Ch. 5 - Close

More than One Shot[Hiatus]

Chapter 5 - Close

 

Alex lets out a small yawn as she walks out of her classroom. She looks up at the clock on the wall before making her way down the hall. “Hey, Alex, wait up.” Slowing down her pace, Alex looks over her shoulder to see Junho walking over to her. Alex gives him a small smile as he falls into step next to her. “So how do you think you did on the test?” Alex asks. “I’m pretty sure that I got at least a C.”

“Same here, I’m not sure that we actually learned some of the things on there.” Junho says with a small laugh. As they walk out the building, Alex looks at him. “Oh, I have to ask you, do we have to bring anything to the picnic?” she asks. Junho shakes his head. “Nope, everything will be supplied by the company. So don’t worry about it.” he says.

“Okay, and have an official time been set up?” Alex asks. Junho nods. “Yeah, I’ll be talking with my parent after school about the time. They just have to finalize it. So before leaving work, everyone will be given the final information flyer for the picnic.” he informs. Alex nods. “Even better. Then I can post it in the house to keep as reminder.” she says.

“So what time do they have you coming in today?” Junho asks. Alex looks at him. “I’m going in right after classes. I want to finish the papers that I was working on.” she says. Junho nods. “Oh, the last report that you finished, I wanted to talk to you about It.” he says. Alex nods. “Sure, it’s lunch break, so I have the free time.” she says. “Have you talked to Hyuna yet, she worked with me on the report.”

“Lexi!” A voice calls before Junho could say anything. The two turn to see Youngjae running toward them. “Hey Jaejae.” Alex greets, smiling as he stops in front of them. “What’s up?” she asks. Youngjae smiles. “I have come to get you.” he says. Alex tilts her head. “For what?” she ask. Youngjae raises a brow. “Well, you’re eating lunch with us today aren’t you?” he asks. “Yongguk said you was.” he adds.

“Hey, I never told him I would.” Alex says. “Plus, I was going to go sit with Hyuna and Gayoon, I haven’t seen them since break started.” she says. Youngjae smiles. “Well then that covers it because they’re sitting with us today.” he says. He then looks at Junho. “Would you like to join us?” he asks.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to impose.” Junho says. Youngjae shakes his head. “Of course you won’t. We share friends.” he says. “It doesn’t make us friends but it does make us acquaintances. And we have no problem with you. So you’re welcome to sit with us.” Youngjae then loops his arm with Alex’s, pulling her forward and Junho follows.

The three make their way across campus to one of the many dining rooms. Greeting others as they walk pass them, they make their way into the dining area. “There they are.” Youngjae says. Alex and Junho turn in the direction that he was waving to see the regular four and Yongnam sitting at a large rectangle table with others. “Ah, so Yongnam decided to join the table today.” Alex says.

“Hey Alex, Junho, Youngjae.” A cheerful voice greets. Hearing the voice, Alex smiles as she turns toward the person. “My pretty baby, Hyuna.” Alex greets as a girl with shoulder length black hair walks over to her. Alex hugs her making the girl laugh. “How was your break?” Alex asks as they step apart.

“It was great. I actually ran into Hyunseung on the trip and ended up spending one of the days with him.” Hyuna says with a small laugh. The four join the line to get lunch before making their way to the table. “Did you take a lot of pictures?” Alex asks. Hyuna nods. “Yes I did. I work today, so I’ll show them to you when I get there.” she says.

“Hey all.” Youngjae greets as he sits down at one of the end seats that was next to Daehyun and Hana. Junho and Hyuna walks to the other end of the table, sitting down next to Jihyun. “Ah, I see how it is, leave me with no seat.” Alex says making the others snicker. Sitting her food on the table between Daehyun’s and Yongguk’s, she pats Daehyun on the shoulder. “Scoot over, I’ll share the chair with you.” she says.

“What? Why with him and I’m right here.” Yongguk says. Moving his chair back, Yongguk takes hold of Alex, pulling her down so that she was sitting on his lap. Alex opens to say something as she turns to face him. Her words immediately disappear as she realizes the closest between their faces.

“Am I still taking your breath away?” Yongguk asks smiling as he wraps an arm around her waist. A blush goes across Alex’s face as she slaps him on the arm. “Yah, warn someone.” she says lowly, looking away from him. Yongguk just lets out a small laugh before turning to Himchan, who sat on his other side, and talking to him. As everyone starts different conversations around the table, Alex looks at Daehyun.

“He doesn’t want me to share a chair with you, but he wants me to sit on his lap.” Alex says. Daehyun looks at her and nods. “Yeah, Yongguk gets jealous like that.” he says with a small laugh. Alex raises a brow. “Over sharing a chair?” she asks. Daehyun nods. Youngjae looks at her. “You should have seen his reaction the first time.” he says.

At Alex’s confused look, Daehyun smiles. “Remember last year when you sat with us because you had a project that you needed Youngjae’s help on?” he asks. “That was the first time you shared a chair with Me.” he says. Youngjae nods. “Yeah and the small rant Yongguk went on after lunch was weird and hilarious. He was jealous then, and if you did it now he would be even more jealous.”

Alex shakes her head. “Why can’t I share a chair with you? You’re my best friend.” she says. Yongguk turns his head to the three. “And that’s actually why I don’t like It.” he says. “Currently he’s the closet to you. Youngjae doesn’t count because he’s family.” he adds. “You are now dating me, so I want to be the closet to you. Whether it’s emotionally or physically.”

“Wow, you are very possessive, aren’t you?” Alex asks. Yongguk smiles. “Oh you have no idea.” he says. “And when it comes to you, I want you to be mine and mines only.” he says. Yongguk then kisses her on the cheek before turning back to Himchan. Blushing, Alex looks at Daehyun and Youngjae.

“What did I tell you, Alex.” Daehyun says. “It’s only been two weeks and he’s already trapping you in his romantic web.” he says with a small laugh.

 

~~~

“So what are your plans for the rest of the day?” Alex asks Daehyun as they walk down the street. Classes were finally out and the two were on their way toward their respected jobs. Daehyun sighs. “I have none. I work all night, today.” he says. “Someone called off so they asked me cover for them. I hate this job.”

Alex looks at him. “Why don’t you quit then?” she asks. Daehyun sighs again. “I will, once I find another one first. I can’t be broke and jobless.” he says. Alex shrugs. “You should join Yongguk. You know you have a beautiful singing voice. Any company would love to have you on their line-up.” she says.

Daehyun smiles. “Thank you. And I will, but only if the others join too. You know I can’t leave my Baby Jae.” he says. Alex lets out a small laugh. “Yeah I know. But you guys would make a great idol group. Think about it. I’ll be the #1 fan.” she says. Daehyun laughs. “Yeah, the #1 fan who’s dating the leader.”

“Hey, we’ll keep that a secret for a while until the day comes that we actually have to reveal it.” Alex says putting a finger up for her lips. Daehyun tilts his head. “You really think we could be a great group?” he asks as they stop walking in front of an office building. Alex nods. “I’ve seen you all show your talents individually. It’ll be awesome to see it all together as one.”

Daehyun nods. “We should totally pitch this idea to Yongguk then.” he says. “We can always do a demo of one of the songs that he wrote.” he adds.  Alex nods. “Remember that. We should try discussing it with him soon.” she says holding up her hand. Daehyun smiles. “Agreed.” he says hi-fiving Alex. “I’ll talk to you later.” As Alex walks into the building, Daehyun continues walking down the street.

 

~~~

“Sorry Junhong. I had to finish up some things.” Alex says into her phone that was up to her ear as she walks out of her work building.

“And they make you stay an extra hour and a half to finish?” Zelo’s voice asks.

