Ch. 6 - Group Project

More than One Shot[Hiatus]

 

Chapter 6 - Group Project

 

“Oh I just thought about this, this might be a little awkward.” Alex says. She was currently walking down the street alongside Himchan. Himchan looks at her. “You’re just now thinking about that?” he asks. “Him, his ex, and his current girlfriend together in the same room. And at his parents’ house, on top of that. Of course it’s going to be weird.”

“Yeah, why are we going to their parents’ house? I swear Yongnam and Yongguk lived in their own place.” she says. “Or am I just crazy?” she asks. Himchan nods. “Yeah, you are crazy.” he laughs making Alex shake her fist at him. “You’re right they do. But they have some housework that Mama Bang needs their help on since Papa Bang is at work. That and once Mama Bang found out that you two were dating, she constantly kept asking Yongguk to bring you over.”

“And if they’re going to be here, why not just do both in the same place instead of having to rush from one place to another.” Alex states. Himchan nods. “Exactly. Good thing though, we’re at his parents’ house so she won’t try to start anything. Well you know at least not while we’re in the house.”

Alex nods. “Yeah that’s true. Even if I don’t like her, I can even tell you that Jihyun isn’t that rude.” she says. Alex then looks at the boy next to her. “Oh, so why didn’t any of you tell me that she was dating Yongguk?” she asks.

“Hey, we thought you knew.” Himchan says shrugging.

“You are such a lair. You knew I didn’t know.”

“Yeah I did.”

“You, Daehyun, Youngjae. You three are just setting people up.”

“Hey, in my defense, I couldn’t bring myself to stop you two.”

“What? That makes no sense.”

“Yes, it does. My best friend looked so happy with someone. And only thing you two were doing was talking.”

“But he shouldn’t be flirting, he was dating someone. Flirting can lead to cheating. And you know my whole situation about that.”

“Yeah there’s a chance that it can. But come on, I know Yongguk and you know Yongguk. We both know he would never go over the line like that. If I thought that he would even slide a toe over that line, I wouldn’t have even let him flirt with you so freely.”

“…Well that true.”

“Yes, it is. Just trust us. We know what we’re doing.”

 

Alex looks at Himchan with a raised brow, making him laugh. “Okay, most of the time, we know what we’re doing.” he says. Alex smiles. “I’ll accept that answer for now.” she says laughing. Coming up to a small lavender colored house, the two walk up onto the porch, and knock on the door. It didn’t take long for the door to open, revealing a smiling Yongnam.

“And the last of our group arrives.” he greets. “Welcome.” Yongnam says as he steps out the way to let the two into the house. As the two take off their shoes, Yongnam shuts the door. “We’re not late, are we?” Alex asks. Yongnam shakes his head. “Nope, actually, for some reason, everyone decided that they should show up early.” he says.

The two follows Yongnam down the hall until they reach the dining room. Gayoon and Jihyun was current sitting at the table. “Hello.” Himchan and Alex greet as they walk into the room. The two moves to the table, choosing to sit across from the two at the table. Alex sits her items on the table across from Gayoon, as Himchan sits his things across from Jihyun.

“Okay, I’m sure we’ll get in trouble if we don’t greet her.” Alex says. “Where’s Mama Bang?” she asks. Yongnam motions for the two to follow him. “I think she’s still in the kitchen.” he says making his way out the room. Himchan and Alex once again follow him down the hall. “Ma?” he calls.

The three arrive in the kitchen to see it empty. Yongnam frowns. “Where’d she go?” he asks. Walking across the kitchen, Himchan looks out the window above the kitchen sink. “Found her. She’s outside.” he says pointing out the window. The three walk over to the door, walking out into the back yard.

“Mama Bang.” Alex calls out as they walk toward her, sitting in front of a small garden. The woman turns around, a smile immediately going across her face when she spots them. “Alex, Himchan.” she greets. Standing up, she dusts herself off as she makes her way over to them. “Took long enough to visit.” she says hugging them.

“Great to see you two.” Mrs. Bang says. She then looks at Alex. “And you, little Miss.” she says. “Chose Yongguk huh?” Mrs. Bang asks. “Why not Yongnam?” she asks. The three in front of her laugh. “Because I like Yongguk.” Alex answers. Mrs. Bang smiles. “I saw the video. Way to make him embarrassed.”

“Oh, thanks. Encourage giving me a hard time.” The four turn to see Yongguk walking across the yard. Walking up to them, he stops in front of Alex. Leaning down, he kisses her on the cheek and smiles. “Hello, my dear Alexandria.” he greets. Alex smiles back at him. “Hello, my Honey Yongguk.” she greets back with a small laugh.

“Aren’t you two just so cute?” Mrs. Bang says. “See, you should have listened to me the first time Yongguk.” she says making her way to the house. Alex raises a brow. “First time?” she asks looking at Yongguk. Yongguk looks back at her before letting out a nervous laugh. “It’s nothing.” he says before immediately following his mom back to the house.

Alex then turns to Himchan and Yongnam. The two hold up their hands in defense. “Hey, if he’s not going to say anything, I’m not going to say anything.” Himchan says and Yongnam nods in agreement. Alex frowns. “Why do you all keep doing that?” she asks as she follows the two into the house.

“I’m going to find out everything.” Alex says as they walk through the kitchen and down the hall. The three makes their way back to the dining room. Joining Jihyun and Gayoon at the table, the three sit down; Yongnam taking the seat on the other side of Gayoon.

“Okay, Yongguk will be joining us in a second. So why don’t we get started.” Yongnam suggests. Nodding in agreement, the group pulls out their copies of the book that they’ll be doing their project on. “Okay, so has anyone thought of how we could work on and do the presentation?” Himchan asks. Alex raises her hand.

“For working, I was thinking that we can split up the work in the beginning. The different sections that we have to cover are Characters, Relationships, Setting, Plot, Connection to Real Life, and Meaning.” Alex says. Jihyun nods. “I actually thought the same thing. We can start doing the sections individually. Then we can come together and review it all and connect it.”

“We’ll have to decide who’ll do what section.” Yongguk says as he walks into the room. He takes the open seat on the other side of Alex. “We could pick numbers or something to chose, so we won’t have to fight over who does what.” Gayoon says. “But since we are doing the sections individually, we should make sure that if we believe that something if important enough to be put in a different section that we inform whoever is writing that section.”

“Maybe what we should do is while going over the book, we can jot down notes and during our next meeting, if it falls into a category that isn’t our, we can give that section of the note to the other person.” Himchan states. “Agreed?” he asks to which everyone nods.

 

~~

“Okay, so, read what you can tonight. Tomorrow, if she gives us time for the project, we can go over the chapters we all did read and share notes.” Himchan states. The other five at the table nods. And with that they all begin to pack up their things. The group moves to the living room to say bye to Mrs. Bang before walking to the front door.

Alex looks at Himchan. “I’ll say this went well.” she says as they put on their shoes. Himchan looks at her with a small laugh. “Yeah but this is just the first meeting.” he says as they walk onto the pouch. “And we’re here. So there’s really no other way it would have turned out.” he says. Alex sighs. “Yeah, that’s true.”

The two waits on the pouch as the others put on their shoes. “Now, next meeting, we’ll see.” Himchan says. Alex nods as she leans against the pouch’s railing. “I’m actually glad we had the first meeting here. It’s nice seeing Mama Bang. Even though it wasn’t really us spending time with her.” she says. “Too bad Papa Bang wasn’t here.”

As if on time, the sound of a car nearing makes the two turn to see a black car pulling up into the driveway. “Speak of the devil.” Himchan says as the car turns off and the door opens. The man that stepped out wore a suit and looked like an older version of the twins. “Papa Bang.” Alex greets as she follows Himchan off the pouch.

Turning from the car, the man smiles at them. “Himchan, Alex. It’s been a while.” he greets. “Especially you Missy.” he says as he hugs Alex. “But we’ll be family sooner or later, so now you have a reason.” Mr. Bang says. Alex lets a blush go across her face. “Ah, isn’t it a little too early to think about that?” she asks.

“How about letting us go on our first date before going ahead and planning our future wedding and family.” The three turns to see the other four walking off the pouch. The four stop next to them, Gayoon and Jihyun greeting Mr. Bang as they do.

“I actually thought that I would be able to make it home before you all left. But I wasn’t able to get back earlier.” Mr. Bang says. Gayoon looks at him. “Maybe we could have another group meeting here to see you two again.” she suggests. Mr. Bang nods. “That‘ll be great. Make sure you all do that.” he says. “I’ll see you all next time okay?”

As they nod, Mr. Bang takes his leave, walking to the house. The six outside look at each other. “Okay, so since it’s late, how about I walk you two home?” Yongnam asks, turning to Gayoon and Jihyun. The two nods. “Thanks. We’ll see you three tomorrow in class.” Jihyun says to the others. With that, the three start making their way down the street.

“I think she was hoping for you to be the twin to take her home.” Alex says once the three was out of ear shot. Himchan and Yongguk looks at her. “What? I’m just saying. She might have been nice enough to say bye to us. But that didn’t stop the glare she had on her face when she just looked at Me.” she says.

The other two shakes their head. “Anyways,” Himchan says taking his phone out his pocket. “I’m going to stand off to the side for the moment because Yongguk has to ask you something important.” he says. Himchan pushes Yongguk forward as he steps back. Alex smiles when Yongguk looks at her. “So will you be nervous this time too?” she asks.

Yongguk lets out a sigh. “Never going to let me forget these moments, are you?” he asks. Alex shakes her head. Yongguk lets out another sigh. “I have it this time though.” he says with a small laugh. Letting out a breath, he connects eye contact with her. “Alexandria, Monday we don’t have classes, so I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date with me.”

Alex lets the smile on her face grew bigger. “You’re trying so hard not to blush, aren’t you?” she asks. Yongguk face palms as Alex laughs. “Why don’t you ever answer me the first time?” he asks. Alex shrugs. “It’s fun to see this side of you. To others you usually give off that confident aura. So I’m happy to see this side of you.”

“So will I be taking this as a yes?” Yongguk asks. Alex looks at him and smiles. She then takes a step closer, closing the distance in between them. “I’ll love to go out on a date with you.” she says before leaning up on her tiptoes a little and kissing him on the cheek. “Just tell me what time.” she says with a small laugh as a blush goes across Yongguk’s face.

“Aw, and that’s Chapter 2 of this budding romance.” The two turn to see Himchan lowering his phone. Yongguk blinks. “You did not just film us.” he says. Himchan nods. “Oh, yes I did. Hey, how else are your kids going to know the great romance of their parents?” he asks. Yongguk looks at Alex as the three begin to walk down the street. “Is it just me, or is everyone already seeing the future that we aren’t?” he asks.

“Oh, that’s nothing. Just make sure Daehyun and Youngjae don’t get a hold of you. They’ve been thinking about it waaayyy too much.” Alex says. Laughing, Himchan nods. “They have too much time on their hands. Looking at other’s relationship instead of focusing on their own.” he says. With raised brows, Alex and Yongguk look at each other.

“You’re one to talk.” Alex says. “How’s the progress with Jongup?” she asks. Himchan frown. “Progress? It hasn’t even started yet.” he says. Yongguk shrugs. “Just give him time.” he says. Himchan looks at him. “Time? I’ve been giving him time since we started high school.” he says. He then sighs. “Maybe he’s just not as interested as we all thought.”

Alex shakes her head. “I doubt that. I mean come on it’s Jongup, he still has trouble confiding in Junhong about this.” she says. Himchan sighs. “I know how he is. That’s why I’ve waited even now. But I’m getting tired of waiting.” he says. Yongguk places a hand on Himchan’s back. “How about this, don’t worry about it and let us handle It.” he says.

“You two?” Himchan asks. Alex shrugs and nods. “Yeah, with the help of a few people, we’ll get the ball rolling.” she says. When Himchan looks at her with a raised brow, Alex smiles. “Don’t worry. We know what we’re doing…” she says with a small laugh. “Most of the time.”

 


And that's Chapter 6 for you all.

Thanks for reading my story. ^_^