001

Conceal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stood outside the tall black gate, mentally calming and reminding yourself to stay alert at all time once you step inside the academy. One wrong step would mean the end of you and your family. The stakes are too high and you just can't risk it.

Since several decades ago, hunters were meant to chase and find people that were like your kind, those with supernatural powers. Your people were seen as different. It would have been okay if the different was a good different but obviously it wasn't. There was the period of mass massacre of your kind which eventually led to the few remains of families hiding from the hunters. One of them was your family. Bestowed with the gift of telekinesis, your family used to be one of the honoured families with great power.

The people of your kind had expected your family to rise and defend your own. However, your father knew it would be futile as the hunters had already eliminated too many of your kind. A fight would only lead to more bloodshed and loss of innocent lives. Thus the decision was made to spend the life hiding away from hunters' quarters and from normal civilians. Basically, life wasn't exactly smooth sailing but it was passable until your brother, Sungjong, went missing.

Sungjong was sick of living a life of hiding uptill the point where he resented his own powers and live in self denial by constantly pretending to be a normal person. There were many times that you had noticed sungjong and your father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter