Pretend No More

MINE IS MINE

Author's Pov

Eunji cleared to break the intense glare battle between the two. Chorong seems not planning to back out while cindy balled her fist to prevent herself to pounce on her.

 

"H-hey! P-park Chorong? Right? you can take a seat" Eunji gulp once she saw the fire on Chorong's eyes and let out a sigh of relief when Chorong nodded her head and take the nearest seat next to Bomi opposite on cindy's. "D-do you want juice?" She offered but Chorong shook her head telling her that she's fine.

 

"Err..So yeah. She's been hospitalize 1 day ago because of exhaustion" Eunji break the cold atmosphere as she's trying to change the mood by talking about Bomi's condition."And she need rest for a while" She continued.

 

"Is she fine now?" Chorong ask in concern. Holding Bomi's right hand, Looking at her worriedly.

 

"Does she seem fine? She's laying in the hospital bed with a dextrose in her hand. She's been depressed. Shouldn't you know that since your'e her close friend?" Cindy states as a matter of fact, giving Chorong a cold stare.Chorong bit her tongue and narrow her yes at the girl across her.

 

"I am asking about her condition. I am not asking for a sarcastic answer from you Cindy. I am not even talking to you so please SHUT UP" Chorong emphasize the word shut up while her grip on Bomi's hand is tigthening. Eunji's eyes widen looking at Bomi's hand being grip by the two mad girls.

 

"O-oh! God! Bomi smells like a gorilla." Eunji pretended to be annoyed by Bomi's smell as she over reactingly cover her nose with her hands. Causing for the two girls to break their intense moment, looking at eunji instead."She needs to be wipe out clean and clear" Eunji immediately run to get a towel and warm water and started squeezing it with her hand.

 

"Let me do it" Cindy offered as she stand up and is reaching for the towel when Chorong steal it from Eunji's grip like a night in shining armor.

 

"Oops. My hand seems to have a mind on its own" Chorong show her toothy grin at Cindy before squeezing it and is about to wipe it agaisnt Bomi's face when Cindy suddenly spoke up.

 

"Did you wash your hands?! You need to wash your hands first before you touch her face" Cindy frown and steal the towel from Chorong's grip who seems to be so pissed right now. Eunji's eyes almost bulge out on its socket when she saw Bomi's face is wet from the towel being squeeze by the two without it even having a contact on her face.

 

"Oh Allah. Girls wait! Let me do it" Eunji hurriedly went on their direction and slowly get the towel and warm water from them. "I can handle this. Seriously." Eunji gave her force smile before she wipe Bomi herself. She can even see the glare battle happening in the corner of her eyes from each side.

 

After wiping so. Eunji took a deep breathe and her heart started raising in nervous remembering that Bomi need to change her clothes. "Urm...I-i need to change her clothes" She softly spoke up.

 

Chorong and Cindy shot each other a glance before looking at Eunji almost immediately. "I can do it!" They both say in unison. Chorong shot Cindy a murdeous glare while Cindy is not planning to back off.

 

"I am her childhood bestfriend Eunji ah. Let me do it" Cindy looks at Eunji with  determination in her eyes. Eunji have to gulp with that knowing Cindy's brave personality for a really long time.

 

"I am her current closefriend Eunji. I know her so well" Even every inch of her body. Oh how she wants to say that. Chorong has a fire on her eyes when she say so. She couldn't let Cindy see Bomi's body not even Eunji.

 

"I can do it better than you. I can dress her well since we were kids" Cindy retorted back

 

Eunji could only open and close like a fish catching its last breathe since she can't even get a chance to speak when the two is busy throwing each others a nonsense words. Since when did anyone changing a clothes of a sick person could be better than anyone else? And What did being friends have to do with this? Eunji wants to roll her eyes at the two but she doesn't want to be rude.

 

"I have already seen her Cindy" Chorong stated firmly making Cindy raise her eyebrows. Chorong doesn't want to reveal that but this Cindy girl is getting on her nerves. Eunji have to gulp with that knowing what exactly Chorong means.

 

"I saw her too since we were kids Chorong" Cindy bark back. Eunji want to knock her brain in the wall for not being able to think of something to stop this.

 

"And we've seen each others since were babies." Eunji finally interrupted the two."Ok fine. We've all seen her so what's the matter? We don't really have to argue over this" Eunji scratch her non-itchy head as she let out a sigh.

 

 

 

 

"Wiping her clean is enough for today. I guess" without changing her clothes.Eww. Eunji shrugged. 'Damn Bomi when will you wake up! I'm tired putting my in danger' Eunji sigh for the nth time.

- -

"Where am i?" A soft voice can be heard. Bomi look around only to see a very beautiful place that she dont even have any idea where it is. All she knows is that she's standing in the middle of the blooming flowers with a cold wind brushing agaisnt her skin.

 

She knitted her eyes only to see a certain girl standing with her back facing her. Bomi her lips as she knitted her eyebrows. Curious on who she is and why is she standing there with only the two of them in the certain place.

 

Bomi walk toward her direction and that is when her heart started beating so fast. Her palm is sweating and she didn't even know what is exactly happening to her. Bomi took a deep breathe everytime she take a step forward.

 

Getting nearer and nearer, finally she is now standing behind her. Bomi gathered all her courage and bravely tap the girl. The girl shuddered and is now slowly turning around. Bomi hold her breathe a moment there once she smelt the familiar scent.

Her heart is thumping really wild right now that she could hear her own heartbeats. Bomi's eyes started watering once she saw the familiar face she is longing to see since then. Those smile that is enough to brighten her day, Those eyes that she admire so much.

 

"N-Naeun?" She muttered. She couldn't believe her eyes and the only thing she wanted to do right now is to give her a hug. A hug that could tell how much she missed her and a kiss that could tell her how she loved her. A single tear finally slide down her cheeks the moment Naeun gave her a sweet smile that she missed so much.

 

"N-Naeun ah" She stuttered for the second time as she shakingly bring up her hands to touch her face.And it felt real. Bomi couldn't believe what is happening right now. Bomi softly touches her face as Naeun close her eyes and lean agaisnt her palm.

 

But then a familiar voice rang around. Interrupting their moments.

 

"I am here at the hospital babe."

 

"C-chorong?"

 

Isn't that belong to Chorong's? Bomi confusingly look at the girl in front of her and suddenly her sight is becoming blurry every passing seconds. "W-wait...Naeun ah?" Bomi is trying her best to make a contact with her but Naeun's image is getting blurred. She couldn't see her clearly like before.

 

"No. Im going to stay here. I want to take care of her"

 

Bomi closes her eyes very tight and open it to see if she could still see Naeun. But she just vanishes like a thin ashes in the air. Bomi shook her head in disbelief. "N-no"

 

"Fetch me tomorow evening ok?"

 

Bomi grip on her head trying not to hear those voices she knows who belongs to. "N-no i don't wanna see her." Bomi whispered to herself. "I don't wanna feel hurt again" She gritted her teeth once her head started aching so much.

 

"I love you too"

 

 

That's the last words she heard when her sight becomes brighter and brighter that it blinded her.

- -

Chorong just finished having a phone call with her boyfriend. Eunji who heard everything shot Chorong a look. They were sitting beside Bomi with Chorong on the right side and Eunji on the left side. Luckily, Cindy have to go somewhere for who knows where and Eunji is glad with that. After the argue that happened between Chorong and Cindy who's battling on who should wore a socks on Bomi make a big fuss that Eunji wanted  rip off her brain in front of them just  for them to stop.

 

Bomi, who is laying on the bed suddenly groan making Chorong and Eunji look at each other before abruptly standing up to look for Bomi. Bomi slowly open her eyes as she seems having a hard time adjusting her sight. Eunji immediately run to grab a glass of water.

 

"Bomi ah!!" Chorong shrieked.

 

Eunji who just came back with a water in her hand spoke up loudly. "PABOMI!!!" she exclaim in excitement.

 

Bomi opens to say something but seems like is feeling dry together with her chapped lips. Eunji immediately let Bomi drink the water causing Bomi to cough.

 

"OMO! I'm sorry. I'm just so so happy to see you alive again!!" Eunji smiled like a retard. Bomi nodded her head weakly as she shot her a weak smile.

 

"Bom are you ok?" Chorong spoke all of a sudden making Bomi look towards her direction. Chorong smile at her with Bomi's blank expression. Eunji looks at the two and cleared .

 

"Yah! Bom she take a really good care of you. You know" Eunji says proudly with a wide smile but Bomi remain silent."Uhm..Yah say something"

 

Bomi closed her eyes and a pang of pain strikes on her heart again. Remembering all the heartbreaks Chorong did to her and the reason why she is in this state.

 

"Bom. I missed you" Chorong softly spoke up.

 

Another white lies she assumed.

 

"Leave" Bomi got to say while her eyes were close. Chorong knitted her eyebrows, confuse on why Bomi is acting this way. Eunji gulp and look at Chorong worriedly.

 

"H-huh?" Chorong is not sure if she heard that right.

 

 Bomi opens her eyes but this time with a fire in her eyes. "I said..." Bomi's eyes started hitting up, watering. "Leave.Me.Alone" She hissed making Chorong widen her eyes in shocked.

 

Eunji remembered what the doctor told her that Bomi needed a rest and with that she shouldn't be stress or anything.

 

"Please leave her alone for awhile" Eunji formally said, looking at her pleadingly. Chorong's eyes started hitting up as she couldn't believe what Bomi has to say the moment she open her eyes.

 

"B-but why?" She bravely ask. Eventhough her heart is now in pain.

 

"I don't want to see you for now." Bomi harshly says as a tear slides down her cheek. Looking at Chorong who is frozen on her spot. Not blinking even once.  Bomi gathered all her courage to say the next words eventhough she knows it can hurt the girl in front of her. But she suffered enough to even pretend.

 

 

 

"I am tired." She said more like a whisper but enough for Chorong to hear. Chorong could feel her heart breaking in many pieces. She didn't know herself why she have to feel this way. This time, The pain is too much. Her tears kept on flowing freely as her hands were turning cold as ice. She noticed how Bomi seems to be like giving up. She look depressed. She looked hurt.

 

 

There is only one thing she knows. Bomi loves her and maybe that is the reason why she is being this way. And again, Bomi's next words sting her right on her chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I-I am tired pretending Chorong ah"

- -

To be continued.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I am so sorry for not updating but please stay with me. ill be not able to update for 1 week since i have to celebrate my birthday. But i have created a long oneshot for my absences. Please enjoy and never forget to share your thoughts and subscribe! Anyeong!!! <3