It Can't Be!

My Rerun

“Sunny. Hey, wake up sleepyhead!”

“Oh? Han?”

“Tsk. Who else did you expect? I’m the only charmingly handsome here.”

 “Whatever. Why… Why did you turn into a frog again?”

 “Eh? But I’ really a frog since the first time you saw me, right?” He answered and then turned his back on me.

Am I just dreaming or what? But I’m certain he was that guy from before. He turned to his human form. He’s human when I met him in my first chance. Aish! Never mind.

 “So Sunny, how was your first chance? What happened to you first time returning to the past?” Suddenly he asked, maybe to break the silence. And there, my eyes felt hot again with tears streaming from them.

 “France, *sob* Why? Why it have to be like that? *sob* Things were alright then. We’re finally t-together again, *sob* we’re h-happy.  But why did it happen?  *sob* Why did he have to suffer like that?”

 “You know what? Sunny, I don’t know what am I supposed to say to you now. All I know is if you really love a person, you are willing to sacrifice for the one you love.It is okay for you to get hurt and suffer, just not him to feel the pain.” He said after he jumped on my lap and jumped down after

 “Just talk to me later whether you’re fine snd willing to accept the consequences of what did happen to your first chance or you still want to take the risks for the second chance I’ll give you. Sunny, please think about it intently.” Ten he started jumping his way to go somewhere, maybe to give me space to think properly.

Han was right. I should be willing to hurt myself and sacrifice for my love. And I don’t want to see Xiumin suffering from his situation right now. I know him and I know he’s angry to himself because of him being paralyzed. He never wanted to be a burden to anyone, especially to the ones he cared so much. He didn’t like the feeling of being pitied by others.

********

 

“Are you sure, Sunny?”

 “Nae Han, I’m sure. I want to try once again.” I am determined to make things right now. This time, I’ll make sure I’ll succeed. I will do everything to make sure Xiumin will be with me again, safe and sound.

“But remember, this can make things better o worse.” Han reminded me.

“I know. I know.”

“Well then, hop in.” He ordered. This is it. I don’t want to waste this chance anymore.

 “Uhm Han, Can I request for something?”

 “Such a demanding lady. Be thankful I’m handsome. Hahaha! So, what is your request young lady?” Woah. I thought he forgot his conceited bright side already. He seemed so serious lately.

 “Can you please bring me back several minutes earlier before I went to the condo unit?”

 “Oh? That’s it? Sure, no problem. Now brace yourself and be ready.” And now here I am again, travelling time to go back in my past. Good luck to me.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in front of Xiumin’s unit again. I immediately hid myself when I noticed Shane’s door about to open. Then she come out of her unit and rang the doorbell of the room next to her’s, which is the unit of Xiumin. I saw how my boyfriend opened the door for her and how she lifted up the plastic bag she had to show the foods she brought. They talked about something which I didn’t hear because my distance from them didn’t allow me to. After a minute of talk, they entered Xiumin’s unit together.

Slowly and as silent as I can, I entered the unit too. I made sure to didn’t make any sound for them to not to notice my presence. I want to know what happened THAT TIME before I went here. I just want to clear things in my mind now.

 “Thanks for the foods, shane. Oh, I can’t help but to miss my Sunny again.”

 “Hahaha! You and your girl were together yesterday, right? And you’re still missing her now? Are you addicted?” Shane joked around and playfully hit Xiumin’s arm. Whatever Shane, he’s mine!

 “Hahaha! Yes, I am. I’m addicted to Sunny.” I found myself smiling upon hearing what Xiumin had said. He’s such a sweet guy, agree?

 “By the way Xiumin, can I borrow your phone? I just need to send a message to someone. I just realized now that I left my phone in my unit.”

 “No problem best, here.” As he handed his phone to her, I watched Shane typed on Xiumin’s phone. But I was a bit shocked when I felt my phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket especially when I received a text message from Xiumin telling me to drop by here in his unit.

So that’s the reason why when I first came back here in the past, he didn’t have any idea why I was here. It is all because of Shane. She’s the one who sent the message to me and not Xiumin.

 “Here’s your phone. Thanks.” Then this Shane girl with her brightest ever smile returned the phone to my boy. Huh! Now I know your true color, girl.

Shane stood up to go closer to Xiumin but she suddenly almost tripped to the floor, good thing Xiumin was there to catch her. Wait, did I say ‘good thing’? Well, erase it! How I wish she really did trip down to the floor with her face hitting first. Poop! It was obvious that she planned it. It was an act!

 “Be careful.” Xiumin said while helping this witchy girl to stand up. Argh! Why did my boyfriend have to be such a gentleman? It’s alright if he’s like that only to me and the elders, but not with that girl. >_<

 “Xiumin, I love you.” She suddenly said and started to lean closer to him. Oops, time out, I don’t want to see this again.

 “Hello guys!” I cheerfully greet them as I ruined their scene. Xiumin immediately ran to me. Huh! What are you now, Shane?

“My baby, why are you here?” He said smiling.

“Why? Am I not supposed to be here?” I asked him back but my eyes were fixed on Shane.

 “Of course not, I actually missed you and I’m happy you’re here.” Then he hugged me.

“Guys, I just take these foods to the kitchen, huh?” Then she walked away from us and head to the kitchen.

“My boazi, can I have some buns and chocolates, please?” I asked him with my puppy eyes and ever sweet tone. Well, those are our favorites and he had so much of those in his room. Look how he loved those things. He even had a mini container like a fridge in his room for that.

 “Let’s go upstair love. Let’s get them in my room.” He said while almost pulling me to accompany him.

 “Just go alone, will you? I just wait for you here.” I said, again with my sweetest voice.

“Oh please come. I want to make a baby so bad. Hahaha!”

What the! Is he crazy? I swear I felt my cheeks getting hotter. Shocks! I think I’m blushing.

“Crazy! Do you want to be double dead meat to my Mom, huh?!”

 “hahahaha! I’m just kidding. You know how much I respect you, right?” he said then hugged me from behind.

“Of course, I know. And I thank you for that. But please, get something from me now, huh?” I demanded like a child asking her mother for a lollipop.

“And now you’re using your aegyo to me? Okay, I’ll get it now for you. But…”

“But what?”

*mwuah*

“There, I got my payment. Hahaha” then he ran happily to his room. Tsk, this man. He’s now acting like a child too, huh?

After Xiumin disappeared from my sight, I made my way to the kitchen to talk with the witch.

“Hi Sunny, good thing you’re here. I’ve bought foods for Xiumin since I was just there in the other unit. Try it.” She said with her bright smile. If only I didn’t know what she had done before, I may be foolish again with her smile.

“Maybe later. Uhm, can I ask you a favor, Shane?”

“Sure. What is it?”

 “Uhm. If you don’t mind, can you please leave me and Xiumin alone? You know, I just want to spend quality time with my BOYFRIEND.” I said emphasizing the last word with my oh-so-bright smile too.

“Ah. O-okay.  You two. Ayiee.” She said as if she’s happy for us. Yeah right, whatever. I just don’t like her now anymore.

“Oh, where’s Shane?” Xiumin asked as he came to the kitchen from his room.

“I’m here but you’re still looking for someone else.” I murmured but loud enough for him to hear. Nothing. I just miss his loving ways of soothing my sulkness. I missed his affectionate ways.

“Woooshooo! What’s with you now, Sunny? Hahaha! Do you have your period? Come here.” Then he enclosed me with his hug.

I was about to act a fake sulk when I remembered what happened to my first chance. I have to be careful. I don’t what it to happen again so as much as I can, I won’t do things I alreadt did the last time.

 “Okay. Okay. I’m cool now, see? But hey, where are my buns and chocolates?”

 “Here! Tsk. Big-eater.” Again he teased me while giving the foods to me.

 “Xiumin, what do you think we should do now?” I asked him while eating my chocolate and feeding him the buns from time to time.

 “I already said it. Let’s make our baby. Hahaha!”

“Cut it, will you? Or else.” I warned him.  I actually didn’t have anything in mind to do to him if he keep on kidding me about that, I just want him ti stop. Why? Because I’m blushing hard and I’m shy talking about those stuffs.

 “Hahaha! Okay, I’ll stop now. You can’t take a joke now huh? Hmm… let’s just take some photos then let us uploade those to facebook, IG, twitter, weibo, etc. let’s make the world jealous of us. Hahaha!” okay

. -_- He’s being a crazy chidish brat again.

But still, that’s what we did. We made aegyo in front of his camera all day long. We even changed our outfits several times. We had so much fun that we barely realized that the sun was already set outside.

“My baby, let’s have dinner outside huh? A dinner date.” Suddenly he invited me while were cuddling in his couch. I’m actually afraid to go out now because I have this great instinct that the danger was always when were out. I mean remember what had happened before? I don’t want it to happen again. I need to be more careful now. But eventually I agreed to him after I realized something. This baozi guy hates to eat at home. I don’t know why but ever since I meant him, he was just like that, maybe because he was used to it when he was living alone in China before.

So yes, we have decided to eat on our favorite restaurant tonight because I didn’t want him to starve. I will just stay in the car and even hold my pee, maybe with that, I that horrible thing might not happen, right?

