“Away from the city.”

 

Yunho huffed, and leaned on his hip. “Why?”

 

“Because it's about to become a hellhole, and I don't want any of us here when it does.”

 

“When? What are you talking about?”

 

Jaejoong finally dropped their hands. He pushed his hair out of his face, and sighed. “Promise you won't laugh?” The two nodded, but he continued to stare until they vocally agreed. Jaejoong took a deep breath. “Zombies.”

 

Changmin in a breath, staring at the shorter one for a moment before quickly covering his mouth and turning around. Yunho was less responsive but the reaction was still the same. “Why did you really come here?” Yunho said after he composed himself. Jaejoong didn't reply, causing Yunho to frown. “You can't be serious.”

 

“Why else would I come here?”

 

The three stared at each other until Junsu burst through the door. “A helicopter passed by 2 minutes ago, and just now 2 ambulances. The fans just went home. We need to go while we still can.”

 

Yunho placed his hands on his hip, giving a little stomp. “Both of you are here?”

 

“Yoochun, too.” Junsu chimed in.

 

“Yunho, please, we need to go. I'm trying to save your life.” Jaejoong pleaded.

 

Yunho crossed his arms. “You should of tried that after I went with my mother.”

 

Jaejoong's eyes hardened and he closed his lips, realising where Yunho was headed with the conversation. “You can't possibly bring that up now.” Yunho stayed silent, and the other two stared between the old couple. Jaejoong sighed, and backed towards the door. He looked at Changmin. “Are you coming with us or do you still choose Yunho again?”

 

Changmin's eyes widened. He didn't want to be caught in the crossfire. Not again. Jaejoong's eyes weren't joking, and looking at Junsu wasn't any help either. The guy was staring at the floor. Changmin turned to Yunho, eyes pleading. The leader never glanced his way, eyes set on staring at Jaejoong. “We're coming.”

 

Changmin turned and grabbed their bags before grabbing Yunho's arm and dragging him towards the door. “Let me go!”

 

“You don't get to make the decisions anymore.”

 

“I'm older! I'm the leader! You listen to me.”

 

Changmin halted, and forced himself in Yunho's personal bubble, and shoved his bag on his chest. “I said, you don't get to make the decisions anymore.”

 

Yoochun was standing with crutches now, looking out the windows and watching as people walked by. Three bags lay by his chair. “They have no idea what's about to happen.”

 

Jaejoong picked up two of the bags, both filled with cans and dry food. “This all we can get?”

 

Yoochun turned around, glancing at Yunho and Changmin with a scowl on his face before turning his attention to Jaejoong. “We could always just head to the nearest apartment or house and loot it.”

 

“We're not robbers.” Yunho crossed his arms. It seemed like that's all he was doing. Crossing his arms and disagreeing.

 

Junsu picked up the medicine bag. “Not yet, anyways.”

 

Silence surrounded them as they stared at each other. It finally sunk in to Yunho and Changmin that it really was happening. Then the screams happened.

 

Jaejoong and Junsu ran out the door. Police cars zoomed towards the way the trio came. “They're here...” Yoochun mumbled eerily.

 

“Let's take my car.” Changmin headed to the elevator.

 

Jaejoong slung one of the bags over his shoulder. “Does it have gas?”

 

“Filled it up just yesterday.”

 

“Then we're going to my house.”

 

A block later they hit traffic trying to leave the city. Jaejoong cursed. “This is exactly what I was trying to avoid.”

 

“We still don't know what happened.”

 

“You know exactly what happened, Yunho. You're a lot of things,–”

 

“An , being one of them.”

 

Jaejoong sighed, holding in the urge to slap the other. “Shut up, Changmin. You're a lot of things Yunho, but not stupid.” It wasn't a moment later that one of the things slammed itself against one of the cars in front of them. Quickly following was another ten or so. “! Turn around!”

 

“I can't! There's another car behind us!”

 

“!” Junsu clutched his seat belt, now breathing heavily. More screams from farther up the traffic jam and a few people ran past them.

 

Jaejoong got out of the car first, and stood on his tip-toes to peek over. “Oh, !”

 

“What?”

 

Jaejoong didn't respond immediately, first grabbing Yoochun's crutches and forcing him out of the car. “There's a pack up ahead!”

 

Yunho and Changmin got out. “I can't see anything!”

 

“Doesn't matter. We're not going to make it another inch.” Jaejoong handed Yoochun's crutches and began leading them away from the pack.

 

“Junsu! Come on!” Changmin shook Junsu, but he shook his head, clutching tighter to the seat belt.

 

“I'm not leaving.”

 

“Hurry up, guys!” Jaejoong called out.

 

“Oh yes you are!” Changmin leaned over, unbuckling Junsu's seat belt for him before dragging him out and shoving him forward.

 

“Guys, wait up!” Yoochun had fallen behind, taking a painfully slow time.

 

Yunho sighed. “Changmin, grab the crutches. You're in the back, make sure they don't get to us. Yoochun, put your arms around my neck.”

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

Yoochun sighed, and did as he was told as Changmin took his crutches. Yunho picked him up bridal style, and turned to Jaejoong, who now had one of the crutches. He didn't question it. “Go.”

 

Jaejoong led the front of the group, whacking whatever zombie came at him. Most thought he would jump out of skin and stay behind Yunho at a time like this, whimpering like a little girl. Yunho was proud to say only part of that was true. Once Jaejoong got over the scariness of the entire situation, he was bashing zombie skulls left and right.

 

All around them, people screamed and ran in various directions. Some covered in blood, some with baseball bats and crowbars. Basic melee weapons. It was a mess, really. People looting dead bodies, raiding homes and shops. Cars and stores beeping with no one to stop them. “We need to hurry! There's a few following us.” Changmin shouted from behind.

 

It took half an hour to make it to Jaejoong's new neighbourhood.  Jaejoong ran up the outside stairs and to his front door. He inserted the key, but a wailing sound prevented him from opening the door. He shushed them.

 

“What?” Yunho placed Yoochun on the floor, listening. It was a little girl, crying.

 

“I recognize her...” Jaejoong ran around the corner, pure fear shown on his face. The door and window were broken open, and a trail of blood leading inside. “JinHee?” He stepped over the door, following the trail. It led him into the bedroom.

 

Trying to claw it's way inside the closet were two zombie, which Jaejoong promptly whacked upside the head and stuck the head of the crutch inside it's eye socket. The other one made it's way to wards him. Jaejoong had to back up a bit, and forced the zombie to the floor with a swift hit. When he opened the door, he saw the kid in a fetal position on the floor, with snot and tears trailing down her face.

 

Jaejoong came back with a little girl in his arms. He slammed the door shut behind him with a solemn face. “She said her mother went to the grocery store.” He whispered as he locked the door behind.

 

Junsu gasped, and ran up to hug him. “Oh, Jaejoong...” Junsu held on to his face. Jaejoong pressed his lips together, tears coming down his face. Yoochun sighed, and leaned on the hand rest of the sofa.

 

Jaejoong still held her, cradling her and her hair. “And her father?” Changmin took Jaejoong's crutch and placed both of them next to Yoochun.

 

Jaejoong never answered, instead holding her as he wiped her face, and still held her as he gave her some milk in a plastic kids cup.

 

Changmin pointed to the cup. “Why do you have that?”

 

Jaejoong looked up to see Changmin and Yoochun staring at him. “She comes over sometimes,” was all he said, setting her on the counter. It was quiet while everyone watched her for a moment. The moment Jaejoong stepped away, she started crying again.

 

“No, no, no. Don't cry, I'm right here.” Jaejoong sighed, and placed her back on his hip. He looked up to see the stares have evolved to even stranger looks. “Why's everyone standing around? We need to get ready to leave.”

 

Junsu took a seat next to Yoochun. “Why would we want to do that?”

 

Yoochun rolled his eyes. “Seoul is home to over 10 million people. will go down, and fast. We'll likely be dead before the zombies fully take over.”

 

Jaejoong nodded as he talked. “Exactly. I should have enough bags in my closet.” He went into his bedroom with JinHee on still attached to his hip. She was quiet, with the exception of a sniffle or two, while Jaejoong tossed out bags upon bags from his closet.

 

Everyone looked at Yunho, who simply picked up one of the bags and filled it with various things. The rest of the members took the hint and filled the rest of the bags with items from the house.

 

Jaejoong came back out of the bedroom with one last bag, and handed JinHee to Yoochun. “I'm going to get her things from the neighbours.”

 

“I'll come with you.” Yunho automatically said. He grabbed the crutches, and handed one to Jaejoong before the other opened the door.

 

Jaejoong took the crutch, but still stared at him. “Why would you want to come with me?”

 

Yunho sighed, and glanced around the hall. “I just need some fresh air.”

 

It was still a mess outside, and worse with the zombies roaming the streets. The two crouched, and tip-toed their way around the outside wall, only to be met with a zombie blocking the door. It stood there, staring at the empty house.

 

Yunho stood up, and walked straight up to it. He smashed the body against the wall, and slapped it's head until it stopped moving. When he were sure the zombie was dead, Yunho smashed it a few more times, with such a force that Jaejoong could only stare at. He got the idea he was mad but didn't quite know what he was mad about.

 

Yunho stared at the body for a long moment panting, before wiping the blood from his face. He stepped over to continue into the house.

 

Jaejoong pointed down the hall as he took off the bag from his shoulders. “You get the clothes, I'll get her toys and food. Her bedroom's just across the master bedroom.” Yunho nodded, heading in the direction.

 

He found the bedroom without a problem. The room looked like a typical kid's room: Scattered with toys and stuffed animals, a half-drank milk cup on the night stand, and the bed unmade yet covered with even more toys.

 

Yunho opened the top drawer of the dresser. The first thing he pulled out was a pink, frilly dress. She's not going to need that anytime soon. So he placed it on the bed, and dug around for more practical clothes.

 

Jaejoong came in a few minutes later, with a pack of bottled water, and multiple plastic bags in his hands. Yunho sighed. “Those are not ours.”

 

“If we don't take it, someone else will.”

 

“What if her mother comes back?” Jaejoong sighed. “Jaejoong, we're–”

 

“She didn't go to the grocery store. She became one of those things. A...a zombie.” Yunho stared, his mouth hanging wide open. “Ready?”

 

“Sorry. Ready. Did JinHee–?”

 

“No.” Jaejoong refused to look at Yunho, and walked out the door.

 

When Jaejoong entered his house, JinHee was the first to run up and hug him. “She wouldn't stop crying.” Yoochun groaned, rubbing his temples.

 

Jaejoong picked her up once he set the new things down and placed her on his hip again. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck. “I was only gone ten minutes.”

 

“That's 10 minutes and 50 seconds too late.” Yoochun shifted his body in a more comfortable position.

 

“She cried that early?” Jaejoong fixed her hair, taking her bangs out of her eyes.

 

“Yep. She wouldn’t let anyone touch her. Just sat on the floor, and cried.” Junsu stretched out his arms.

 

Jaejoong sighed and continued to stare at JinHee, as she her thumb and stared back. Jaejoong picked up a suitcase, and went around the house, packing things with her on his hip. “I can't leave her again. Someone will have to get the rest of the things from her house.”

 

“Me and Changmin will go.” Everyone stared at Yunho as the leader started grabbing bags, including Changmin.

 

“Didn't I say no more decisions?”

 

Yunho ignored the other, continuing to grab bags. “I'm fine. We can do this.”

 

Changmin groaned and grabbed one of the crutches. “I hate those things. They're creepy looking, with their bloodthirsty eyes.”

 

Junsu shorted. “You're not the only one.”

 

“We're leaving now.” Yunho glanced behind for a moment and opened the door. He turned back to the front to see zombies staring right at him, sniffing. Three of them.

A/N: I almost forgot I had a story on aff. Anyways, I decided to update weekly on fridays