Late

Will You Smile For Me?

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_mrSbz1eCI (play it as you read) ^^

 

It was a cold Thursday afternoon. Classes just ended and you got the highest score on the English exam. It wasn't anything new. After all, you were a straight A's student.

You were walking along the Seoul High corridors when you decided to switch your route and pass by garden to relax. You got really frustrated about that English test, so you wanted to treat yourself. Chaerin was busy hanging out with other friends she was "closer" with.

You sighed and carried your heavy backpack.

===

Your heart leaped when you reached the garden. It was beautiful at night, but much more in the morning. And no one was there too.

You sat overlooking the lake. It was such a beautiful place. You were deep in thought when you remembered you had Pepero* (stick biscuits covered in chocolate) snacks inside your bag. You took one out and ate a stick. Being a Seoul High student was harder than you imagined. Academics were okay, but when it comes to the people, it wasn't. Everyone started to hate you from the start. Your achievments were nothing here if you didn't have the money. 

"You okay?" ^^;;

You got startled. "oh, it's you!" ^^

Kikwang stood there, wearing his school uniform just like everyone else. You have never seen him in his uniform until now. He scratched his head. "can I sit here? ^^"

You raised your eyebrow. "you changed suddenly, Kikwang-ssi. Did you hit your head or..?"

"If you don't want me here I can go and -" 

"No it's okay, Kikwang-ssi." you patted the ground. "you can sit here beside me ^^"

you snapped a photo of the lake using your cellphone. "it's really peaceful here. How did you find me?"

"Yah Kim ____, it was just a coincidence!.." he said defensively. 

You chuckled. "you don't get jokes, do you?" you offered him a Pepero stick. " here, have some, Kikwang Oppa ^^"

Kikwang took the stick and split it in half. he popped one in his mouth. 

Both of you talked like you have known each other for years. You felt really great when you were with him. You felt really safe and...happy.

A cold breeze blew and it made you shiver.

Kikwang took off his jacket and put it on you. "there. so you won't get cold."

You declined. "but, how abot you?" you said with a mixture of concern.

"It doesn't matter. As long as you're okay, I'm okay.." ^^ he replied.

-silence-

"uhh, look Oppa, let's take a picture of that bird. It's really pretty" ^^ you said. you were trying your best not to blush.

Kikwang ruffled your hair and smiled. "ok, Let's go take a picture of it ^^"

                                                 tumblr_lnl0ohaM411qcv9d7o1_500.png

Doojoon quietly watched the two figures huddled together by the lake. He planned on congratulating ____ and bringing her to the ice cream shop afterwards, but he was too late.

 His right hand formed into a fist. But then, he saw her smile and heard her laugh.

With a heavy heart, Doojoon turned and walked away silently, with his hands now buried deep inside his jeans pockets.

 

===

thanks for reading & for those comments ^___^  

(I really like the song in this chapter, what do you think? ^^)

please look forward to the other chapters! ^^~ kamsahamnida