“Go outside now. I’ll just get the car key upstairs huh?” With that, I obediently stepped out of his unit. After just a second of standing there, a guy wearing a half-mask suddenly appeared in front of me out of nowhere. Without any word, he bowed down and got something near my left foot. It was a handkerchief. He handed it over to me thinking that it was mine but I refuse because never in this world will I have a moss-green color of hankie.

After I said to him that I wasn’t the owner of that piece of cloth, he turned his back to me and started to walk away. I kept on thinking where or when did I meet the guy because I was sure that his face was somehow familiar to me.

After taking I guess about five or six steps, the guy turned to face me again and said words that leaved questions in my head. I was really confused when he said that there is this person who always there for me to support, care and love me so he was hoping that I won’t make any stupid thing to make that person gone just because of my own happiness.

What’s with that weird guy? I don’t even know him that much. I just saw him yesterday. Yes, now I remember where and when I saw his handsome face. Wait, did I say handsome? Erase that one, okay? So there, he was the guy who, I don’t know if accidentally, bumped me before when I was in the gasoline station during my first chance.

 “Let’s go?” before my mind was completely drifted off for what the strange guy have said, Xiumin came out from his unit and asked me to go. Well, I didn’t have anything to do now since he, the one I’m waiting, was here in front of me. After flashing my sweet bright smile as a return for his mischievous grin, we left the building with our fingers intertwined.

********

 

“Aish! This traffic is so heavy! Are you hungry?” Xiumin asked then gently touched my hand. With that, I think I don’t need to eat. But truth be told, I’m actually having a hard time keeping my pee. I just don’t want to say it to him because I was afraid big time, that the accident will happen to him again.

After few minutes still waiting for the heavy traffic to loosen a bit, I reached out to play the radio in the car to kill my boredom. And I smiled recognizing the song currently playing. I’m proud of myself for my great timing. ^_^

 

♪♪ [My Best Friend – SNSD (English Translation)]

Even though we argued a little yesterday
Today, we laugh and hug, embrace each other
Alright. Let’s make a promise
You are my best friend


Even if your worry may seem trivial
Don’t hold it in
But share it with each other.

Promise me one more time
When you laugh, I’m happy too
When you’re sad, my eyes tear up.


There is only one of you in this world my friend
You’re my joy and my soul
I’ll continue to treasure our importance
I swear to God
I love you my friend


I’ll be your strength
I’ll always by your best friend


If you find a good movie, a song,
Or a person(guy), make sure to let share it with each other
Let’s make a promise together


Let’s not be stingy and
Buy each other meals
Let’s make a promise with our finger
For me, when you’re not here, I really feel lonely
For me, when you’re sick, I can’t sleep. I worry about you


There is only one of you in this world my friend
You’re my joy and my soul
I’ll continue to treasure our importance
I swear to God
I love you my friend
You’re my life’s present my friend
You’re my jewel. My miracle
I’ll protect my appreciative heart
Once again, I swear to God
I love you my friend


With faith and holding hands, no matter what I won’t be afraid
The word friendship may sound awkward, but I think that word was created
To describe us
my friend


There is only one of you in this world my friend
You’re my joy and my soul
I’ll continue to treasure our importance
I swear to God
I love you my friend
You’re my life’s present my friend
You’re my jewel. My miracle
I’ll protect my appreciative heart
Once again, I swear to God
I love you my friend

We make pretty nicknames for each other and play around
Sometimes, we share our cool clothes
You’re number one in my speed dial.
You’ll always be my best friend
Forever you’re my friend
You’re my only one, my friend
Forever you’re my friend
You’re my only one, my friend♪♪

 

That song was really cute. It is actually one of my favorites.  Oh, I suddenly remember my best friend, I remember Yoona. She used to sing that song in front of me as if she was in her solo concert with her over dance movement. She did that funny thing often. But I love it, especially when she said that the song was our theme song for our friendship. How sweet, right?

And now I wonder. Will she believe me when I tell her everything happened? Will she call me crazy when I tell her about Han and the three chances? For sire, she’s going to laugh so hard. She’s one and a half crazier than me, actually.

 “Hey Sunny!” Speaking of Yoona, she’s now here.

“Yoona. What are you doing there?” I shouted baxk at her for her to hear me.

 “Uhm, Waiting for the traffic to move?” She answered but with her intonation as if saying that it was too obvious to ask for. Yes, it’s really obvious. Stupid me! -_-

 “Hahaha! You two are really fit to be best friends. What’s in your brains that you two keep talking or should I say shouting to each other in the middle of this crowd?” Xiumin said while trying so hard to keep his laughter that about to explode. Yeah right, Mr. Baozi.

But Xiumin really got a point on it. Maybe that’s what anyone would say when you heard me and Yoona here in the highway with this great traffic. Try to visualize. I’m in Xiumin’s car heading to the North while Yoona is in the other lane with her car heading to the South. How much crazier we could be, right?

 

*message tone*

 

1 message received from bff Yoona ^_^

~Best, come here for a while. The cars might move after some minutes though. I have something to show you. Hahaha~

I really want to move to where Yoona is right now but I can’t leave Xiumin alone here. But Yoona, I know her. She was hyper and all but when she said something like that, she seriously wants to show something really important, but how about Xiumin?

 

To bff Yoona ^_^

~And what is that you want me to see? Uhm, can you please be the one to come over here? I can’t leave Xiumin alone for now. I’ll explain it later, okay?~

Sent!

I know that she knew I have a very important thing whenever I refused to do her request. That’s how our minds and hearts connected as best of friends, even we didn’t say anything directly we understand what one of us wants to tell. I guess because we’re best friends since birth? Hahaha! Kidding but may be half truth for our mothers we’re best friends too.

Then, I was a bit startled to find Yoona slowly making her way out of her car. I wonder what she is about to show me. I watched her walking closer to where Xiumin and I were with her hands in her back as if hiding something. She’s walking me with a very wide smile, like this ^___________________________^ hahaha! Woah, my best friend’s really happy huh?

I smiled back at her while she’s now hopping and I think singing some random song inher way to my place. Oh, I think I’ll pinch her right after sge got here. She’s so cute! Sometimes, acting like a child suits her. ^_^

“Sunny~” She sang my name with the smile never erase in her face.

“Hahaha! You’re like a kid, Yoona. Gather your self please.” Then we both laughed together even with the distance. Tell me, is it right to the in the middle of the street? That’s whar she’s doing now. Childish. Hahaha!

“Sunny, I’m so happy. He---“

*screeeeeccchhh*

 

O_O

“YOONA!!!” I screamed her name and immediately stepped out of the car with Xiumin behind me.

Did it just really happen? No, it can’t be! Yoona, my best friend, there’s no way she had to be pained like this.

 “Yoona, *sob* hey little crazy girl, w-wake up. *sob* don’t… *sob* make fun with me like that.” I cried while keep on shaking her. This can’t be happening.

“Sunny, she’s gone.” I heard Xiumin’s gloomy words after searching for Yoona’s pulse. His words, they’re like daggers strike me straight in my heart.

 “NOOOO!!! YOONAAAAA!!!”

Xiumin hugged me tightly to comfort me. I know he’s hurting too. They know each other as well. He keeps on telling me to be strong, to calm down, but I can’t. Tell me how should I calm down if my best friend was now lying as a lifeless body?!

 “No Xiumin! *sob* let’s go. L-Le’s bring her… to the hospital! *sob* please Xiumin?! Let’s save Yoona!”

“Sunkyu...”

“Xiumin! This can’t be happening. *sob* Yoona can’t die like this. She can’t die! It can’t be! *sob* my best friend can’t be dead. Yoona, please wake up already. You got me now, so stop acting. *sob* Fine, you can have all my kpop collections and I’ll buy you all the fairy tale stuffs you want! Just please *sob* just please o-open your eyes.”

We brought Yoona to the hospital but they declared her dead on arrival. I stared on my hands filled with blood. They were crimsomed with the blood of Yoona, my best friend. Thinking wht had happened hit me so hard.

Why it has to be like this? Why it has to be her? Why it hasn’t to be me?

Maybe if I didn’t ask her to come to Xiumin’s car this won’t happen. I should be the one to take the way to her. I should be the one who met the accident.

Sorry, sorry Yoona. Sorry bestfriend.

“Sunny, I’ll just get you some foods, okay?” I nodded as a response to Xiumin then he’s off to go. I don’t have the guts to talk right now. I just want to cry.

 “Sunny, you still have your last chance. Please use it wisely. I won’t ask you if you’ll choose this set-up when you return to your present because I know you’re not.” A guy from my back said.

“H-Han?” I was about to turn around to see him but he stopped me.

 “Don’t look!” he said with alertness in his voice.  “Yes, it’s me.” suddenly I felt his hands touched my eyes. He blindfolded me with his hands. Slowly, he turned me to face him with his hands still on my eyes. I get it, he didn’t want me to see him. As I was asking myself, I felt strong arms around me. I felt Han’s arms around me, hugging me, making me feel the comfort I needed.

 “Don’t think of anything for now, Sunny. Just rest yourself.” He whispered in my ear while still hugging me. I don’t know but I slowly closed my eyes after he said so. My hurting heart started to calm down with this prince beside me. He's right, there’s so much things happened for a short period. I need to rest myself, even just for a moment.