Our Past

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“OMG, did you hear about that girl? She’s so ugly and fat! Look! She’s with her fattie boyfriend now!” The girls were giggling while Himchan and Eun Mi were walking next to each other talking.

Himchan pouted while walking, “I’m sorry Eun Mi..they’re making fun of you because of me..”

She looked at him nonchalantly and then pursed her lips. She smacked her hands on his cheeks as the jiggled in response, “No, even if you weren’t with me, they’d still say that. But it’s up to you whether you’ll let yourself be affected by them or not. I like you because you’re you, you’re my best friend. So, let’s link our arms and go through this together. You know I don’t like all this pity talk.”

She pulled him while looking ahead, at that time; he was looking at her with those eyes. Those eyes filled with admiration, sentiment, and love. He loved her now. He knew that he loved her at that moment when she said those words. He loved that she was truly kind and accepting of other’s faults. He loved that only he could be the one to see that side of her while other couldn’t. He truly loved her.

They split up and went to their classes with big smiles saying goodbye to each other. Right when Himchan was about to go to his class, he had overheard some girls.

“Oh my, that’s the ugly fat boy right? Haha, I feel bad for his glasses! He’s squeezing it to death!” Himchan inhaled a take of breath and continued walking yet those girls were following him gossiping. Sadly, they were in the same class.

“He’s hanging out with that Eun-.”  

Himchan turned around quick, furious how they’d talk about Eun-Mi that way. “Eun Mi is not that way! Don’t talk about her like that with those mouths!”

The girls were shocked, used to his ignoring and nonchalant facade he kept up. One of the girls spoke up, “What? Were you mad we that we called her a ?”

“She’s not a !”

“Yes she is,”

“No she’s not!”

The girl pulled out her phone and showed him a picture. It was a picture of a man hugging her, his hands were on her hips as she was writing on the chalkboard, “How do you explain this?”

Himchan was shocked. He’s never seen Eun Mi like this. He’s never seen her in that light; she was innocent, what was this? Was she really not as innocent as he thought she was? Did she really keep all these secrets from him? It made him doubt Eun Mi.

After class, Eun Mi happily greeted him, smiling brightly with that smile of hers. Himchan in returned had a sour look on his face. Eun Mi slightly frowned, “What’s wrong?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter