Building

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing was working out for her. None of it was working at all. It was full of frustrated sighs as she picked up all grills to go wash outside (She worked at a BBQ restaurant washing the used grills).

“Yah,” Youngjae nudged her side with his foot, “There’s more~”

She didn’t answer. She was just scrubbing and scrubbing, her smile she usually gave faded. His as well, faltered as he looked at her. Youngjae looked at her and gave a sigh, he pulled up a chair and sat right next to her and started helping her. Eun Mi was so absent-minded that she didn’t notice.

He quietly observed her and slightly frowned, “What happened today? You were late,”

“It’s nothing, I just overslept from my powernap,” her voice was monotone with no emotion at all.

He knew something was up, but instead, just sighed knowing her stubbornness. “Okay then, I’m going to go deliver these grills okay?” He reached in his pocket, about to give her a hot pack when he froze in his actions. Hesitantly, he walked away with the grill.

After Youngjae had left, Eun Mi had sighed as well. Flashbacks kept persistently coming up, “Urgh,” she kept shaking her head side to side. She heard a chuckle right behind her, she quickly turned her head around to see nothing there. She cocked her head in confusion, suspicion, and caution kept creeping up her. What was this? Fear crept up her spine. She finished her last grill and started gathering up the bunch in her arms. She tried to carry all of them at once to avoid that queasy feeling she felt outside. Once she gathered them all up at once, the amount was so overbearing that it blocked her vision of sight.

Step by step, she walked with a shaky stance. Each step was getting more riskier, her next step was on top of slippery ice. Before Eun Mi knew it, she started falling backwards, she closed her eyes with an impact as a slight gasp escaped from her lips. All of a sudden, she felt cold hands on her shoulders and a stronger, harder chest against her own. Once both figures collided with the hard cement, a loud impact made the grills’ sound thunder throughout a 5 yard distance. Youngjae, inside heard the sound along with the other heads in the restaurant as they instinctively turned their heads.

He rushed outside to see what it was, hoping that she wasn’t hurt. His pace was going faster and faster until he got to the destination to see her on top of an unknown man. He quickly ran to her and bent down to hold her up by her shoulders, “Hey, are you okay?”

Her head, woozy, she looked up and Youngjae. She looked to the right to see a man’s body lying on the ground. Concerned grew on her face, she quickly went to his side and she gasped. It was the same man a few days ago. Goosebumps grew all over her body.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter