Continuation

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Excuse me?” All of the attention went to Eun Mi. She scoffed and glared at the two men, grasping onto the situation. “So you pathetic fools observed me, made a human feeling feel unsafe so you could confirm whether or not I was actually related to you or not? Why don’t you just come and shave my head so it’s enough for a DNA testing? Why would you confront me if you weren’t sure if our connection was actually true? No, I’m sorry. We’re not related. I won’t be close with narrow-minded people any longer.” She, thinking she’s spoken enough pulled Youngjae’s wrist.

“Wait, Eun Mi,” Youngjae stopped her tracks. “Is this what’s been troubling you this whole time?” She didn’t make eye contact at all. She looked at the ground and stammered, still fired up from the previous scene.

“Look, I have to go home, it’s really late now..” she said without looking at him at all. Yet following her as she left him, was a dark shadow, a foolish shadow that is.

 

Himchan’s day was boring. It hasn’t even been a week since he finally moved into a new place. “Finally!” A new place with no nagging: parents, maids, cooks, just him alone. He was going to live by his own rules now. He just finished settling in and was proud of his own design of how everything was organized. His stomach rumbled and he looked down at his empty stomach. “When was the last time I ate?” he said to himself. Mentally smacking himself to forget about buying food for his fridge, he put on a coat and shoes and walked out the door. He arrived at the market and grabbed a basket. He grabbed what he could see: meat, rice, vegetables, etc. Himchan looked down at his groceries, “I have too much food…but I need to eat them…hmm..” he went back and grabbed another basket and continued his shopping. It was starting to get heavy and clear uncomfort spread across his face, “So this is what commoners go through huh,” He felt true sympathy for them that tears started to come down because he never truly appreciated his workers and his parents.

 

Eun Mi left Youngjae at that street and continued walking to get it out of my head. ‘What am I feeling? Sadness? Anger? Why is this reserving so much of my mind?’ Eun Mi thought to herself. She shook her head and remembered that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter