Werewolves

Running With Wolves: Magic, Spells and Creatures Guidebook
    
werewolves & Pack dynamic
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"A pack is like any family. The alphas are the parents and the betas our children. Omegas are werewolves without packs."
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
      BASICS 

» Lycaon, the king of Arcadia, tested Zeus by serving him the roasted flesh of a guest from Epirus in order to see whether Zeus was truly omniscient. In return for these gruesome deeds Zeus transformed Lycaon into the form of a wolf, and therefore, the first werewolf was born.

» There are four kinds of werewolves: Alphas, Betas, Omegas and Rouges.

» A werewolf pack consists of one Alpha and a random number of Betas. The Alpha is the strongest one in the group, but it doesn't mean he or she is dominant or violent - they held authority over their Betas, are their leaders, but they're basically equal except for the strenght.

» Omegas are the weakest werewolves, but it doesn't mean that they can't live or are unhappy, some wolves simply choose to be lone wolves.

» Rogue wolves are the ones that can't control their powers. A wolf can go rogue if no one teaches them how to control their shift during the full moon or when they go through a serious mental breakdown, such as losing the whole pack. They can also go berserk in search of blood and power. 

» Alpha's eyes are red. Beta's are blue. Omega's are yellow. The true color of werewolf eyes shows when the wolf is particulary nervous, angry, sad or annoyed. They tend to flash their colors when feeling threatened, but also when their feelings are too strong to bear. 

 

walk into the club like ayoo I got rainbow eyes

 

 

 

 

  ACTUAL WOLVES?

 

» In RWW a shifted werewolf has extended claws, long canines and more body hair. A werewolf can't take the shape of a wolf unless some conditions are fulfiled. There are three ways to maintain the power to transform into an actual wolf:

 

THE MAGIC WAY » Once a werewolf is born, a magic user has to draw a Celtic symbol for war on it's neck, using human, sacrificial blood. 

THE NATURAL WAY » The werewolf is born on the night of the full moon, when the moon has red color. 

THE TRUE ALPHA WAY » Sometimes, when an Alpha is strong enough, stronger than most Alphas, the powers  to transform into four-legged, furry wolves come naturally, but it's incredibly rare. 

 

 

 

 

                      RANDOM PACK BONDING IN THE STORY


 
CUDDLING » The famous puppy piles. Touch and scent are the most important things for werewolves. Since werewolves are also territorial, they like to know what's theirs. Cuddling is like showing affection and unison without words. 
SCENTING » Again: werewolves are territorial. Scenting is basically making someone smell like a werewolf. Werewolves are especially caring and territorial when it comes to the human members of the pack; scenting a human member of the pack give them protection against other, strange werewolves, reminds everyone that this human belongs to a pack. 
CLAIMING » Claiming can be done by touch. It can be a bite - an Alpha claims their betas by giving them the bite that transforms them. But claiming is also a way of "tagging" a person; showing that someone belongs to a werewolf. Might sound a bit creepy because it's basically like putting a stamp on your book with your name on it, but instead of the book it's your skin, and instead of a name it's werewolf's teeth, but werewolves like to show other wolves who their mates are, for example. Some werewolves like to think that ual is a manner of claiming.
TOUCH » Besides some heavy cuddling, werewolves are simply tactile and touch is very important for them. Touch can be reassuring, give them more strenght, can make them feel comfortable, can soothe their nerves, especially when it comes from a pack member. Shoulder squeezes, light touches, hugs, nudges, playing footsie, ruffling hair, sparring, it all ranks as bonding.
MATING » Happens when both the human side and the wolf side of a werewolf has a special feeling for another person or another werewolf. In the past, mating was only really mating once a couple has had ual , now it's not necessary to be a mated pair, but the opinions vary in different packs and areas. Once a werewolf founds a mate, they can't fall in love with another person, but there are situation in which a werewolf can have two mates - for example, when their first mate dies. 

 
 
 
 
      

  
 
 
 

                                    
 
 

Werewolves have super strenght, heightened senses of smell, sight and hearing. Their healing is fast and they can only be killed with a silver bullet to the head,  by burning or by being electrocuted long enough. They can also be killed by being poisoned by mistletoe or, especially, wolfsbane.

 

  
layout designed and coded by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes