CHAPTER 1

MY LOVE, MY FATE

ANNYEONG. HERE IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO MY STORY, IF YOU LIKE IT SUBSCRIBE, IF YOU LOVE IT UPVOTE   ^^


 

          --------------- 5 years ago ---------------


 

    You’re running along the hall of your school, so fast as if your life depended on it. Guys stand to watch your long wavy hair bouncing as you kept on running, some guys even take a photo of you as you run. “Wow, isn’t my girl hot?” asks a guy with the same blue uniform, black hair handsome features. “When did she become your girl?” asks another, with a cute feature making him look like a girl. “ well she’ll be in couple of minutes.”  He grinnes, “ Hyung, keep your hands to yourself you don’t know what you’ll bring to yourself especially when her parents own half of the school” he warns.  “Chicken.”  Teases the other guy with black handsome features.

You’re THE popular girl in your school. not just popular, you have everything a girl wishes for, you’re smart, beautiful, rich, guys drool over you (even fight), and even have a hot brother .Your every girl want to be.

“Excuse me?” he asks, more like steps in your way to get your attention. “emm?” you hum, eying him with the gaze that says hurry up, tapping your feet. “emm, I just wanted to ask…” he hesitates “ what?” you ask, your patient running out.

As a 16 beautiful girl you lacked one thing, ‘patience.’ you hate waiting. Well you can say it runs in the family. When you were 8, you begged to get a Barbie doll. Not that you didn’t own any, but you had a collection of them always dragging your brother to play house with you. You wanted another pair of doll for your brother, you wanted him to have his own pair of dolls not just toy cars. Well that time the chauffeur had a lot of your blabbering when he came back from the shop “Ajussi, wae. You were late, I missed playing with Yongie Oppa” you complain, you weren’t the spoiled type, but still ‘he came late.’ “aigoo, lady Serin kwenchana, I’ll buy you lollipop to make it up to you.” he promises, grinning at your cute big little eyes eying him with hope. “But don’t tell mommy.” You whisper his grin gets wider. This patience of yours runs out almost immediately when something is promised, or if you plan on doing anything, must be done, NOW.

“emm…” the guy continues. You eye his uniform finding his name on his right chest. “Kevin, please tell me quick I got to be somewhere.” you say, your gaze saying ‘I’m going to leave, if you don’t spit it out’ the guy suddenly asks “Are you Korean?” “yep.” You answer “me too, it’s nice to meet a fellow country girl.” He smiles, “ok~…” you say confused, ‘is that what he wants to ask about?’ you ask yourself “emm…” he trails off again. You got annoyed and voiced out your mind “spit it out!” you command, surprised by yourself you try to correct your impoliteness “sorry I meant to hurry up” you bow along your apology “no, no, I’m sorry, I just wanted to say…” he trails of again “I like you” he blurts out. Surprised by his confession, you just say the first thing that comes to mind “I still believe boys are idiots.” Inwardly adding ‘Except my hubby.’  You bow apologetically trying to move he steps in your way n takes out a heart shaped box “ if you can’t accept my heart at least accept this.” He gives you the box, and walks away.

 “uni, uni.” you call out, barging in the science room, everyone’s eyes on you. “Uni”, you start. “Hey, keep it down” Yerin scolds. “Sorry” you bow to the guy next to your best friend. You and Yerin have been best friends since you guys were born, she was a few months older but still the same age, since your parents knew each other and even are neighbors it became easier to become friends. Some people even confuse you two as fraternal twins (well you do act as twins), and your names makes you guys seem related. “uni, guess what!” you exclaim, “What’s that in your hand?” she ignores you and eyes the bag in your hand “oh, this. Some guy asked me to give this to you saying he LIKES you” she exaggerate the ‘LIKE’ “oh, that always happens through you” she replies “what did you say?” she asks “I said you were still in the mind set of believing boys are idiots” you shrug lying since she never received these letters you wanted her to believe your saying that she was as popular and not just Serin’s best friend. “Who is he?” she asks “uhm, just some guy.” You answer, “Hey, don’t cut me off! I wanted to tell you something important” you pout, “ok, what got the Goddess of the school jumping up her feet, AGAIN” she asks with an eye roll and an exaggerated ‘AGAIN’ “hey, I’m not a Goddess!” you exclaim again. Fuming. Sure you were pretty but you hated being called like that it seemed like they judged you through your looks not what was inside. “Sorry” she says sarcastically “We passed the audition” you say ignoring her “What?” she says, not happy but surprised. “What audition?” your brother joins in the conversation.

Your brother is care free the funniest and best brother you can ever ask for, sure he was over protective but still sweet. Well you control him most of the time. “umm…” you trail off. “The school project.”  Yerin blurts, you had your eyes wide and nod to what she said. “Hey, how did you know, we were here?” you ask hopping to change the subject. “You made it on our school SNS, AGAIN” he states giving you his knew smart phone he recently bought (or made your dad bring). “THE SCHOOL’S GODDESS RUNNING” was the title, you roll your eyes suddenly being sick of the word Goddess. You scroll down to see the comments “OMGF, she’s so HOT!” one exclaims, “GOD, she’s .” One says “I’m jealous” one confesses “where is she going?” one asks and it’s your brother. “running to the science room.” One answers. You gave him his phone back being bored off all the attention just because you ‘run’. “So what were you guys doing?” asks your brother. “Nothing. Just discussing” you answer, sitting close to the guy Serin was talking too. “umm, I have a favore to ask” your brother trails off hoping you’ll answer “That’ll be an airplane ticket to Korea” you blurt. “Come on, she’s really cool” “who is it this time?” you ask, “She’s the daughter of the  Mayor of Texas. She’s the new transf…” “that’s not what I meant” you cut him off “I meant what’s her name?” “oh, it’s Kemy” he answers “She’s really hot and cute. Can you make excuses for me, please” he begs. “You know Mom is coming to pick us up later, so what am I gonna do if she barges In or asks the school if there is asignments going on?” you ask, “AISH, mom” Seyong scratches his hair in frustrestion. “Oh, speaking of your mom” Yerin interupts “ I gotta go to dad’s company, he said there’s some work for me, and your mom is waiting for your dad there to go to the hopital together, so me and your mom are going together at around…” she looks at her watch “NOW!” “Omo, how time runs fast” she says while grabbing her things  “cover for him I’ll try to keep your mom late” she smiles and runs of after giving you guys a hug. “Aish, who am I gonna hang out with” you sulk “You got me”, Seyong smiles “what ever, you have to personally make my bed for a week” you order “hey what about the maids? It’s their job!”he exclaims “well I like it when you suffer” you say, shrugging “Meanie” “Minie” you snap, laughing.

                                                                                           *

 --- after school----

“Mom, what’s wrong?”, you ask worriedly “is something wrong with the baby?” “A-ni,” she chockes “Do you want to go with me?” she asks “ What’s wrong, Did the doctor say something? How come you came early?” “no, you should probably stay here, right?” she whisperes “don’t worry about me.” She says sniffing. Her eyes are red, red as in spicy red. Her eyes are swollen, it seems like she has cried for sometime “mom…” she hugs you “don’t worry, I just wanted to see you” she says “I have to go somewhere, go home without me” she says “ where is Seyong?” she asks “ umm… He has an assignment due to tomorrow he’ll be late” you cover up “Always an assignment, right?” she smiles. You warily nod your head hoppping you weren’t caught “I love you” she says “ I love you too,mom” you answer. “I gotta go.” She says and walks off.