Ch. 2 - And It Begins

More than One Shot[Hiatus]

Chapter 2 - And It Begins

 

“Hey Alex.” At the voice, Alex turns away from Yongguk and to the man who was stopping in front of them. She then smiles. “Hey Junho.” she greets. “How was work after I left?” she asks. Junho shrugs. “It was good. We finally got all the forms done. If they’ll finally hire more people, we’ll be good.” he states. He then looks at Yongguk. “Oh, hello.” he greets.

Alex looks at Yongguk before looking at Junho. “Ah, Junho, this is Yongguk. Classmate and friend of my brother.” she introduces. Next to her, Yongguk smiles. “What? Just brother’s friend?” he asks. Alex feels him move next to her and before she could blink, she feels his warm breath against her neck. “I’m pretty sure we’ve established the official status on our relationship now.” he whispers into her ear, but they knew Junho could hear also.

Alex feels a shiver go down her spine as a blush rises on her cheeks. She looks down to hide her reddening face. Smiling at the response, Yongguk looks up at Junho. “Bang Yongguk; I’m Alexandria’s boyfriend.” he introduces himself. “You’re Junho. I think I’ve seen you around campus before. Park right?” he asks. Junho nods slightly. “Ah, I thought you do look familiar.”

“Yeah, I think we have a class or two together. Also, you’re one of the few employees that decided to stay loyal to the company that Alexandria works at.” Yongguk states. “Alexandria told me that more than half of the employees quit. It’s good to know that there were at least some that believed enough in their leaders to stay through the hard times.” he says. “I hope all of you who stayed got bonuses, raises, or something.”

“After some talking, I was able to get us that.” Junho states. Yongguk tilts his head. “You have that much influence that your job?” he asks. Alex looks at Yongguk. “Well, Junho is the boss’ son.” she says. Yongguk looks at her with a raised brow. He then looks back at Junho. “Ah, that’s cool. At least you don’t seem like one to use your relations with in the company to hold power over someone else.”

Junho shakes his head. “As if my parents would even allow that.” he says. “We try not to work that way. Work Life and Personal Life are two seperate things.” he adds. He then looks at Alex. “So, I thought you weren’t dating anyone.” he says. Alex shrugs. “At the time I wasn’t.” she states. Yongguk smiles. “But now she finally decided to give in to her true feeling.”

Junho looks at Yongguk then to Alex. “Well then, will he be coming to the picnic with you?” he asks. Alex tilts her head. “Picnic?” she asks. Junho nods. “The company one that they told us about last week.” he says. Alex lets out a silent ‘oh’. “Actually I was going to bring my brother with me.”

“Well it’s a family and friend picnic so the more the merrier.” Junho states. “You can even bring your group of friends. I’m even inviting some of my own from school.” he adds. Alex nods. “Really? Thanks, they’ll really like that. Where and when is it at again? I have the paper at home but I could add it in my phone now so I won’t forget.” she says pulling her phone out her pocket.

“Actually it’s here in this park.” Junho informs. “It’ll be next month on the 12th and it’ll be around 2pm. And I believe it’ll last until around 8pm.” he says. “That’s why I’m here today. I was put in charge of finding the perfect place in the park for the picnic to be setup at.” he adds. A second later, a ringing goes off.

Pulling his phone from his pocket, Junho looks at the screen. “Oh, the person I’m to meet is here.” he says. “I’ll see you at work or school, Alex. Nice meeting you Yongguk, see you around.” Junho says with a little bow. He then turns pressing a button on the screen of his phone and putting it up to his ear as he walks away.

“Well that went better than I thought it would.” Alex says once he’s out of hearing range. Yongguk looks at her. “Did you see the looks he was giving me?” he asks laughing. “I don’t think he likes me too well. And I thought I made a good first impression.” he says. Alex turns to him and smiles. “Thanks for helping me. But are you sure about this? You’d have to keep this role going for a few weeks or so.” she says. Yongguk shrugs. “It’s all good.”

“Ohhhh, look at what we have here.” a voice calls. The two looks up to see two boys walking toward them. One had blondish brown hair; the other who was slightly shorter than him had light brown hair. “Hey Daehyun, Jongup.” Alex greets them with a small wave. As the two stop in front of them they look at each other then at the pair sitting.

“So, what’s going on here? Huh? Something that we should know about?” Daehyun asks with a raised brow. Jongup tilts his head. “I know a few people who aren’t going to be too happy about this.” he says. Alex looks to Yongguk, noticing that they were still in close proximity. “You guys know I’m sending this to Zelo, right?” Jongup says as he raises his phone and takes a picture.

Yongguk and Alex look up at him right when he takes another picture. “Yah! Don’t go sending stuff without all the information.” Alex says. After a few seconds, Jongup looks up from his phone and to her. “Too late.” he says with a small laugh. Alex looks at Yongguk. “You know he’s going to come for us right?” she asks making Yongguk let out a laugh.

“So when did you two start dating?” Daehyun asks. Alex looks at him. “We’re not.” she replies. Yongguk looks at Alex. “What are you saying honey, no need to hide our relationship from our friends anymore.” he says before looking back at the boys in front of them. “We started last month on the 4th.” he says. As Daehyun and Jongup looks at them with raised brows, Alex looks at Yongguk with wide eyes.

Yongguk lets out a small laugh when Alex slaps him on the arm. Yongguk then looks up at the two standing. “Remember that guy that’s ‘crushing' on her?” he asks. “Well, he’s here. And I’m her boyfriend, making sure he doesn’t try anything funny with my girl.” he states nodding his head in the way that Junho went. Daehyun and Jongup looks in that direction before letting out identical ‘oh’s as they start understanding the situation.

“Yeah, but you still know Zelo isn’t going to be too happy about the closeness.” Jongup says. Alex sighs. “I know. I’ll talk to him when he come home later.” she says. “Oh so, want to go to a picnic?” she asks them. Daehyun tilts his head. “Picnic?” he asks. Alex nods. “Yeah, my job’s holding one for family and friends on the 12th. And you guys are invited to come.”

“How did we get invited? And isn’t that the one you’re going to with Zelo?” Jongup asks. Yongguk looks at him. “Well Junho decided to be nice and invite me then invited you guys stating the more the merrier.” he says. “He was trying not to seem rude. But the look on his face said it all.” he states.

Daehyun looks at him. “Oh I know what you mean. He gave me a few dirty looks the times I walked with Alex at school or to and from work.” he says. Jongup looks at Alex. “I heard about this guy. Were you nice to this guy or something?” he asks making the two others laugh. Alex sighs. “Okay first, no I wasn’t any nicer to this guy than I am to anyone else.” she says. “Secondly, why does everyone ask that question? Junhong asked me that too when I first told him. Am I really that mean or something?” she asks looking around at them.

“Well, it’s not so much that you’re mean.” Daehyun says. “It’s more of the fact that sometimes you seem like the unapproachable type and you like to threaten people... A lot.” he states. Jongup nods. “Yeah, until someone gets to know you then we know you’re cool and a little goofy.” he says. Yongguk looks at her. “If it makes you feel better Alexandria, just know that I love you for you.” he says making Daehyun and Jongup laugh.

Alex hits Yongguk on the arm once again. “You’re going to have fun with this aren’t you?” she asks. Yongguk smiles. “Don’t you know it.” he says. Jongup looks at Yongguk. “You know, you’ll benefit from this too.” he states. Yongguk looks up at him. “Huh? How?” he asks.

“It might get rid of Jihyun.” Jongup states. Daehyun nods. “Oh yeah, I didn’t even think about that.” he says. Alex tilts her head. “Jihyun?  Do you mean Nam Jihyun?” she asks. Jongup and Daehyun nods to which Alex frowns.  “What do you have to do with Nam Jihyun?” Alex asks looking at Yongguk.

Yongguk sits back on the bench. “Oh, she’s one of my ex-girlfriend.” he states.  Alex blinks. “Really? I don’t get how someone could date her. Every time I talk to her, I get the urge to knock her head off her shoulders.” she says. Daehyun shakes his head. “I don’t know why you two don’t get alone.”

“Hey, she started it. She’s the one who came at me first and I don’t know why.” Alex says. “One top thing I remember is that one day she picked a fight with me when I was picking Junhong up. I also remember talking to Yongguk about something…” she states. She then stops before looking at Yongguk with wide eyes. “You were dating her around that time, weren’t you?”

Yongguk nods. “Yes, I was.” he states. Alex looks at Daehyun. “Okay, that’s the answer right there. That’s why she doesn’t like me now. Still don’t know about before that.” she says and Daehyun nods. “Yeah, should have told you, but I didn’t have the heart to.” he says. Jongup raises a brow. “Wait, why? Just because you were talking to her boyfriend?” he asks. Daehyun shakes his head. “No, because Alex was flirting with her boyfriend.”

Jongup looks at Alex with his brow still raised. Alex nods. “That’s right. After I got to know you guys, there were times where I would flat out flirt with Yongguk. I don’t know why, it just happened naturally. I didn’t know he was dating anyone. If I did, I wouldn’t have flirted, I swear. I thought that Jihyun was just one of those randomly groupies who was around because I never really seen her hanging out with you all a lot.” she states.

“Nah, she really didn’t like hanging out with us. She said it was boring for her.” Jongup says. Alex looks at Yongguk. “But that was a while ago and I swear I’ve seen you dating someone else like half a year ago.” she says. “So, what does Jihyun have to do with anything?” she asks. Yongguk looks at her. “Oh because she’s trying to get me to start dating her again and to marry her.”

“Interesting.” Alex says just as a ring sounds off making her look down at her phone. “Oh, that took longer than I thought.” she says. Daehyun look at her. “Zelo right?” he asks. Alex nods. “Yeah, he’s telling me that he’s on his way home, so meet him there.” she says laughing. “He says to bring Yongguk. And he put a frowning smiley icon. He’s adorable even when he’s mad.” she says showing them the message.

“Make sure to explain before he starts full out ranting. You know you can’t stop him once he starts.” Jongup says as Alex turns her phone back to herself. Alex nods. “Oh trust me I will.” she says. “I don’t need him anymore mad than he probably already going to be.” she says pressing a few times on her screen. She then looks at Yongguk. “Are you really sure you want to do this?” she asks. Yongguk nods.  “Don’t worry. I started it, so I’ll see it through.”

“Okay then. Take a picture with me?” Alex asks. Yongguk blinks a few times before nodding, understanding what she meant. “I guess if I’m going to do this, I’m not leaving any probable holes that can break it easily.” she says. Daehyun tilts his head in confusion. “How could a picture help?” he asks.

“I’ll show you.” Alex says. Turning slightly away from Yongguk, Alex outstretches her arm, raising her phone slightly above her head level. Turning and sitting forward, Yongguk slides his arm off the back of the bench, lowering it to wrap around Alex’s waist. The two smile up at the phone as they hold up the peace sign with their free hands. After taking the picture Alex lowers her hand as she saves the picture into her phone.

Alex then turns until she was facing Yongguk. “One more?” she asks. When Yongguk nods, Alex holds up the phone in front of them. As the two look to the phone smiling, they move together until their faces were pressed side to side. After taking the picture, Alex lets out a small laugh. “I’m pretty sure this is the first time I’ve done this with anyone.”

“Well, aren’t you two just adorable together?” Jongup teases as the two move to sit in their original positions. “So what are you going to do with the pictures?” he asks. Alex looks at him and smiles. “Just a second.” she says looking back down at her phone. The three guys watches as she fiddles with her phone for a minute.

Once done, Alex turns the phone toward them. On the screen was the two pictures, under it was the caption, ‘It isn’t about finding the perfect person. It’s about finding an imperfect person and seeing perfection.

A minute later her phone beeps followed soon by another one. Turning the phone back to her, Alex looks at Yongguk. “Your sister just liked the picture. So get ready to be interrogated when you go visit.” she says. Yongguk looks at her. “I’m going to first try settling with Zelo, then I’ll deal with my family.” he says.

Jongup looks at Alex. “I’m interested on how Zelo will act.” he says. “But only because I remember when he started hanging around us more, he told me that Yongguk was close to one of the types that you date. But you never dated them long for some reason.” he informs. Alex sighs. “That kid just tells everything.” she says.

“I’m sure he has mixed feelings right now.” Daehyun says. “Tell me how he reacts.” he adds. Yongguk looks at him. “What? Not going to come along?” he asks. Daehyun shakes his head. “Of course not. I am not about to get more involved than being a bystander and watcher. But to help, I’ll fill in Himchan-Hyung for you. Youngjae too, you don’t need two family members after you.”

“Oh, he just sent me another text to come home.” Alex says looking at Yongguk. “I guess we should go. An agitated Choi isn’t one to be left waiting.” she says standing up. Yongguk nods, following in action. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” he says. Daehyun and Jongup nods. “Have a fun dinner.” Jongup says with a small laugh.

As Alex waves bye, Yongguk takes her other hand, leading her toward the park’s entrance. The other two watches as they leave the park before turning to each other. “Are you thinking of how this is going to turn out like I am?” Daehyun asks to which Jongup nods.

 

----

And there's Part 2.

Well writing, I had to think of others to add, and one of the people who I decided to add was Jihyun. I'm not really a fan fan of 4Minute, but I watch them from time to time. And Jihyun did catch my eye when I watched her along side ZE:A's Hyungsik on The Romantic & Idol. Some how her character turned out to be placed as the Main character's rival. Why? I don't know.

Anyways, hope you like this chapter. Thanks for reading.