Ghost Walking

Running With Wolves: Magic, Spells and Creatures Guidebook
       
    ghost walking
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"First step is to relax; second, to free magic tingling under your skin, and three – give up to the darkness." 
 
 
 
 
 
 


» Ghost walking means entering the world of the dead in search for answers. 

» To go ghost walking, you need a mandala, some runes and, obviously, magic. It also requires a lot of focusion. The mandala should be drawn on the floor while the magic user is sitting in the middle of it, but it also works when the mandala is drawn on skin.  

» Mandala is a spiritual and ritual symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism, representing the Universe. In various spiritual traditions, mandalas may be employed for focusing attention of practitioners and adepts, as a spiritual guidance tool, for establishing a sacred space, and as an aid to meditation and trance induction.

Dal uses a mandala that contains a lot of celtic knots. The knots are each made of four circles, and each circle symbolises something else - the universe, the sky, the seas and the earth. The knots meet in the middle and that's where Dal goes to when she goes ghost walking.

» Ghost walking can be dangerous, since the person that uses this power remains unconscious during the whole process. Nothing can wake that person up. Suddenly breaking the mandala that is used for ghost walking can easily kill the magic user by trapping him or her inside the ghost world.

» Ghost walking is useful, but very tiring. Besides, you never know what kind of spirits you're gonna meet on your journey. Sometimes ghost walking doesn't give anything, because not always the ghost want to talk.

» The runes used for ghost walking are: Thurisaz for focused power, Ansuz for communication, Jera for gain, Laguz for flow, Othala for home (so the magic user can go back). Sometimes Gebo is also used.

 

 

    

 

 

» If the magic user wants to find out about the past, they can use a lighter, safer version of ghost walking that requires less energy and doesn't require talking to the spirits. A triskele symbol is used for this kind of ghost walking. 

 

 

 


 

 

             different ways of gathering information


 
TALKING » Sometimes simple conversations with ghosts give you insight in a situation.
IMAGES » Sometimes ghosts can't talk. That's why they use images. Usually the images flash like photos on a screen, quickly and sharply, giving you basic intel, but nothing beside this. 
MEMORIES » Sometimes to gather information you need to see someone else's past, or things in their heads. Some ghosts are able to show you these memories, but it's rare and usually only happens when the memories belong to a deceased person. 
TOUCH, FEELINGS, SCENT » Basically, when everything fails, ghosts can communicate with you by lingering touches or sharing their feelings with you. As ghost walking means linking with their world - everything becomes spiritual there and it's easy to feel what they feel.
 

 
 
 
 
      

  
 
 
 

                                    
 
 

"You went to the other side to seek information. It's called ghostwalking."

 

layout designed and coded by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes