Love is you

Dangerous Connection

Yoongi stood there, bewildered. He had gotten home late that night and found a note lying on his bed, so he picked it up and read it. Jimin had left him his number. It confused him yet excited him. Why would this boy leave him a note? “Should I call him?” Yoongi had never done this before, was he supposed to call right away? Or was he supposed to wait three days? He wasn’t sure.

“Yah, Hoseok, come here!” Yoongi yelled for the man he thought would best answer his question.

“You called, Master?” Hoseok laughed and bowed.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and held the letter up. “What do I do with this?”

The other laughed more at his friend. “You call him, dummy!” He then left.

Yoongi sat down on his bed, a wave of exhaustion hitting him. He set the note back down and curled on his side, falling asleep quickly. Yet his dreams kept getting invaded with thoughts of the dark haired boy whose eyes turned into little crescents when he smiled. He tossed and turned every which way before  finally giving up on sleep, searching his dark room for his phone. He typed in Jimin’s number and stared. “What the hell do I even write…”

To: Jimin
Hey.

He turned his screen off and turned to lay back down, still clutching his phone. A few minutes later, he felt it vibrate.

To: Yoongi
Who is this??

To: Jimin
It’s Yoongi…

To: Yoongi
Oh! Hey! I didn’t expect you to actually message me ^_^

“But he left me his number… Why wouldn’t I message him? What do I even say to that?” He set his phone down and didn’t message him back. Yoongi tried hard to fall back asleep but it just wasn’t happening.

To: Jimin
I can’t sleep.

To: Yoongi
Aww why? =(

To: Jimin
Because of you.

To Yoongi:
Why me? I didn’t do anything!

To: Jimin
You keep showing up in my dreams.

 

Jimin blushed at the last message Yoongi had sent. “He’s dreaming of me?” He smiled evilly and wrote back.

To: Yoongi:
Then maybe you should come here so you’ll have the real thing instead of just dreams =p

 To Jimin:
Hmm maybe. I do know where you live.

“Is he flirting with me?” This left Jimin confused. He didn’t reply instead he just stared at his screen. The boy had been lying in bed when he had gotten the first message, totally excited that Yoongi had actually messaged him. He really didn’t think the older man would give him the time of day. Feeling sleepy he closed his eyes with a smile on his face.

Jimin woke up the next day feeling happy as he got out of bed. He stretched and walked to the bathroom, stripping out of his clothes and turning on the shower. Once the boy finished his shower, he brushed his teeth and dried his hair, pulling on his favorite Bull’s jersey and some black jeans. As he finished tying his Timberland boots, he grabbed his book bag and headed to school. His first stop was Jin’s office.

Jin!” The boy burst into Jin’s office, scaring the crap out of him.

“Jeez! Jimin, you scared me.” The man placed a hand over his heart. Jin’s intern Nana gave him a questionable look and continued to file the papers she had been working on.

“Sorry, but I have a question.” The boy set his bag down and took a seat.

“Fine, but make it short.” Jin sighed. Between the meetings, planning for the health fair, filling out paper work, and seeing students, he was exhausted. But, that was the life he’d chosen as a health educator.

 “Well, I left my number for Yoongi and he texted me so should I ask him on a date?” Jimin explained.

“First off, who’s this Yoongi?” He raised an eyebrow. He had grown up with Jimin and sure the kid had dated, but he always told him about the guys he was seeing. This time he hadn’t. Maybe he wanted to keep this relationship private, Jin respected that. He actually felt like a proud father watching his little boy grow up and become a man.

“Oh this guy I met! He saved me from being beaten up and took care of me when I was drunk that night.” Jin now looked like he was going to have a heart attack. “Ah . I shouldn’t have mentioned that part…”

“Someone beat you up? Where are they, I’ll beat them up…are you ok?” Jin rushed over to Jimin, examining him. Nana tried to hold in a laugh at her boss’s antics.

“Hey Jin I’m fine, okay!” He pushed his friend off of him. “But please answer my question.” Jimin was starting to wonder if he had made a good choice in going to Jin for advice.

“Oh, yes.” He brown haired man sat down again. “Uh…well it’s up to you. Do you think it’s a good idea? Will he treat you nice? Does he seem like the kind of person who will hold you when you cry…” Jin kept rambling on and on about the various traits he thought Jimin’s boyfriend should have.

The dark haired boy put his hand up to stop Jin from talking. “Stop please, I’ll just ask someone else.” He got up and left Jin’s office, bumping in to someone on the way out. “Sorry.” He mumbled and kept walking. He didn’t have much time to get to his class.

Jin watched the boy leaving his office. He didn’t mean to ramble on but he didn’t know the guy and it’s not like he was going to give his approval easily. He had practically raised Jimin and just wanted him to be happy. With a sigh he continued to work, deciding to worry about his friend later.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jin heard his office door open once again. He looked up slowly and almost fell out of his seat. There before him stood the man who he kept thinking about. Glancing over to his intern, he noticed she had the same look of surprise on her face. Jin had told her all about this guy and it was weird seeing him in the flesh.

The blonde man looked lost as he rubbed the back of his neck. “So, um…I’m lost and can’t find somewhere called Fountain Hall.” Jin stared at him, unable to talk. The mystery man looked back forth behind the shocked pair. “So…do you guys know where it is?”

Yes!” Jin shouted, making his intern jump in her seat. “Oh my god, Jin calm down. Relax. Breathe,  breathing is a good thing...”

“Hey Jin…I can hold down the fort if you want to show him where it is, since it can be pretty hard to find.” The purple haired girl spoke. If Jin were in to women, he would’ve kissed her and proclaimed his love for her. Thank you, Nana.

“Good idea Nana. Let me show you where it is, I’m Jin by the way.” He smiled and stuck his hand out.

“I’m Namjoon.” He shook the hand.

“Follow me.” Jin motioned for Namjoon to follow him. Breath, Jin, breathe. “So what are you going to Fountain Hall for?”

“Um well…I’m taking a class there.” Namjoon said nervously.

“Oh really? What are you taking?” He sounded just a little too excited. In, out, in, out.

“I’m taking English, I wanted to learn another language.” He smiled weakly.

“Are you nervous?” Jin noticed the way the man’s body would tense when he would ask questions. “That’s weird.”

“Yeah. I haven’t been to school in a very long time.” Namjoon sighed and slowed his pace to a crawling walk. He was nervous. He hadn’t been to school since he was sixteen and Yoongi had found him. Throw in the fact that he wasn’t good with people and you had a recipe for anxiety.  

“How old are you?” He inquired.

“Twenty three.” The other answered quietly coming to a complete halt.

Jin stopped next to him. “You’re not that old, I’m twenty six and I just finished my masters if that makes you well better.” He patted the boys shoulder.

Namjoon tensed at the feeling of his hand. For the first time he looked fully at the man next to him. He was beautiful. He had light brown hair that swooped across his forehead and round sparkly eyes. The man had on simple knitted white sweater with incredibly tight of black pants. Namjoon’s eyes wandered over Jin’s lips and up to his eyes. “You don’t look twenty six.”

“Was he just checking me out?” Jin hummed in response. “I hope that means I look younger than I actually am.” He chuckled.

“Yeah…younger…” His eyes lingered back to his lips.

“Well, we’re almost to the building, it’s the large one with the giant fountain in front of it.” Jin pointed to said building with a grin.

“Oh yeah, I have class soon.” He sighed.

“Well, you know where you can find me if you need anything…and I do mean anything.” Jin smiled at Namjoon.

“I’ll have to take you up on that offer.” He smiled back and started walking towards the building.

After Namjoon was out of sight Jin jumped up and down excitedly and squeal. “Oh my god, I talked to him! And he checked me out!” Unable to stop smiling, the brown haired man happily skipped back to his office.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jimin’s class dragged on forever. He hadn’t even bothered taking notes today and ended up zoning out for most of the class. As soon as his professor was done lecturing he rushed out of the class making his way over to cafeteria to meet up with Taehyung. Soon enough he saw the orange boy smiling happily at a table he was sitting at.

“Someone looks happy.” He smiled at Taehyung as he took a seat.

“Hobi messaged me!” He said excitedly. “Look!” He handed his phone to Jimin.

To: Tae <3 <3
Hey cutie! It’s Hoseok. <3

To: Hobi <3
Hi! How are you?

To: Tae <3 <3
I’m good just thinking about you.

To: Hobi <3
Aww. I’m thinking about you too.

To: Tae <3 <3
We should go on a date. Maybe see a movie!

To: Hobi <3
I’d like that a lot.

To: Tae <3 <3
Then it’s a date! I’ll pick you up when you’re done with your classes.

To: Hobi <3
Ok! I’m out at 3:30!! Can’t wait to see you <3

“Aww Tae, I’m happy for you!” The dark haired boy was grinning widely at his friend as he handed back his phone. “I have a question for you.”

“Okay.” Taehyung slid his phone into his pocket.

“Should I ask Yoongi out?” He asked

“Yeah, I think you should.” The boy replied. He was going of the fact that Hoseok had been so nice to him—he didn’t see why his roommate wouldn’t be the same way. Plus Jimin hadn’t been this happy in a long time. Not that he wasn’t a happy person, but he’d never seen his friend this over-the-top exciting about being with someone, and that made Taehyung happy. So he was all for it.

Jimin made a sour face. “Is it a good idea though…”

“Jiminie, I’ve known you for a long time, and I’ve never seen you like this. I think you should.” He smiled at his friend. “He makes you happy, right?”

“Yeah, he does.” He replied.

“Then go for it, I don’t think he’d say no to you.” Taehyung reassured Jimin.

“I’ll have to try or I’ll never know, I guess.” Jimin smiled.

“That’s the spirit!” He patted the dark haired boy’s shoulder.

 “Anyways Taehyungie. I have to go…thanks for the advice.” He said grabbing his stuff. “Good luck on your date!” He waved goodbye to his friend.

“Bye Jiminie, good luck to you too and don’t forget your history paper is due soon!” Taehyung called after him.

“ that’s right…I have to do that.” He sighed. School always had a way of ruining things.

Jimin headed home after his talk with Taehyung. It was light out and he was slowly getting over the mugging incident, so he had decided to walk home. As he walked he tried to formulate a plan to ask out Yoongi in his head, but couldn’t come up with anything. He sighed. “Ugh, I don’t know how to do this.” Soon enough, he was home. “Oh right I have to write a paper.” Distracting thoughts about cute boys would have to wait for now. Jimin put his stuff down and pulled out his laptop, turning it on to pull up a word document. He began typing out his paper, it had to be five pages and was about some history thing he really didn’t care about, but he had put off writing it for too long. Four hours later, he was done. The dark haired boy may have taken multiple breaks and kept daydreaming, but he was done. Plus, he could only stare at his paper for so long. “Ah, finally done!” It was now 4:30 and Jimin decided to take a nap since he didn’t have work today. He collapsed on his bed, falling asleep almost instantly. But while he had been dreaming, someone came to his apartment. During the day Jimin always forgot to lock his door and most of the time his friends would just walk in if they wanted to visit. He always made sure to lock his door at nighttime though.

He woke up when he heard a loud crashing, shooting up out of bed. It sounded like there was a whole herd of people in his apartment. Walking to his door, he peeked his head out and his eyes widened at what he saw. He slammed his door shut, instantly locking it.

“Yah, boss! I heard something. Sounds like someone is here!” He heard a deep voice call.

“Go look! Let’s find that er, we need to use him to blackmail Suga.” Jimin heard another voice call.

“Suga? I don’t know any Suga’s.” Jimin was panicking at this point. There were weird men in his home and all he knew was that they were going to kidnap him. Quickly and quietly, he shoved some of his stuff into a tote bag. He always kept one laying around in case of emergencies and he was grateful he thought ahead. Just as he opened his window, four men broke in to his place.

Jimin’s eyes widened with fear. “, .”

Get him!” A man with a snake tattoo running down his face commanded.

Jimin looked out the window. It was a long jump, there was no way he’d it. If he had just propelled himself down like he planned, he would’ve been able to. But this was too far. Minutes turned to seconds as everything slowed down. “What do I do!?” Jimin’s body started to shake.

One of the men, who had dreads, grabbed the bag hanging from his shoulder, pulling him towards them. Another punched Jimin in the face. They thought it would knock him out, but it didn’t. Instead, Jimin grabbed his back bag and swung it at them but he missed. “…”

“You’re gonna get it now, kid!” The men grabbed for him again as he struggled to get free.

No, let me go!” Jimin yelled.

“Shut up!” The snake tattoo guy plunged a knife into Jimin’s side. He cried out in pain.

“Someone save me, please…” His thoughts started to fade and he felt the men start to drag him away.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yoongi had been walking to Jimin’s place to visit him with some cookies his roommate had baked for the dark haired boy. He had told him he could come over and who didn’t like cookies? At least that’s what he thought. He had just arrvived when he heard a loud crash and yelling. “Jimin!” He dropped the cookies and ran towards the apartment. The door was open and the place was a mess, things were thrown everywhere. “No!” He searched all the rooms for a sign of life, but none seemed to be there. “Jimin!” Yoongi yelled. He ran out of the apartment and saw two men dragging a lifeless Jimin away. Time stopped. He ran with all his might. “Let him go!” The man punched one of the men while kicking him in the gut, forcing him pass out. Yoongi then landed a punch on the other’s gut, making the man double over. He kicked him until he stopped moving.  

“Jimin!” The man turned to the boy now laying on the ground. “No, please wake up!” He checked for a pulse. It was very weak and he soon noticed a blood stain on the boy’s shirt. He pulled out his phone and called the ambulance.

It had felt like hours had passed before the paramedics got there. Again, everything moved in slow motion as he watched them put Jimin into the ambulance. Then there was just darkness.

“Yoongi!” He slowly opened his eyes.

“Mom?” Yoongi wiped his eyes.

“Hey, baby.” She smiled at him and cupped his face.

“What are you doing here?” He was still shocked.

“Go back, Yoongi.” She pointed to a bright light. Shielding his eyes, he looked at his mother again. “It’s not your time yet, sweetie. Someone still needs you in the world.”

“Jimin.” He whispered.

“Yeah baby. So go back, I love you.” She then faded away.

Yoongi opened his eye, squinting because of the bright light. He two nurses hovering over him.

“You’re awake.” One of them said. “You passed out from shock, how are you feeling?”

His throat felt dry when he tried to talk. “Ji…min.” He choked out.

“Oh, the boy who came in with you! He’s fine, luckily the knife didn’t hit any vital organs.” Yoongi got up, only to be hit with a wave of dizziness. “Whoa! Slow down there, you did hit your head when you passed out.” The nurse lighted pushed him back down. “Rest some more, your friend is still being stitched up and the police will need to take a statement from him. But I’ll take you to him when he’s done.”

“Hmm.” He closed his eyes again.

He was sitting at the kitchen table watching his mom cook.

“Hey mom.” Yoongi asked

“Yeah, baby?” She turned around to face him.

“Why am I so worried about this kid? All I think about is him, but I don’t want him to be involved in my world if people keep trying to hurt him. But then my heart aches when I think about leaving him.” He put a hand on his heart.

“You must really love him, Yoongi.” She came over to him and sat down. “Baby, why don’t you leave that life behind for him?”

“I wish it was that easy, I’m a gang leader now mom.” Yoongi looked at the ground.

“Then why don’t you teach him how to survive in your world.” His mom hugged him and kissed his head. Her soft touch once again faded away.

Yoongi felt warmth when he woke up. He opened his eyes to see Jimin slumped over on his bed holding his hand. “That was supposed to be my job, I was supposed to be the one that was sleeping next to you  holding your hand...” He whispered. The dark haired boy’s body finally moved.

“Hey, Yoongi.” Jimin smiled cutely up at him.

“So cute.” It melted his heart. No, he wasn’t going to give this boy up. Never. “Hey, how are you feeling?”

“Tired and numb.” The dark haired boy gestured to his side. “I talked to the police and told them what happened. They said I shouldn’t go home until they find the guys that did this. Maybe I’ll ask Jin if I can stay with him.” The boy pulled out his phone, ready to call Jin.

“Why would he want to stay with that guy…” Yoongi felt jealously surge through his body as he put a hand over Jimin’s phone and gently took it from his hands. “You’re staying with me, I know I can protect you.”

The boys eyes turned into little crescents as he smiled. “Okay!”

“I have some important things to tell you when we get back to my place, but first lets go get your stuff from your apartment.” The man got up and pulled the other with him.

The pair took a taxi back to Jimin’s and asked the driver to wait. They rushed up to the apartment and packed up everything Jimin needed. It didn’t take long since he really didn’t need that many things, just clothes, books, some movies, and his school stuff. They walked back to the taxi as soon as the task was finished. The car ride back to Yoongi’s went by quickly and when they got there he called Namjoon to come help them move Jimin’s things, since Hoseok was out on a date.

Once everything was settled in Yoongi’s room, he and Jimin sat on the couch. The dark haired boy waited patiently for the other to talk. The other took in a deep breath. “I’m a gang leader….” He said slowly. Jimin looked shocked, he never pictured Yoongi as a gang leader. He didn’t look or act like one. “But I’m not like the rest, I don’t kill people or go after people, I’m more of rich tycoon. Think modern day Al Capone.  (1920’s mob boss)

Jimin was still too shocked to talk. Yoongi sighed and slowly got up, turning to leave. He felt a hand grab the back of his shirt. “Don’t go, it’s just a lot for me to take in…” The boy whispered.

“I know, that’s why I’m leaving…you need time to think.” Yoongi stilled hadn’t turned around. The boy got up and hugged him from the back.

“I’m not judging you, you’ll always be my Yoongi.” Jimin buried his head into the man’s shoulder.

“Yours?” Yoongi was shocked. “His?” He heart felt like it was about to burst out of his chest.

The boy let go and stepped back. “Sorry.” He said quietly. “That was too forward of me. We barely know each other.” It came barely auditable. “Dammit. I shouldn’t have said that…”

He turned to the boy and cupped his face. “Then let’s get to know each other better, okay?” He hugged the boy again. “I won’t let you leave my side, Jimin.”

It took Jimin a couple of minutes to hug Yoongi back, but the older man didn’t let go of him. It was nice. Comforting. Jimin hadn’t been held like this in a long time and tears started to pour out. “Thank you Yoongi.”

“Is that a yes?” Maybe he sounded too hopeful but all that mattered was the boy in his arms. He felt a nod again his shoulder. He let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HEY! What's up guys!? I wanted to get this next chp out before I headed off to San Fran for con this weekend. That was my attempt at angst. Haha hope you guys like it. Ahh so many Jimin feels I'm having. I finally just added him to my bias list. And then right after I excepted it I got my Dark & Wild album in the mail and got Jimin's card lol. Its a sign. xD anyways don't be silent reader dammit! I like hearing feed back even if its just like omg love it more please xD. but yeah.<3 Comment please. Oh and chapters mightbe a little slow coming out now because I have school and work but I'll try to update fast still. I enjoy writing this. ^^

Annnddddd I'm gonna shamelessly link my tumblr. FOLLOW ME <3 <3 

 

Oh I drew Yoongi's tattoo too. I got really bored at work. My boss got mad at me for drawing it xD xD