Roommate

Cold Night

"Wait, what?" Mark stared at the manager, as did the others in GOT7. They all didn't fully comprehend what had just been said. They were all currently sitting in the lounge of the dorm. Sighing, the manager repeated the message he had been trying to relay to them for the past ten minutes. 
"It will be announced officially tonight, just wanted to give you guys a heads up! Jackson will be on the new season of Roommate! This is a big chance for you guys to get more attention!" Yet even he had said it for the hundredth time, all he got were six pairs of eyes blinking at him in confusion. Jackson, who had been sitting next to him, remained silent, that wasn't really helping the situation. Speaking of Jackson, now the six pairs of eyes looked at the Hong Kong member, as if waiting for an explanation. He just shifted in his seat, uncomfortable under all the attention. 
"When will he be going?" JB woke back to life first, asking carefully. "He is to start filming tomorrow!" the manager seemed to cheer up now that someone was talking to him. However, Mark suddenly got up, face unchanging and left the room with Bambam and Youngjae right after him and Jackson sunk further into his seat, the manager faltered, it wasn't the reaction he had been expecting. He had expected them to be excited about it...
"Don't worry, thank you for telling us!" JB broke his thoughts, he was happy to see the leader still acting normal. Nodding the manager added, "Make sure he packs some decent stuff and have the bags at the door when I come tomorrow, I need to head back to the office!" With that he left, Jr and JB seeing him out. 
Yuggyeom looked at the wilting member opposite him, "Hyung... why did you not tell him? What in your right mind-" "Yuggyeom!" JB had returned, the firm tone in his voice silencing the maknae, "but, Jackson, you don't need me to tell you that you need to talk to him!" the pile of misery in the chair just looked at him. This was what he had been afraid of.

As he had been told a week in advanced, he didn't know how to react. Sure, it was a big chance for GOT7 but then a split second later he had realized that it meant moving out of Mark and his room. And he felt something in him die a bit. At the time he had been sitting across from the PD of Roommate and representatives of both SBS and JYP, he couldn't refuse. So will all the strength he could muster he put on a big smile and welcomed the idea. After that he hadn't been able to listen properly, the talk of the filming and who else would be cast didn't interest him, his thoughts were elsewhere. 
Mark and him had been a team since the beginning, being the English speakers they had stuck together, shared everything now a room, not even in his wildest dreams had he thought he'd have to move out. They had been together now for a good while, they had a solid relationship.
How was he going to tell Mark? 
He had been a coward. He was afraid how the other would react. Every time he saw the red haired, he had convinced himself, as they hugged or kisses, to tell him another time. Every time he had his finger on the call button, he had convinced himself to do it another time.  
It would most certainly mean the end to them, right? Being apart... those thoughts ghosted around in his head and always made him reconsider telling the other. And before he knew it, the manager had sat them all down and just gone and told them...
...his nightmare came true.

Mark didn't show any reaction at first, his face not changing. Jackson could barely raise his head, but as Mark left, he wanted to kick himself. Why hadn't he told him? Why? He should have been the one to tell him. Argh, this is what he got for not telling him earlier... 

On the other side, Mark was now in their room sitting there, not moving, Bambam to his left and Youngjae to his right. The maknae wore a concerned expression, not sure what to say, and Youngjae was patting Mark's back. The red haired just stared at this wall. So this was it.... what Jackson had been trying to hide from him?
He had noticed, since a week, Jackson was acting really strange around him. Every time he had hugged the younger, he'd freeze, if only for a split second. Or he'd catch him unaware by surprising him and instead of laughing it off, Jackson would look slightly out of it. Even though he tried to cover it, something was definately bothering Jackson. 

But as he had asked if anything was going on, the younger had tilted his head and said nothing. Mark wished he could believe him, but he knew Jackson just too well. Not to mention at night, when he naturally reached out to take the other's hand Jackson would flinch before responding. That had never happened before. However, Mark knew that if there really was something Jackson was hiding from him, he'd tell him in his own time, he wasn't about to push him.

It had hurt him, to hear the news from the manager and not from Jackson.  

Jackson always acted to tough, wild, and yet he too could be scared like a little child. 'Roommate', that meant, moving out, right? No Jackson? Oh, why hadn't that idiot talked to him first? He sniffed as he felt angry tears starting to form in his eyes, Bambam and Youngjae started to panic. He was going to cry! Seeing Mark cry was awful, it was like seeing a puppy cry, they started to flail around. Bambam tripped over his own feet as he went to get tissues and Youngjae, not knowing what to do, just pat Mark harder making said person raise an eyebrow at him. "Here, hyung!" Bambam practically threw the tissue box at the LA member, as he returned to his place at the other's side. Youngjae helped as he dabbed Mark's face, that brought a small smile to the red haired's face. 

"Guys, stop it! I'm not crying!" "But but the tear-" "It's okay," as if to prove a point Mark rubbed his eyes, trying to get those annoying tears away, "See, not crying!" The younger ones pouted simultaneously, as if. "Did you really not know, hyung?" Bambam asked after a bit of silence, Youngjae immediately whacked him over the head, "Don't bring that up! We're here to comfort him!" Mark just sighed, "It's okay, I didn't know..." The other two's jaws dropped, what on earth? Jackson hadn't told him first?! Sure, they had guessed as much as Mark left, but they didn't really want to believe it. The two had been together for a bit and were like an old married couple, to be frank. It was a shock that they hadn't spoked about it. 

"But, hyung, you know I watch Roommate, right?" Bambam spoke up, Youngjae made a movement next to him as if to remind him what happened if he said something wrong, "I don't think they stay there the whole week... so it isn't the end of the world... I'm sure you and Jackson can work things out...." Youngjae nodded in encouragement, lowering his hand, which had threatened the maknae. Mark looked at them, "Aigoo, you guys always break your heads over me and Jackson! Stop worrying! That idiot isn't getting away so easily..." With that he ruffled both their heads, grinning as they complained and wailed about their hairstyles. Hiding the fact that he was indeed hurt and scared, he just didn't want them to worry. 

Speak of the devil; there was suddenly a loud knocking at the door. Well, more of a threatening knock, like someone was about to break the poor thing down. Bambam and Youngjae looked up, Mark still had his back to the door, but as they're eyes widened he turned to look. JB was standing there, holding a teary Jackson by the scruff of his shirt, "You two, out! You in-" as Bambam and Youngjae scrambled out past the leader, he flung Jackson elegantly into the room, "Now talk!" Without further remarks he slammed the door shut. 
 Mark looked at the miserable looking lump laying on the floor, it looked back, its lower lip threatening to wobble. The LA member sighed and without saying anything he made space on the mattress, patting the place next to him. 
There was a pause, before Jackson very slowly crawled over to him, pulling himself up right and sitting next to the red haired. 

They sat like that for a bit. 
Jackson's shoulder's drooping.
Mark staring at the wall once again.

After a while, the older spoke first....
"You idiot..."

A/N: sorry quick chapter, will go into more about this subject next chapter, >3< hope you like it