Not This!

My Rerun

“Sunny, over here!” I heard a familiar voice shouting my name. I knew it was him, Han.

I honestly don’t know where we are, all I know is that this is not an ordinary place. Have you ever saw trees with blue leaves and yellow-green fruits? How about cute little turtles flying with its pink and purple wings, and butterflies with the size of a human spreading colorful and shinny dust wherever they go? I’m sure you didn’t see any of these things, right? Well, guess I can say I’m better than you because I already see those things…. Right here, right now.

“Are you ready? Hop in then.” This frog beside me suddenly said.

Is he really crazy? As if I can really hop in to that kettle.

“Oh? Staring at me again? Hahaha! Have you realized how handsome I am?”

“Handsome your face. Tsk. Are you serious? Here?” as I pointed to the kettle in front of us.

“Yes. Just do it, okay?”

Hesitantly, I slowly put my right feet in the old kettle. Then I put my left feet after. Suddenly, like what I have experienced earlier, I felt this weird force pulling me in. But it’s weirder than before because I feel hot and cold sensations at the same time.

After few minutes of that weird moment, I slowly open my eyes. I was a bit shock when I found myself standing in front of a door. It’s the door of Xiumin’s condo.

Yeah, this is where everything started. Argh! I remember that day again.

 

---*flashback*---

“Sunny. You waited long? Let’s go.” Yoona said. I’m actually waiting for her. We’re not in the same class this afternoon so I have to wait for her class to finish. Well, we just want to go home together everyday. She’s the only one I have to hang out with in this university because my boyfriend is in the other university. But I totally understand him his preferred course isn’t in my university, afterall.

“Okay! Let’s go. I’m dead bored here.” Then we started our way home.

 

*message tone*

 

1 message received from ‘Xiumin of my life <3’

~ baby, please be on my condo at exactly huh? I’ll wait. Just go in okay? I won’t lock the door. I have a surprise for you.~

 

“Yoona, what time is it?”

 “2:45pm, wae?”

“Ah, mianhae. I can’t walk with you home, girl. Xiumin wants me to go to his condo. He has something for me, he said.”

 “Ayieee! I envy you. He’s really sweet. Knowing him, I know he’s really up to something, again. Hahaha!” Yoona said as she jumps like a kid. Oh heavens. She’s really childish sometimes.

After bidding our goodbyes, we took our separate ways. I rode a taxi to be on my boyfriend’s condo on time. And as he had said, I didn’t bother to press the doorbell, I just enter his unit. And he was right. I really got SURPRISED big time of what I’ve seen that time.

---*end of flashback*---

 

Do I have a lame flashback? Hahaha! I don’t care! Hehe, kidding. It is just that I guess I can’t bare it if I would remind myself again of what had happened that day.

But now, I’m here. The same person in the same spot and maybe still with the same situation. Can i still make it? Can I still bare the hurt? I don’t know.

 

*ding dong*

Unlike before, this time I’ve rang the doorbell. Prince Han said that I can change anything I want, right?

“Oh my baby, why are you here? You miss me that much, don’t you? Yieee. Hahaha”

Instead of answering him, I hugged him immediately. Yes, Xiumin, I missed you. If only you know how much I want to be with you again. How much I want to be in your arms again.

“Baby Sunny, what happened? Why are you crying?” he said with a hint of worry in his voice.

“Nothing. I just… *sob* I just miss you.” I managed to say while wipping my tears.

“Don’t cry baby. You really missed me even we’re together yesterday, right? Let’s go inside. Great timing, Shane gave me foods.” As he had said, we enter his condo. He’s even assisting me to walk by holding my shoulders as he leads the way.  And I saw Shane in the kitchen. That girl is my boyfriend’s best friend.

Well, I’m really okay with her presence before. Many have said that she loves my boyfriend more than a friend but I just ignored them because I trust the girl. But now, things are the other way around.

I walk toward Shane as she was arranging the foods on the table. She then smiled at me. Tsk. Whatever.

“Hi Sunny, good thing you’re here. I’ve bought foods for Xiumin since I was just there in the other unit. Try it.” She said with her bright smile. If only I didn’t know what she had done before, I may be foolish again with her smile.

“Maybe later. Uhm, can I ask you a favor, Shane?”

“Sure. What is it?”

 “Uhm. If you don’t mind, can you please leave me and Xiumin alone? You know, I just want to spend quality time with my BOYFRIEND.” I said emphasizing the last word with my oh-so-bright smile too.

“Ah. O-okay.  You two. Ayiee.” She said as if she’s happy for us. Yeah right, whatever. I just don’t like her now anymore.

“Oh, where’s Shane?” Xiumin asked as he came to the kitchen from his room.

“I’m here but you’re still looking for someone else.” I murmured but loud enough for him to hear. Nothing. I just miss his loving ways of soothing my sulkness. I missed his affectionate ways.

“Woooshooo! What’s with you now, Sunny? Hahaha! Do you have your period? Come here.” Then he enclosed me with his hug.

“Whatever.”

“Please just smile, my baby. Yieeee. She will smile now.” He said while pointing my cheeks.

“Yah! Xiumin. Stop that!”

“Then please smile.”

“I don’t want to.”

“You really don’t smile, huh?”

“No!”

“It’s that your final answer?”

“I. Said. I. Don’t. Want. To.”

“You’re wrong!” Eh? What did he say? What is he talking about?

 “Hahaha! Xiumin. Stop it! Haha-- Yah!”

“Go run. You don’t want to smile, right? Then here’s for you.”

He keeps on tickling me while I am busy on sidestepping his tickles. If someone will see us right now, they might think of us as childish couples chasing each other on this condo. But I really missed this. How I hope this is what really happened that day.

“It’s time out. I’m tired” I said while panting because of so much running.

“You lose then.” Xiumin said while hugging me from the back.

“Saranghae Kim Minseok.”

“Nado Saranghae. I love you so much Lee Sunkyu.” Then we kissed.

If only I can stop the time right now. It really felt so good being with him again, hearing those loving words from him again, feeling his affection once again.

So far, eveything went good. I guess if everything really turned out right until the end, I won’t need the other two chances from Han anymore.

After some cuddling moments, we decided to go out of his unit. He said he want to treat me for a dinner in a fine restaurant and made a caramel macchiato for me by himself.

As we’re in his car taking the road to that restaurant, I suddenly drifted off to sleep. And when I opened my eyes…

“Xiumin, where are we?” I asked while looking outside the window.

“We’re still on our way baby. There’s a heavy traffic. Are you hungry?”

“Aniyo. But I need to pee.”

“Oh? Wait. There’s a gasoline station. Maybe they have a comfort room there. Let’s go, I accompany you.”

“Oh come on Kim  Minseok, you don’t have to. I won’t just disappear or get lost. Stay here, okay?”

“Aish! Fine. Just take care, okay?”

“Are you serious? It’s not that far, you know. I’ll go now. I don’t want to pee on my shorts.” Then I ran out of the car to the gas station.

After I’m done with my personal business, I went out of the comfort room.

“Ouch!”

“Miss, I’m sorry.” Then he helped me get up. This guy bumped me hard that I fall down to the ground earlier.

When I looked at him, wow, he’s so handsome. He has this sparkly eyes and baby face features.

“ah, It’s okay.” I said while dusting my shirt off by my hands.

“Miss… Uhm…” He uttered while looking directly in my eyes. He seems to say something but for some reason didn’t say it.

 “What is it?” I asked with confusion.

 “Go to your boyfriend now, fast.” He said then walked out. He’s weird. I was about to follow him to question him of what he meant for his words but he suddenly disappeared.

So, instead of spending my time looking for the weirdo guy who suddenly disappeared like a bubble, I decided to run to where Xiumin’s car is. But the car wasn’t there anymore.I looked around and after a minute I found it. It was parked outside the lane so I walked toward it.

 “Who do you think you are huh?!”

“Brat. So what if you’re rich kid huh?”

“Bro, I’m didn’t mean any harm here okay? But it is my girlfriend you’re being rude to. Do you think I’ll keep silent upon hearing your nasty malice talks?”

 “Bro your face, man. You’re not my brother.”

I heard that conversation as I walked closer to Xiumin’s car. I don’t know who are those guys talking as if arguing about something but one of those three male’s voices was so familiar to me. I guess it’s…

“Xiumin!” I called his attention and all the five of them looked at me. It seems really a fight. Who are these guys, huh?

“Sunkyu, go to the car now!” he ordered with a serious tone. He even called me Sunkyu so I know he was really serious.

“But---“

“I said go now!” now he shouted so I just followed what he wanted me to do and run near his car.

“Ah! What now? Let me go!” I shouted out of fright as I tried to free myself from the grip of the guy who grasped me even before I reach the car.

“Chill Miss, just watch first how your loving boyfriend protect you from us.” He laughed after his speech. He then held my cheeks and with great force, he made me faced Xiumin with the other three guys.

I can see a total rumble now. They punched him. They kicked him. But there’s something wrong. They were three of them and Xiumin was fighting alone. It’s unfair.

 

“Curse you! Why did you stab him?”

“I didn’t mean to. I’m just fed up of his boastfulness!”

“But why there? Aish! Guess his dying!”

“Then let’s go!” then I saw them running away like mad cow.

 “Oh poop! Xiumin! Wake up. Please, wake up!” I said while shaking him.

“D-don’t worry about… *cough* about me Sunny.”

“Don’t worry about you? *sob* Are you crazy?! *sob* You’re stabbed deeply and… *sob* and you’re asking to don’t worry *sob* about you?!” I can’t help it. My eyes were now turning to waterfalls with my tears flowing.

“I *cough* I l-love you.” He uttered, almost whisper.

“I know, and I love you too. Now please hold on and don’t speak. I’ll bring you to hospital.” Then I held his arm and put it on my shoulder while my other hand held on his waist. His car was not that far so I think I can managed to assist him like this until there.

“Sunny!” someone called me. I turned to where that familiar voice came from only to find out Yoona riding her car.

“Oh my, what happened to Xiumin?!” she asked after she realized the situation.

“Yoona, follow me to the nearest hospital. I have no time for a story-telling right now.” then I immediately drove the car with the fastest speed I could.

When we arrived at the hospital, I saw Xiumin with closed eyes. My heart started even faster seeing it. Oh God, please don’t take him away from me. I’m begging you.

Suddenly, nurses came to us carried him to a stretcher and push him inside the Emergency Room. I’m scared, scared of losing him again. Just thinking about it hurts me this much, how much more if it happened? I don’t want this.

While waiting for the doctor to come out from the room, I didn’t do anything but to pray for him to live. I know that’s the only thing I can do for him right now.

 “Is there any relative of the patient?”

“I’m the girlfriend, Doctor.”

“Many blood was lose from the patient ang he was stabbed badly but don’t worry, he’s safe now.” –Doc.

After what the doctor hassaid, I automatically hugged him out of joy. Thank God for saving Xiumin’s life. I thought I’m gonna lose him.

“Thank you, Doctor, Thank you.”

“But Miss, I need to be honest with you. Your boyfriend’s safe now, yes, but he’ll never be the same anymore.”

“What do you mean, Doc?” Upon hearing what he said, I felt nervous.

“The knife used to hurt the patient hit and eventually damaged his nerves that responsible to deliver or transfer messages from the brain to his other body parts. So, his body parts can’t respond to it anymore.” –Doctor.

“Can you… can you please say it direct to the point?”

“Because of what happened to your boyfriend, he was paralyzed with all his life, He can’t talk any more. He’s not able to move any part of his body anymore. Sorry”

Hearing Xiumin’s situation, I felt my eyes getting hotter and hotter until I burst into tears. The Doctor left while I was slowly sitting down to the ground because I think I can’t feel my knees anymore. All I want to do now is to cry all the hurt in my heart out.

Not this. This is not what I want to happen. Yes, I can say that he’s stil with me. Yes, he’s still mine. of course, I’m willing to take care of him no mtter how long and how hard it might be but I can’t stand seeing him like this.

I’m still sobbing all the hurt I’m feeling when I was startled to feel someone hugged.

 “Just go ahead,Sunny. Cry until you can’t feel the hurt anymore.” I know that voice but how on earth did it happen?

“Han? But how---“

“Sshh. Don’t mind about it. Just always remember I’m here. For now, just let me hold you like this and cry all your heart’s content. I won’t leave you.”

I don’t know but after he said those touching words, I cried even harder. I shed tears without minding  my surroundings hoping that all the hurt I’m feeling right now would flow with my tears until I can’t feel the pain anymore just like this prince in front of me said.