Mages

Running With Wolves: Magic, Spells and Creatures Guidebook

    

MAGES
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


"You can tell that I’m magic?"
"Yeah, it pours out of you."
"And it’s menacing?"
"Yeah, it is. They say packs with magic users are the strongest."

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
BASICS 

» A mage is a human being that posesses the power to freely shape and create reality.

» Their power is hereditary. A mage's first child is always a mage.

» Mages are said to be one of the strongest, most valuable, and purest magical creatures that exist. They have a unique talent that

allows them to create and change pretty much everything and anything. They can transform matter, talk to ghosts and spirits, and

they constantly develop their powers. There aren't many things they can't do.

» Mages are often associated with druids, and it's due to the fact that both druids and mages follow similar principles and believe in

the same gods and laws. They use the same plants to cast spells, and from the very beginning of the magical world, they've always

been connected. It's said that a druid posesses the same kind of knowledge a mage does, but doesn't posess the power to use it. 

  • Mages are often being confused with witches, and that's because, to some extent, their powers are similar. But there are things a mage can do that a witch can't, and there are things that a witch can do that a mage can't. Witches are better in creating things than mages are. They can cast spells that last longer and create protective charms that work for years. But mages possess more power, and they have more means to use it.
  • Some mages prefer to be called wizards or warlocks, depending on where they're from.
  • Mages get stronger by generation, which means that a mage's child will always be stronger than the parent.

 

 

RUNES - Meaning for mages 

 

» Runic language is the language of mages.

» Every runic symbol has power and meaning that allows a mage to cast spells. The first thing they learn when using magic is the meaning of them all.

» Runes are important to mages since they can transform and change the purest form of their magic and give it new sense. 

» Mages tend to cover themselves in runic tattoos. It allows them to cast spells without wording them.

 

 STORY

 

» The mage we meet in the story is Dal. She's born with her powers, and her father is the one that teaches her the most about it. She's one of the strongest mages in the country.

 

    

 

 

    BLACK MAGIC & TABOOS


Mages are usually born pure and good, but since they're half human, they tend to stray. Some mages turn to black magic, and once they taste it, it's hard for them to come back. Black magic gives more power and allows a mage to learn faster and more efficiently than white magic, but it also tends to wear them out. A black mage is often haunted by nightmares and loses their sense of morality.

Black mages also tend to age much faster than normal mages. While normal mages can live up to over one hundred years and look fairly young, black mages that have used forbidden magic before often look very old, since their skin ages every time they use black magic. 

Since mages are - techically - capable of everything and anything, three certains taboos were established for them.

Mages are forbidden from:

  • Creating money
  • Using their magic to gain immortality
  • Bringing the dead back to life.

If a mage breaks one of these taboos, they get punished by the universe. While creating money isn't that big of a deal, gaining immortality and bringing the dead back to life certainly is, and that's because both of these can only be done by sacrificing other lives.

There's also an unwritten rule that everyone knows, and it involves time travel. It's said that even killing an ant while you're time travelling can cause the end of the world, and that's why mages don't do it, even though they can. It's generally frowned upon if a mage decides to go back or forth in time, as it can have grief consequences. 

  

                                 

 
 
 
      

 
 
 
 

                                    
 
 

You let your magic flow. In envelops you like a warm blanket, giving your muscles strenght, and you - the power to fight. 

 

layout designed and coded by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes