Side Story: Lovesick

Dangerous Connection

It had been a couple weeks since Jin had last seen Namjoon. He was a little disappointed that the boy hadn’t stopped by his office, he’d really been looking forward to seeing him again.  With a sigh he continued shuffling the papers in his hands, resisting the urge to throw them in the air.

“Jin, stop.” Nana turned to him, snatching the papers from his grasp. “You’ve literally done nothing but sigh and mop all week.”

 Jin realized that his behavior had put pressure on his intern. She had been picking up his slack for a week with no complaints. Until now, anyway. “Sorry Nana, I’ve been a terrible role model and I’m sorry.” The red haired man laid his head on his desk.

“What am I going to do with you?” The purple haired girl shook her head. “You should just go home, I’ll let them know you aren’t feeling well or something. It’s not like you’re going to get anything done anyway.”

“Hmm...okay.” The man lazily got up from his seat and shoved some documents into his brief case, hoping he’d at least be able to get some work done at home. He nodded to his intern before leaving his office. Maybe I’m just over thinking it. Jin had been lost in his thoughts and didn’t hear a voice calling out after him.

“Jin! Earth to Jin!” He finally heard the voice and stopped.         

“What’s with you? I’ve been calling your name for like three minutes now!” Jungkook angrily stomped his foot.

“Oh hey, Kookie.” Jin didn’t really feel like dealing with Jungkook right now. Please go away. “What can I do for you?”

“I’m bored. Everyone is too busy for me!” Jungkook pouted at Jin, hoping he’d agree to do something with him. His friends had been ignoring him and he didn’t like it. He didn’t like it one bit.

Dammit, I can’t say no to that face. “Wanna come to my place? I can set up the Xbox.” Jin hoped the boy would agree to that because he wasn’t in the mood to talk a lot. Usually he’d be overjoyed to hang out with Jungkook, but today he was tired and moody with no patience for anyone’s bull.

“Yes!” The boy’s eyes had brightened as he grabbed for his friend’s arm. He dragged the red haired man with him and Jin didn’t protest, allowing Jungkook to drag him to his car.

It didn’t take long for the pair to drive to his house. Jungkook had beaten him to his door. “Hurry up!” The boy was excited to play with Jin. He hadn’t seen him in a while and even though he was six years older than him, the younger boy enjoyed his company. Jin always spoiled him and he loved all the attention. Kookie really didn’t like being ignored.  

“I’m coming, don’t get your in a bunch.” Jin sighed and walked faster. Sometimes you’re such an impatient brat. He locked his door and the boy skipped in happily, plopping down on the couch.

“I’m hungry, Jin.” Jungkook whined. Why isn’t he spoiling me? Jin loved entertaining people and he also loved making food for his friends. It was weird for him not to offer anything to a guest.

This kid, I swear... “Okay, all you’re getting is ramen though. I don’t feel like cooking.” He placed his briefcase down, pulling out a pot to start boiling the water.

Jin doesn’t feel like cooking? “Are you okay, Jin?” Jungkook had gotten up from his spot on the couch to stand next to his friend.

Jin let out a loud sigh. “No, not really.” He pulled out two bags of ramen and turned to face the boy.

“Then tell me, I’m here for you.” The younger boy patted his friend’s shoulder.

“Well…it’s about that guy, the blonde one. He stopped in my office a while back.” Jungkook cut his friend off.

“He came into your office?! Wow, that’s great Jin.” He was totally missing the point, as usual.

“Yeah he did and I walked him to his class because he was lost.” Jin exhaled. “His name is Namjoon and I told him he could stop by my office if he needed anything.” He paused, noticing his water was boiling over. Quickly turning the heat down before a fire could start, he put the ramen in. Is he even listening to me?

“Maybe he hasn’t needed anything.” Jungkook was being logical, something that Jin was avoiding at the moment.

“Yeah, but still….” I thought he was in to me… The man quietly stirred the noodles.

Oh. Did I say something wrong? “But then again, maybe he will need something soon and stop by.” Jungkook had felt bad for making his friend feel worse about the situation. It seemed like he really liked this mystery guy and he was only trying to help.

He’s right. But I still don’t like it. Jin finished cooking the ramen and pulled out two bowls for them. “Go sit down. I’ll bring the food.”

“Hmm, okay.” He walked over and sat on the couch. “Hey Jin, let’s watch a movie.” I hope it will take his mind off that guy. He didn’t like when Jin acted like this. He missed the way his friend would act like a princess and get excited over cute things he and his friends did.

“Okay, what do you wanna watch, Kookie?” Please don’t pick a horror movie.

“’Something scary!” He excitedly got up and picked out a movie. Maybe if it scares him enough he’ll stop thinking about that guy. He held up the movie Psycho, a classic Alfred Hitchcock movie and smiled cutely at his friend.

Dammit! Looks like I won’t be sleeping tonight. The movie started up and Jin could already feel the fear boiling. He hated horror movies. Ordinarily he would make his friends sleep over if they insisted on watching them. Most of the time it was playing he was looking through a crack in his hands that covered his eyes while Jungkook just stared happily at the screen. At some point Jin had stopped thinking about the blonde haired man and he was thankful for his friend helping him out. He regretted not wanting to hang out with him earlier. I always forget that sometimes you just need someone to help you out and get your mind off of things…or a certain person.

At some point Jungkook had dozed off while watching the movie. His head was now laying on Jin’s shoulder and the older man’s eyes were focused on the TV. Out of nowhere a part of the movie scared the red haired man, causing him to jump.

“What’s wrong, Jin?” The boy rubbed his eyes sleepily.

“I’m never watching scary movies again.” Jin hissed at him.

“Let’s go to bed.” Jungkook nudged his friend to get up as he turned the TV off. Jin nodded and walked to his room, which the boy took as an invitation to lay on his bed.

“What are you doing?” He eyed the boy. This is my bed.

“It’s comfy.” Jungkook pulled Jin down onto the bed with him. You won’t be able to sleep without me anyways.

“Did I say you’d be sleeping with me?” Jin’s tone was a lot harsher than he meant it to be. Jungkook stared at him. Oh, that came out wrong.

“I hope you just meant sharing a bed and not ing.” The boy had a serious tone. Not that I mind.

“Watch your language Kookie! And yes I meant sleeping, you , Get your head out of the gutter.” Jin petted the boys head. Both of them fell peacefully asleep after that.

The next morning Jin woke up alone. He figured he would, Jungkook was an early riser and also had a morning class. The red haired man quickly got out of bed once he realized he slept in too late. He barely had thirty minutes to get ready and get to work, which wasn’t enough time. He got dressed in a hurry and was out the door in twenty minutes.

He ended up getting to work a half hour late. It hadn’t taken long to get there, but there were no parking spots close by due to all the students on campus that day. Jin ran to his office and walked in, pausing to catch his breath.

“Hey.” The voice made Jin’s eyes go wide.

“H…hello…Nam…Joon.” Jin was still trying to catch his breath. He’s here! Okay, Jin, calm down, it doesn’t mean anything.

“You okay?” Namjoon had a concerned look on his face. He looks attractive like this.

“Yeah, I just ran here.” The older man stopped breathing heavily. “What can I do for you?”

The blonde man’s eyes widen. “Umm uh…” I kind of just came here to see you. “Needed some advice.”

Jin eyed him suspiciously. “Alright, what did you need advice on?”

Namjoon scratched the back of his neck nervously. Let’s just get this over with. “How do I ask someone out on a date?”

What!? He likes someone…. His face fell and his smile turned into a frown. “Just be straight forward, some girls like flowers or a cute note or something, it all depends on you.”

“I like you.” It came out as a whisper.

“What was that?” Jin stared at Namjoon. Did he say he liked me?

“Oh… um… nothing, it was nothing.” He faked a smile. “Thank you for the advice!” With that, he quickly picked up his bag and left.

It left Jin bewildered. He wasn’t sure if he heard the boy correctly, but he didn’t get the answer he was hoping for. The other had just brushed it off. Maybe I was just hearing things…. He sighed again and got started on the day’s projects. This is going to be a long day.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Namjoon had gotten out there as fast as he could. He almost had a heart attack. ! I can’t believe I said that! Truth was the reason it took so long for him to go see Jin was because he had no idea what he’d even say to him. He had always been rather timid, so going out of his way to do something made him nervous. Nor had he ever had a serious relationship. Of course he liked to sleep around—guys, girls, it didn’t matter to him—but this was different. He really liked this guy.  

The blonde haired man slowly shuffled his way over to his class. He still had plenty of time to get there but he already felt like the day was moving at a snail’s pace. He wished he could make time go faster. Actually, what he really wished was he had more courage to actually tell Jin he liked him. Wait a minute. A realization hit him like a ton of bricks as he his heel, away from his class.

Namjoon ran back over to Jin’s office and busted through the door almost breaking it off the hinges.

“Um, hello again?” The red haired man had thrown his papers everywhere. that scared me.

But the other didn’t answer him back instead he stalked right over the where Jin was sitting and pulled him up. This is it. You can’t stop now.

Jin stared wide eyed at Namjoon. What the ? It was too late his heart was already racing when he felt hands cup his face forcing him to look the blonde man in the eyes.

“It’s you.” With new found confidence he kissed the man in front of him. He pulled away after a few seconds. “It’s you Jin.” Namjoon then left the office leaving a stunned Jin watching him leave. Afterwards everything went white.

He felt a hand shaking him. “Namjoon! Hey are you okay?” A concerned Jin was staring at him. His head felt like bricks had been dropped on it.

Namjoon looked around and noticed he was laying on the ground. “What happened?”

“Looks like you were so deep in thought that you ran into a pole.” Jin slowly helped the man up.

“Did I come back to see you after I left?” He dusted himself off and then looked at the red haired man.

A confused look flashed on the others face. “No...you didn’t.” What?

It was a dream? It was just a dream!? Namjoon had a hard look on his face.

“Are you sure you’re okay? At least come back to my office and let me make sure you don’t have a concussion.” He hadn’t even let the blonde man answer before he was pulling him toward his office. The other hadn’t said a word as he pulled him along.

They soon reached Jin’s office and he made Namjoon sit down. The man kept mumbling something as he checked him out.

“It was a dream?” Over and over he kept saying it.

“What was a dream?” Jin finally understood what he had been saying.

He gave him an automatic response, not even thinking about what he was saying. “I kissed you.”

“You kissed me?” The red haired man had become even more confused. What? He kissed me? Is that what he was dreaming about?

Finally Namjoon snapped out of it and realized what he just said. Oh . “I, um…well, yeah…”

“You dreamt about kissing me?” He stared right at him.

He felt his face go red as he looked down. “Yeah…kinda.” He refused to make eye contact with Jin. This is so embarrassing.

Jin watched as the man as he refused to look at him. Without thinking he cupped the blonde man’s chin and forced him to look upward. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. “You should go home and rest.” He pulled away from Namjoon and walked to his desk. Jin pulled out a contact card and walked back toward him. “Call me if you need anything.” He handed him the card.

“O…okay.” Namjoon was too stunned to give a proper answer. It wasn’t what he was expecting. His heart felt like it would burst when he felt Jin’s lips on his forehead. He slowly took the card from the man and got up. He was still in shock but somehow managed to walk out the door slowly.

Well that was weird…. At least Jin knew now that Namjoon did have some interest in him. Of course that wasn’t what he expect when he found the boy laying on the ground. It had been thirty minutes after the other had left his office. Jin’s stomach had started to grumble, reminding him that he never actually ate anything before leaving this morning. He had been on his way to the cafeteria when he saw someone laying on the ground. It was his job to make sure the students were okay. He made his way over to the student forgetting about his grumbling stomach. His heart plunged when he saw it was Namjoon. Luckily there was no blood, but he had seen too many students ran into the flagpole that stood in front of Fountain Hall. Although he was thankful to that pole or he would have never known that the blonde man liked him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Taehyung had patiently waited for Hoseok to pick him up after his class ended. It was their first official date and the orange haired boy was super excited for it. But deep down he still felt insecure that something would go wrong and Hoseok would never want to see him again. He pushed the sour feeling away as he saw his date pull up. Taehyung ran over to the car and Hoseok got out.

He pulled the orange haired boy into hug. “How was your day, cutie?”

Taehyung frowned at the other. “It went so slow…I wanted it to speed up so could see you.”

Hoseok’s face lit up as he smiled widely at the boy. “Well I’m here now! Come on, let’s go.” He opened the door for the boy and shut it after he got in.

“So what are we going to do?” The orange haired boy said as he watched Hoseok get into the car.

“It’s a surprise!” He his car and zoomed out of the parking lot.

They had been driving for an hour now. The conversation had flowed until the orange haired boy realized how tired he was. He had two classes that day and had babysat his one of his neighbor’s kids for about four hours before school. Whoever said watching a four year old would be easy had clearly lied to him. He finally fell asleep half way through the drive. Hoseok smiled happily at the snoozing boy as he pulled into their destination. He had chosen his favorite beach that had a beautiful view. The pier had a couple of rides and a Ferris Wheel that he thought Taehyung would enjoy. He wanted their first date to be perfect. He knew how insecure the boy was and wanted to show him he wasn’t the same, that he’d treat him right.

Hoseok nudged the boy lightly. “We’re here Taehyung.” The boy slowly opened his eyes and looked at the other. “Look.” He pointed to the view.

The orange haired boy followed Hoseok’s hand and his eyes widened. “Wow!” It’s beautiful. The sun was setting leaving a faint glow on the water as it rippled from the waves.

“Let’s go see it, it’s even better up close.” With that Taehyung dashed out of the car and towards the water. Aish. He’s like a little kid. The older man jogged after the boy and came to a stop at the tide line.

“Hobi you were right!” The orange haired boy’s eyes sparkle as the light hit the water. He was overjoyed. He hadn’t been to the beach since he was little but he’d never been to a beach like this.

Hoseok nudged the boy to follow him. “That’s not all.” I hope he likes it. He had asked Jimin what Taehyung liked since the orange haired boy’s friend was crashing on their couch for a while. All Jimin told him was the boy liked amusement parks. It’s wasn’t much to go off of but then Hoseok remembered that there was a pier with a ton of rides right by his favorite beach. He really wanted this date to be perfect.

The Pier came into view and Taehyung saw the huge Ferris Wheel. “Can we ride that!?” He said it a little too loudly startling the people in front of the pair. It’s so big!

The brown haired man laughed. “Of course we will, but I have something else planned before that.” He’s so cute. Hoseok lightly grabbed the boy’s hand and lead him to a quite café at the far end of the pier.

Taehyung looked down at his hand that the other had been holding. He blushed as he smiled happily. He felt so loved. It wasn’t much but every touch sent butterflies to his stomach. Is this what it’s liked to be in love? The boy smiled wider as he looked at their hands and up to Hoseok’s face. The man was beautiful. He was like a walking ray of sunshine that seemed to have no ending. It made Taehyung’s heart skip a beat when he looked down at him smiling.

Hoseok lead the boy into the small café. The host led them to a table in the back corner. It had a romantic air to it as the candle light lit his date’s face up. The waitress came and took their order. He ordered a black coffee and a piece of apple pie, Taehyung ordered hot chocolate and cheesecake. They hadn’t said a word to each other until the boy spoke up.

“I like it here, it’s nice and beautiful.” He smiled as the waitress came back with their order.

“I’m glad you like it, I wasn’t sure it would fit your taste.” Hoseok sipped his coffee. He laughed when he looked that the boy’s face. He had whipped cream on his upper lip and nose. He reached over and wiped it off Taehyung’s face with his thumb, causing the younger to blush. Hoseok the cream off his thumb. “Hmm, that’s good.”

“Thanks.” He orange haired boy mumbled as he took a bite of his cheesecake. He hadn’t dared to look Hoseok in the eyes knowing he’d just blush more. The pair continued to eat their cake and sip their coffee, making small talk.

By the time they finished it was dark outside. The Ferris wheel was clearly lit now and shined brightly. Hoseok led the way as Taehyung stared at the ride with awe. It had gotten a little chilly out and the younger boy shivered as they were loaded onto one of the seats. Hoseok pulled the boy to him and wrapped an arm around his waist.

“Better?” The brown haired man smiled down at the boy. I think I could kiss him right now.

Taehyung nodded as he looked into Hoseok’s eyes. His hearted to race when the older male looked down at his lips. Is he going to kiss me? He slowly leaned up connecting his lips with the other. Gradually the kiss got more heated.

Hoseok lightly bit the boy’s bottom lip then ran his tongue over it, asking for permission. The boy opened his mouth allowing the tongue to enter. He felt it slide over his. They playfully battled until Taehyung broke the kiss as he on Hoseok’s tongue. He bit his lip and looked up at the other almost asking if that was okay but he got no answer. Instead soft kisses were placed on his forehead, both his eyelids, then to his nose and finally back to his lips which only lingered there for a minute. Taehyung’s eyes fluttered open once again making eye contact with Hoseok. He felt overwhelmed with the urge to return the kisses. The boy leaned up placing a kiss on the older man’s forehead, traveling down to his nose and lingering for a moment on his lips before placing soft kisses down Hoseok’s chin. He made his way to the other’s ear. Playful Taehyung bit the top of his date’s ear, which earned him a low moan. Taking that as a good sign he got more daring as he ran his tongue over the shell of Hoseok’s ear, stopping to whisper into it.

“Hobi…” Taehyung’s voice was shaky as he whispered into his ear. Once again the other let out a low moan, but this time he pulled the boy’s face back to his and roughly kissed his lips.

Hoseok broke the kiss and lightly on the other’s ear. Taehyung let out a breathy moan causing the other to smile at his success. “I’ll stop here.” He whispered. The Ferris wheel jolted to a stop when they hit the bottom one last time.

They quietly made their way back to the car, with Taehyung protectively wrapped in one of Hoseok’s arms. He smiled happily and snuggled into the older male. “You’re too cute, you know.” Hoseok smiled down at the boy. You’ll always be mine.

The car ride home was quiet and once again Taehyung fell asleep. He was awoken when the car stopped. Sleepily he rubbed his eyes and looked around. This isn’t my place.

Hoseok noticed the boy’s confused look. “I didn’t know where you lived so I just took you here.” I actually just don’t want this to end.

The boy was too tired to process properly and nodded in agreement following the other into the house. It was pretty much dark except for the soft flicker of the TV. The pair walked over to the TV and saw an adorable Jimin sleeping peacefully in Yoongi’s lap while the other had his head lolled back against the couch. It was an adorable sight but Hoseok didn’t want to wake them as he turned the TV off and lead boy to his room.

They both lay down on his bed with Taehyung snuggled against him, already fast sleep. Hoseok smiled and kissed the boy’s forehead. Goodnight he thought before he joined him in peaceful slumber.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HEY! What's up! Hope you enjoyed this! COMMENT PLEASE <3 it makes me happy to see comments.

Ok so here's what the pier looked like. It's based of Santa Monica Pier

 

Can we talk about how y Hobi looks here though.