“Who else was going to do the work? Remember we’re still low on people.” Alex says as she leans against the wall.

“Well they need to hurry up and find more people. I think they’re over working you.”

“No they’re not. I wasn’t the only one who stayed later.”

“Who else did? Was it Junho? Did he try something?”

“Yes, he stayed but so did Mina. And he did nothing so calm down. I don’t want to be alone just as much as you don’t want me to be alone.”

“You’re off now; want me to come get you?”

“Nah, you’re already in bed right? I don’t want you to get up and dress again.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, just go back to sleep. Okay?”

“Oh, hey, I got it. Just wait a couple of minutes okay?”

“Huh? Junhong just go back to sleep.”

“I will.”

“Then why should I wait?”

“Just do it. Please?”

“Fine. I’ll wait. You have until 11.” Alex says.

“Yep. Night.”

“Night.”

 

Alex scratches her head. “Wait, so he is he coming to get me or not? He’s so weird.” she says as she hangs up her phone. Placing it in her pocket, Alex sighs. “Oh Alex.” Looking up, Alex sees Junho walking out the building followed by a girl with long brown hair. “What are you still doing out here? Do you need a ride?” Junho asks as he locks the building doors.

Alex lifts herself off the wall. “No, I’m good. I’m actually waiting for my brother to pick me up. I think. I promised him that I would call him when I get off.” she says. Junho shrugs. “Well I’m about to take Mina home, so if you want I can drop you off too. It would ‘t be a problem.” he says. Alex shakes her head. “It’s okay; he told me to wait.”

Junho nods before turning to Mina. “I’ll go get the car. Mind waiting a minute?” he asks. When Mina shakes her head, Junho heads to the parking lot that was located around the back of the building. Once Junho was out of sight, Mina turns to Alex with a smile. “So I see Junho is still trying to get with you.” she says.

Alex sighs. “It’s not going to happen.” she says. Mina tilts her head. “What? Really? He’s a great guy.” Mina says. Alex shrugs. “Yeah but I’ve never seen him in that light.” she says. “Plus I now have my own babe.” she says smiling. Mina raises a brow. “What? And I’m just now knowing about this? Who is he? Do I know him?”

Alex shrugs. “You should. You’re just a year over us. It’s Yongguk.” she states. Mina looks at her with wide eyes. “Oh wait, you’re the one dating Bang Yongguk?” she asks. “Yongnam was hanging out with my group the other day and told us.” she reveals. “Are you really dating him? Or are you playing tricks.”

“What? I can’t have someone like Yongguk?” Alex asks with her cheeks puffed out. Mina lets out a small laugh. “It’s not that. It’s just I didn’t know he was your type.” Mina says. Alex shrugs. “Well he’s a little weirdo that always caught my attention from time to time. Especially once Junhong started constantly hanging out with their group.” she says.

“Speaking of their group… What’s been going on with Youngjae?” Mina asks. Alex shakes her head as she lets out a small laugh. “Mina, I keep telling you, you can’t have him.” she says. Mina lets out a laugh and shrugs. “I know that. But I’m surprised that there are still some who try.” she says. Alex snorts. “Yeah, good luck with them getting him out of Daehyun’s hold.”

“Daehyun still haven’t taken a step forward?” Mina asks. Alex shakes her head. “Nah, he’s still afraid of how estranged things could get if Youngjae said no.” she says. Mina looks at her. “Youngjae does know he likes guys right?” she asks. Alex nods. “If he doesn’t, he could be even denser than Daehyun.” she says.

“All the boys know each other’s gender preferences.” Alex says. “Only confused one is Jongup.” she says. Mina tilts her head. “It’s that the little one that’s usually with Himchan?” she asks. Alex nods. “Yep, and that’s why he’s confused.” she says with a small laugh. Mina nods. “Yeah, Himchan is a gorgeous one.” she says.

“Why are you hanging out with all the pretty people? I need to spend more time with you in school.” Mina says laughing. Alex smiles. “Lady Mina, you can hang out with whoever you want and you can fit in.” she says. “Me, only those who I’m with now like me enough to hang out with me. That’s why they’re stuck with me for life now.” she laughs.

“My lovely Alexandria, I would gladly be stuck with you by my side for the rest of my life.” The two turn toward the deep voice to see Yongguk approaching them. Wide eyed, Alex blinks. “Yah, what are you doing here?” she asks. Yongguk smiles as he stops in front of her and pulls her into a hug. “I told Zelo that I wanted to walk you home from work one day. And he decided to call me tonight.” he explains.

“Well aren’t you two adorable.” Mina says. Alex looks at her and smiles. “Why thank you ma’am for noticing my cuteness.” she says. “I guess he does help the look too.” she says making the other two laugh. Mina looks at Yongguk. “So, are you coming to the picnic?” she asks. Yongguk nods. “Yeah, Junho invited the group to come.”

Mina raises a brow. “Really, Junho?” she asks. Yongguk nods. “I don’t think he wanted to. But he was trying to be nice.” he says. Mina nods. “Seem right.” she says. “Well, since you’re going, make sure to bring your brother too.” she says. Yongguk tilts his head. “I thought you were after Youngjae.” he says.

Mina shrugs. “Hey, I’ve always had my eye on Yongnam. Plus as Alex said to me earlier, for Youngjae, I’ll have to go up against Daehyun. It’s just a small crush plus I can’t beat him. But I’m positive that I have a chance with Yongnam.” she explains. “I like being with Yongnam.”

“See, now you can play matchmaker with you brother.” Alex says looking at Yongguk. Yongguk smiles. “It is fun playing matchmaker if I know it’ll work.” he says. “I’ll think about it.” he says with a small laugh. He then looks at Alex. “You’re all set to go right?” he asks. Alex nods. “But I don’t want to leave Mina here by herself, so let’s wait a second until Junho comes around with the car.”

As she finishes saying that, a car comes from out of the parking lot and stops in front of the three. “And here we are. I’ll see you two around school tomorrow.” Mina says as she walks up to the car. Getting in, she waves to them before shutting the door. A second later the car pulls off. The two still standing there, watches as the car disappears down the street.

Alex then turns to Yongguk. “So, you’re going to be my tonight.” she says. Smiling, Yongguk looks at her. “Yes I am.” he says taking her hand into his as the two start their way down the street. “Can’t let my lady walk home alone with no protection. Call me whenever you’re off. I’ll try to always be available to walk you home.”

 


So, I didn't realize that I haven't updated this story in forever. I thought I post all the chapters I've had wrote already. But apparently not. That or I just work these afterward(mostlikely)... Anyways.......

2016 was a very eventful year for me to say the least. Starting with two car accidents, the first one a week after my birthday(January), luckily i wasn't in my car, someone hit it when it was parked in front of my house. The second one happening a week after that. Unluckily, I was in the car this time, on my way to work. But the only three lucky parts about the accident is that no one else was in the car with me; I was in a rental because my car was still being fixed(lucky for me, not the rental place); and that the accident wasn't my fault(sadly some people still doesn't understand that drinking and driving don't mix).

For a little under a year I've been dealing with back pain, hospitals; medication; doctor appointments; physical therapy; lawyers; medical leave; depression; unpaid bills; etc.

So yeah, it hasn't been the best year for me and I've tried to stay as positive as I can about everything. But going from two jobs to being at home laying in bed staring at the ceiling, it was difficult to say the least. Depression hit me multiple times throughout this whole thing and sometimes I feel like it'll hit again. And in general during times, life to me was just...eh...

But, I've just recently finished what I hope is the end of my medical treatments. So trying to get back positive and I'm trying to get back into writing all my stories. I've even posted the other Yongguk story that I've been working on longer than this one.

So thank you all for sticking around and reading my story. I really do appreciate it a lot, thank you.