Ch. 8 - Helping

More than One Shot[Hiatus]

 

Chapter 8 - Helping

 

“So… How was the first date?” Alex, who was currently laying on her living room floor, lowers the book that she was currently reading. She then turns her head to look at Daehyun and Youngjae, who were scrolled across the couch. “It was nice.” Alex says smiling. Youngjae raises a brow. “Just nice? That’s it?” he asks.

“Well, only thing we did was sit in the park and talk. Then go eat at the café.” Alex states. Daehyun sighs. “You guys are cute… but boring.” he states. Alex raises a brow. “It was the first date. What did you expect us to do?” she asks. Daehyun tilts his head to the side. “Actually… I don’t know. You both do have enough control to not speed through the bases.” he states.

“Agreed. But like no first kiss or anything?” Youngjae asks. Alex shakes her head. “Well, he kissed me on the cheek a few times and held my hand. But other than that, no.” she informs.

“Oh, well Yongguk has more self control then I thought.” Daehyun says.

“Why do you say that?” Sitting up, Alex looks at Daehyun.

“Because, I would have thought that he would have at least kissed you on the lips by now.”

“It’s only been like three weeks.”

“Exactly. Three weeks longer than what I thought.”

“Is it not that much of a surprise. Is it?” Alex asks looking at Youngjae.


“Well… Since you’ve known Yongguk, have you actually paid attention to Yongguk when he talks to you?” Youngjae asks. Alex blinks. “What do you mean? Of course I do. I’ve had plenty of regular full conversations with him.” she states. Youngjae nods. “I mean while looking at him face to face.” he says. Alex nods slowly. “Yeah… I mean usually we’re sitting next to each other or something. But there’s been a few times where we were facing each other.”

“Okay, well, next time you have a face to face conversation with him, watch his eyes.” Youngjae states. Alex tilts her head to the side. “Why? I mean, I’ve never seen him look anywhere else. His focus stays on my face.” she states.

“That’s the point.” Daehyun states. “Yeah, they stay on your face. But where on your face?” he asks. “He likes your lips. We’ve all caught him staring multiple times.” he states. Alex blushes as she brings a hand up to . “What? Why?” she asks. Youngjae shrugs. “You have pretty lips. That and he obviously wants to kiss you.” he states.

“Well, if he wants to kiss me, then he should just kiss me.” Alex says, lowering her hand. Daehyun sighs. “Alex, how unromantic are you?” he asks, though it came out more as a statement.  “You don’t just kiss someone. You have to make sure the mood is right.” he states. “That and he probably didn’t know if you’ll be okay with it or not.”

“Maybe you should kiss him.” Youngjae suggests. Alex immediately shakes her head. “Noooo, I can’t do that.” she states, blushing again as she looks down at the floor. Daehyun lets out a small laugh. “Getting all shy now, are we?” he asks making Youngjae laugh. Youngjae looks at her. “So, do you want to kiss him?” he asks.

Alex looks at him. “Well, of course I do. He’s Yongguk.” she says. “But I wouldn’t be able to initiate It.” she states lying back down on the floor. Daehyun tilts his head. “Why not?” he asks. Alex grabs the book that she had sat next to her. “Because he’s Yongguk.” she states. The two boys laugh. “Your logic is flawless.” Youngjae replies. In response, Alex sticks her tongue out at the two before raising her book to her face.

“Lexi, me and Jongup are home.” Only having read two lines in her book, Alex shrugs as she bookmarks the page before closing the book again. Sitting up she throws the book on to the table near her as Zelo and Jongup walks into the living room after taking off their shoes. The two greet the others before sitting down in front of Alex.

“Lexi, Jongup has a question for you.” Zelo states. Alex looks at her brother before turning to their friend. “What’s up, Lunar?” she asks. Jongup looks at Zelo, who nods to him. “Ah, well…” Jongup starts. “The school… the festival is… coming up.” he states. Alex nods. “Oh yeah. I hear for the dance team, you got a solo stage. I haven’t told you congrats yet.” she says.

Jongup gives her a small smile. “Thank you.” he states. Alex tilts her head. “Now, what about the festival?” she asks. “What can I do for you?” she asks. Jongup opens his mouth to speak. Zelo nudges him when he doesn’t say anything. When he just looks down at his hands, Zelo sighs. “He wants to do a duo for his stage.” he informs.

Alex slowly nods. “Oh, okay.” she says. “But what does that have to do with… Oh…” she stops looking at Jongup. She then looks back at her brother who nods. Standing up straight, Alex then looks back at Jongup. “Alright Jongup. Ask me.” she states.

The two still on the couch look at each other. “Wait, what does he want?” Daehyun asks. Alex looks at him. “He wants me to be his partner for the festival.” she states. Youngjae tilts his head. “Well, just answer him if you know what he wants.” he states. Alex shakes his head. “Nope. Jongup knows that if he ever wants something from me, he needs to ask.” she states. Zelo looks at them. “It’s a deal they made to help him build up confidence when speaking to others… Without being too awkward.”

 

“Now, Jongup…” Alex starts. “What would you like to ask me about?” she asks looking back to the boy.

“Ah, well…” Jongup starts. He then lets out a sigh before looking up at her. “I… was wondering… if you could, uh, be my partner for the festival?” he asks.

“But I’ve never told you guys that I danced.” Alex replies.

“Zelo has.” Jongup states. “And he’s always going on about how great you are.”

“Oh, so then you just trust Junhong enough to take his word for it.” Alex states.

“Well, yeah…” Jongup says with a shrug. “That and he thought you would say that, so he showed me a few videos from when you were on the dance team in high school.”

 

Alex turns and looks at her brother, who just smiles in return. “I’ve been waiting to show someone.” Zelo states. Alex rolls her eyes before looks at Jongup. “Alright. I accept.” she says. Jongup’s eyes widen as he stares at her. “What, really?” he asks.  Alex raises a brow at him. “Jongup, what was our deal?” she asks.

“To help with speaking to those who are outside my comfort zone, if I ever need help with anything, I have to ask you face to face personal. And you will do what you can to help.” Jongup reveals. Alex nods. “Exactly. And I can help you with this. I wasn’t participating in anything for the festival. I was just going to go and watch you all.” she states.

“Thanks so much.” Jongup says. “I didn’t want anyone else as my partner. So, I’m glad you’re able to accept.” he adds smiling. Alex’s face softens at his open mouthed smile. “Aw, you’re so adorable.” she says. She then leans forward and pulls Jongup into a hug. “It’s like having another little brother.” she adds as Jongup lets out a small laugh.

“Hold on now, if this hug for adorable little brothers, then it’s only fair for me to be included.” Zelo states making the others laugh as he moves over and hugs Jongup from the side. Daehyun shakes his head before looking at Youngjae. “Your family is weird. I’m used to it, but I just like to state it out loud sometimes.” he says.

Youngjae smiles. “Yeah, and it’s the reason you all stick to us.” he says. He then turns to the three on the floor as he stands up. “Now, to carry out a tradition that we’ve been doing since younger.” he starts moving over to the three. “Family dog pile!” he shouts before tackling the three, making them fall over.

 

~~

“So, you didn’t ask her on a second date?” Himchan asks. He and Yongguk were currently walking down the street toward the Choi residents. “How can I ask her if I don’t even know when we both have time?” he asks. Himchan sighs. “You don’t say a specific date. Just leave the thought out there that there will be another one.” he states.

Yongguk shakes his head as they walk up the porch stairs to their targeted house. “We’re dating, so of course there’s going to be another one.” he states. “But I also don’t want to ask her if I don’t have a plan for something yet.” he adds. Himchan scoffs. “Yongguk, you had a number of things planned even before this whole thing started.” he states as he knocks on the door.

Yongguk smiles. “I know. But I think have to think of which one I can do next.” he says. Hearing a muffled, ‘it’s open’ the two make their way into the house. “I’ll go over the options with you later.” Himchan volunteers as they take off their shoes. Yongguk nods in agreement before following the other to the living room. Though once they turn into the living room, the two comes to a halt. “What are you guys doing?”

Still in a dog pile, the five look up from their spots the best they could. Jongup was laying under everyone else on the bottom. Youngjae was laying across him, followed by Zelo, Alex, and Daehyun. “Family dog pile. Want to join?” Daehyun asks. Himchan tilts his head. “Join? You all are probably squishing Jongup. Are you okay under all them?” he asks.

Jongup nods. “Yeah, I’m good.” he states. “They’re not as heavy as it looks.” he states. Yongguk raises a brow. “Not as heavy.” he repeats. “That’s probably because of different directions that they’re all laying.” he states. “Or you’re just stronger than you think and can probably do a push up with all them over you.” he adds. “You think you can?”

Jongup tilts his head to the side a bit as he thinks. “Maybe. Should I try?” he asks. Before anyone could answer yes, Himchan stops them. “Please don’t.” he states. In return, Jongup looks confused as the others laugh. “Maybe next time Jongup.” Daehyun says removing himself from above everyone else and standing up. “Himchan doesn’t have the mental capability for that right now.” he states laughing as he helps the others up.

 

~~~

 

A.N.: And an udpate. It's odd, I have literally this whole story planned out. But on informational chapters like this that I need to place in between other chapters as support, I always get stuck on what to write during it and making sure that it's the same length as a regular chapter. I want chapters like this to help give more background information about the characters, but I also want it to stay connected to the story. 

Writer's trouble. Or maybe it's just me. XD

But anyways, thanks for reading.