Daevas

Running With Wolves: Magic, Spells and Creatures Guidebook
    

DAEVAS

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Creatures without bodies. Only their shadows can be seen. Illogically, they can’t manifest without darkness."
 
 
 
 
 
      BASICS

» Daevas are incorporeal, destructive beings. They're also ancient.

» They appear as humanoid shadows, but have incredibly long, animalistic, sharp claws.

» They can only be seen as shadows on walls and floors. That's why it's so hard to fight them - it's hard to see them coming, and you can't exactly fight a shadow. 

» Though they're generally cruel and hungry for blood, they rarely attack anyone or anything on their own. In the magical world, they're beings that are often sent by witches or demons as assassins. Witches use special rituals to summon them, and once they do, they can control them and tell them who they should kill. Daevas listen.

» They have a very specific odour, easily recognizable by werewolves if they've ever met a daeva.

» They often eat their victim's heart.

» They can't be killed, but they can disappear if the person that controls them dies, or their spell is broken. Daevas have a nasty habit of attacking the ones that have summoned them and used them once the spell wears off. 

 

HOW to fight them


» Daevas can't materialize unless the room is completely dark. If the room you're in is lit up enough, they probably won't be able to attack.

» There's a charm that activates and shines bright light when it senses a Daeva. It's made of leather and elder as, with an old Zoroastrian spell engraved to it. 

» To battle Daevas, you can make light-bursting stones with feathers and tiny rowan branches inside. Once fire magic is put inside them, they can be thrown onto the ground, and they'll burst like little petards, spreading light all over and scaring the Daevas off.

» Simple light-inducting spells, and fire spells, can be used against daevas. Natural light usually doesn't work, though, it should be magic-related.

 

 

 APPEARANCES

 

» mentioned in chapter thirty-eight

» chapter forty-six

  

                                  
 


You’ve met one a few years back, when you still weren’t even a real part of Kai’s pack, when you were hostile towards each other more than anything. It was supposed to be a normal fight. But then Kai couldn’t move after getting poisoned by wolfsbane. The rest of the pack was either fighting or unconscious. And when one of the creatures tried to kill Kai, you got in its way.

Your first scar comes from that meeting.

 

  
layout designed and coded by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes