Should Be

My Rerun

“Sunny, this is your last.Think wisely before making any move.” Han said with his worried eyes.

 “I know. And I’m ready, Han.”

“Well then, please do take care.”

I nodded and stepped on the portal which will bring me bact to the past.

 

*deep sigh*

This is it Sunny. You must do what is right. It is now or never.

When I looked at y wrist watch, it’s already 3:00 in the afternoon, the exact time when I got to this place before.

I opened the door of Xiumin’s condo unit and enter. I went straight to the living area. And there, I saw them kissing. My boyfiend Xiumin and his best friend Shane are kissing in front of me.

Aaah! I know this will happen! I already knew. I even prepared myself to see this scene! But my tears betrayed me they kept on streaming down from my eyes. Even I already know now that Shane is the one who initiated the kiss, even I already know now how the scene got to this point, it’s still torture in my part.

 “What’s going on here?!” I shouted in anger while wipping my tears away. Good acting Sunny, that’s what you did before and that’s what you shoud do again.

Psh. Acting? If it was really just an act. If I was really pretending that I am hurt. If it was not really because of pain that my tears are falling right now. If it was not really because of hurt that my heart is shattering into pieces now. But it’s not son of giant baozi, it’s not! The hurt I am feeling now is real! And I hate it.

 “Baby, let me explain.” Xiumin said and walked toward me while wearing his worried face and those eyes that telling me he didn’t do anything to betray me and that I am the only woman he loves.Why? Why didn’t I see it before? Why it have to be just now? Why am I so stupid to realized it too late?

*pak*

“How dare you? How dare you to kiss YOUR BEST FRIEND! Your best friend who is actually MY BOYFRIEND! How can you do this to me, Shane?! To me, who is YOUR COUSIN!”I managed to shout on Shane’s face after I slapped her hard.

“Sunny... *sob*” That’s the only thing she said, uttering my name while sobbing, as she was holding her red cheek because of what I have done.

 “Baby, it’s not what you think.”

“Don’t call me baby! It’s not what I think? So what are you going to say? That you were just playing when I actually saw you two kissing? *sob* How can you do this to me, Kim Minseok? *sob* I loved you so much. *sob* Is it still not enough for you? *sob* I gave you everything. I became a good girlfriend. *sob* Xiumin, why? Why did you hurt me like this? *sob* Am I not enough for you?”

 

Sorry Xiumin. Sorry...

 

“Sunkyu...” He was about to hugged me but I managed to step backward so he won’t touch me. It hurts. It really hurts that it’s killing me. I don’t want to do this but I have to. I don’t want to say those words to him but I have to. I have to.

“You said you love me. You said it’s only me. You said it is us until the end. *sob* But what is this? Why it has to be like this? *sob* I love you Xumin, but you betrayed me! What wrong have I done to you to hurt me like this? *sob* I’m a big stupid to believe you! *sob* I trusted you, Xiumin. I love you with all my being, and this? *sob* this is what I get for loving you? *sob* I don’t want this relationship anymore!” I harshly wiped my tear then I walked out. Xiumin followed me immediately.

Xiumin, he’s crying while I was saying those words to him. I know, I know he was also hurting. We are both hurting.

Xiumin, if only I could tell you to don’t follow me. If only I could hug you and let you feel that I love you very much. If only I could ease the pain in your heart because of my words. But I couldn’t. I should not to. Sorry Xiumin, please forgive me. This is my fault but I can’t do anything.

I immediately went inside my car and drove it. I suddenly noticed a black car following me. It was Xiumin’s car and obviously he was in it.

After a while, he manages to over take my car and blocked my way which caused me to step on the break pedal.

I took a deep sigh before stepping out of my car.

“Sunny, please listen to me.” He pleaded. Oh please Xiumin, don’t make it harder for me.

“Listen to you? For what? I don’t want to listen to of your lies anymore. Just go back! Go back to your Shane!” I shouted at him again, trying to prevent my tears to roll down. But he grabbed my arms all of a sudden.

 “Xiumin, let me go!” I’m trying to escape from his grasp.

“I won’t. Sorry baby but we really need to talk.” He said while dragging me inside his car.

“Sunny, you know i love you. Please, listen to me.” I can clearly see the pain in his eyes. He’s still crying. Xiumin, I’m sorry.

“I don’t want to hear any lies from you anymore.”

“Sunny, you’re the only girl that I love and will love. You’re the only girl I want to be beside me in front of the altar. You’re the only girl I want to have a family with and be with me forever.  What you saw was just a misunderstanding.” He said while holding my hands and looking straight to my eyes. Tears keep on falling from his eyes. I can see his sincerity.

 

Why did my mind be so closed before? Why did I let myself be blinded by my anger and jealousy? Why did I let myself be deceived in the thought that Xiumin betrayed me? Why?

 

I was just looking in his eyes. I want to hug him to ease his pain but I can’t. I want to kiss him for him to know that I love him but I can’t.

“Don’t you trust me?” he asked.

That’s it. I have to do this.

I looked away from him after he asked that question. Can I make it? Will I be able to do this even though I where is this heading to? But I have to. This is the right thing to do.

“I don’t know!” I shouted and run as fast as I could out and far from his car.

 

*peeeeeeeep*

 

“Sunny!!!” I heard him shouted. After that, I just found myself in the side of the road, my face almost reaching the ground, because of the force of Xiumin’s push to me.

It happened. What should be done already happened.

 

I walked slowly to the middle of the road and the tears and pain I was containing started to escape.

 

“Xiumin!!!!” I cried as I’m hugging his lifeless body crimsoned with his own blood.

 This is what happened a year ago. He died and left me.

Sorry Xiumin, I’m really sorry. just need to put things in their places. :(

********

 

A bright light met me when I open my eyes.

O_O

Where am I this this?

I can’t see anything but white and gold. This is weird and… creepy.

Suddenly, I saw a guy with his white pants and white long-sleeves shirt.He was drawing closer to me but I can’t recognize him yet. But why did I have this feeling that I know him?

“X-Xiumin?” I whispered when I clearly saw his face.

 “Sunny, thank you.” He said as he coped me into his arms. I hugged him back and cried. I can’t help it.

“Xiumin, sorry. Sorry you died because of me.  *sob* If only I listened to you before. *sob* If only I didn’t let my emotion to overcome me. *sob* Sorry if I didn’t *sob* trust you that time. *sob* Sorry Xiumin. Please forgive me.”

“Ssshhh... you don’t need to be sorry Sunny.”

“But it is my fault! *sob* I should be the one who died!”

He immediately let go of the hug and snap my forehead.

“There you are again. Don’t blame yourself, Sunny. I was destined to live not that long. That was HIS will for me. Do you think we should contradict HIS will?” He said and smile.

His smile. His cute baozi smile. I will definitely miss it!

“Kim Minseok, Saranghae.”

“Nado Saranghae, Lee Sunkyu. And thank you, thank you for letting me go. Thank you for accepting the truth that I can’t be with you anymore, well at least physically.”

Letting him go? Did I really letting him go? Well, I guess, I am. Because now, finally, I accepted to myself that he was really gone. I must move on and take this journey without him.

“Sunny, I want you to open your heart now for others. Don’t trap yourself in loving me. I want you to be happy.”

I just nodded and smiled at him. We then shared our last kiss before he slowly walked toward a huge door with golde lining and bright light coming from it.

And the next thing I know, I’m again here at the garden-slash-paradise where Han and I once went.

“So you’re here” I heard a voice said and I surely know who’s the owner of such angelic voice.

 “Han!” I cheerfully called him out. I felt light as it all my burdens were finally lifted from my heart. Maybe because I know, finally, I’ve done the right thing.

“You must go back now to where you really belong, Sunny.” Han suddenly said with sadness which caused my wide smile to vanish.

“Ah… yeah.” That’s the only thing I could say before looking away from him. He’s right. The three chances are over. I guess I don’t have any reason now to still stay here.

But Han. I don’t want to leave him. I know he will be sad wondering here alone.

 “You better go now.” He said and then assisted me toward a lily pad. Just when my toe touched it, it suddenly illuminated. Eh?

“Sunny, do you want to know who’s my princess is?” He asked.

“You already knew her?” I asked him, a bit excited. A bit excited because it seemed like there was something deep inside me that was jealous because he already knew the girl for her.

Wait?! Jealous? Erase erase! I was just kidding. Yeah, it was just a joke. Psh. -__-

“Uh… Yes. I knew who she is evesince.”

“I w-want to know her.” I said trying to flash a smile. Do I really want to know her?

But as his friend, I need to fully support him. Afterall, he had done so much for me. He’s always there to comfort me when I’m sad, to be a shoulder to lean on when I feel like crying, and to make me smile when I thought I don’t have any reason to do so.

I was startled when without any word, he transformed into a human but still with his mask. I guess I won’t be able to see his face until I leave this place.

 “Here she is.” He said as he handed me the book where he actually came from. Eh? How come? This is where we also hopped in, right? Uh! Never mind.

When I looked on the opened part of the book, I saw a portrait of a girl. Because of that, I looked at Han to ask him but I was shocked to see that he already took off his mask.

O_O

“Sorry if I didn’t tell you at first. I was actually contented and happy just to see you happy. Bye, Sunny.” He bid  me his goodbye before kissing me on my right cheek.

 “Bye now Sunny, I- i love you” Then he walked away.

I was about to say something but the portal was already absorbing my body. I have so many things to ask him. Question like…

‘Why didn’t he tell me that he was the one who was interfering to help me?’

Remember that guy after I’ve used the comfort room? How about the guy outside Xiumin’s condo unit? Yeah, he was actually Han.

At the biggest question mark in my mind, why didn’t he tell me and how did it happen that…

I AM THE PRINCESS IN THE BOOK???

********

 

“Oh my Gee. Thank GOD! Finally you’re awake!” a familiar voice of a gilr met my consciousness as I open my eyes.

 “Yoona?” I called her with a bit weak voice. But suddenly, a smile formed in my lips. She’s alive.

“Waaah! Sunny!” Then she hugged me so tight.

“W-Wait. What happen?”I asked. I even don’t have a single clue why I am in the hospital.

 “Lee Sunkyu, you’re sleeping for 3 days. Goodness! You scared me, don’t you know that?! I came to your room to get something I left but I’ve found you lying on your bed, looking so white with you lips turning purple. I don’t know what happen because your mom was the one who talked to the doctor. But, good thing my cousin was with me that time. He was the one who carried you here.” She explained.

I slept for 3 days? Does that mean everything was just a dream? The three chances, my meeting again with Xiumin, and H-Han? Everything was not real?

But it seems like real.

 

**“You can’t die Sunny. This is your OWN WORLD so you will never get harm here. You’re protected in your own dream.”**

I suddenly remember what Han told me before. Is it really possible? Everything was just my dream?

 

“Who’s cousin?” Out of nowhere, I asked Yoona who was seating on the side of my bed.

“oh, you will see him later. He’s on his way here. I asked him to get your things in your house.Hahaha! You know, instant butler! Hahaha!”

I just smiled as a response to her. Well, I want to thank her couin too for helping me.

 

*tok tok tok*

 

“I think it is him.” Yoona uttered with a smile before standing and walking toward the door to open it for her cousin. Me? I turned my attention to the fruits on the bed-side table. I am sooooo hungry! Hehehe!

“Oh? The princess had already woken up.” I heard him said. I guess he is Yoona’s cousin. But wait. His voice was way too familiar to me. That voice belongs to…

 “Han?!?” I shouted out of shock. Woah. He is actually Han.

I noticed how his forehead knotted because of what I’ve called him. Why? He’s really Han! That fair complexion, lean body, cute smile, baby-like face, sparkling eyes. Those all belongs to Han. He is Han!

 “Uh, excuse me Miss. It’s Luhan, not Han. But uhm... that’s a nice name. You can call me Han if you want to. Hahaha” He said as he offered his hand for a handshake.

“Uh. Yeah. Hahaha! I’m Sunny.” I said before I accepted his handshake.

“Nice to meet you Princess Madz. “ He said with a smile on his lips. I smiled at him in return.