Switching Out

Cappuccino Love

"Are you sure you are allowed to be talking right now?... Uh-huh. Like I'll believe that mister. Go do your work right now. We can talk later."

A faint groan was heard from the cell in Tiffany's hand. Tiffany smiled and giggled at the noise.

"If you finish your work, I'll consider your proposal for that dinner. Great! Call me when-"

All of a sudden her phone was yanked from her hand.

"Mr. Kim. I do you hope you are not distracting yourself from work. Especially when an important phone call could be waiting for you."

Tiffany puffed her cheeks and extended her hands in attempt to take back her phone from the intruder's hand. Her attempts were futile as a hand planted itself onto her forehead and pushed her back.

"I know yesterday's meeting left a bad taste in your mouth and I doubt you want to talk to him, but Mr. Ok would like to speak with you. Are you currently available for a little chat over the phone?"

There was a silent pause. By now, Tiffany had given up and seated herself, arms crossed glaring at the carpet floor.

"Thank you! I'll connect you to him in a few." The phone screen faded to black with a beep.

"You know, Jess. If you needed to speak to him, you could have asked. I would have given you his number." Tiffany stretched her arms and opened her hands.

"I have his number Tiff. His work number anyways. I expected to be put through his secretary or something. Here. Thanks." Jessica handed the phone back to Tiffany's waiting hands.

"How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That he was talking to me."

"I figured he would be either busy or he wasn't picking up. It was a gamble really, but the both of you are starting this dating business. I simply put two and two together. Couples can't stay far from each other at the beginning of the dating period."

Tiffany wrinkled her brows at Jessica's explanation. "You sound so technical. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to get this last task done for Taecyeon. I should-"   

"Do you want to come to dinner?"

Jessica's eyebrow raised trying to break down the question asked to her.

"Would I like to come to dinner with you?"

Tiffany realized her strange phrasing and blushed. She quickly corrected herself.

"Ah! No. I meant- I'm accepting Taeng's invitation to dinner. I wanted to ask if you would like to come. You need some rest. I promise you won't be the third wheel."

"Oh. I don't want to interrupt your time with him. I'll be fine. Thank you for asking." Jessica giggled. 

"I understand. If you feel hungry or lonely, you can stop by. I don't know where we are eating yet, but I'll text you the address."

"I'll consider that offer. See you tomorrow or tonight Tiff." Jessica left the cubicle.


Jessica watched as Taecyeon paced around the office room mumbling about CEO and their stubbornness. 

"Why can't I mess with the products? We are supposed to be partners, yet he refuses. He's hiding something from me."

"You're getting paranoid. This partnership isn't going to be easy if you act like everything is out to get you." Jessica rolled her eyes in annoyance. Why was she stuck with this?

Taecyeon had managed to reach some sort of compromise with Taeng, but it meant some loss on his part. He can't touch nor can he see the assembling process. For now, they are only working together with no contract to test waters. Both companies will see how much profit can be made with what rules and conditions they had set for each other.

"Fine. I give him 2 months to come crawling to my door begging for ideas of improving his machines. Now, that monthly checkup." 

Taecyeon shuffled through the box, picking up each binder and quickly skimming over all the files. This was the only time Taecyeon had Jessica at awe. He may be lazy and uncooperative, but he was manipulative and efficient when he wants to be . It was only right for him to take the CEO seat from his father. Within 20 minutes, Taecyeon placed the last binder to the side with a smirk.

"By the way, floors 50, 38, 25, and 7 reduced their record time."

"No matter. I already have a set punishment in mind."

Jessica sighed, feeling sorry for the slower floors.

Taecyeon pressed the intercom button and grinned widely like a kid on Christmas Day.

"Hello~ It's Taecyeon. I would like announce the results our monthly game. It seems everyone is getting used to the system right? Heheh. The following floors are switching! Better pack up your stuff. 23 and 32! 45 and 12! 7 and 3! 25 and 17! 38 and 28! Lastly, 50 and 36! While a few floors did get better, it does not help when you can't go faster. All switched floors are to send in paper work and, my diligent little workers, you better adapt fast to your new job because if you don't...well it's a given isn't it? Since you all are still new, I'll be lenient. I'll be looking forward to our next checkup. Bye!"

Taecyeon got off the microphone and turned to Jessica. "That was fun, wasn't it my dear secretary? If only I was there to see their faces." He gave her a smile and sat back on his chair to continue reading his documents. Jessica took a glance at the clock which read 2:56 pm. 

Why can't it be 8?


"....Lastly, 50 and 36!..."

Tiffany's eyes tore from the phone screen. Usually she ignored the results from the stupid game. When it began, the game had yet to applied to her floor, which was surprising considering how horrible the organization of this floor was. This was inevitable. She bit her lip at the thought of moving.

How is she supposed to move this cubicle down?

AN:// Yes, there is no yulsic yet. I'm sorry guys. This is just a little mini update. I'm finding myself updating every 2 months, but it's because I'm writing this story on my free time and when I feel I have some material to work with. All this stuff is coming from my brain and my imagination. I promise you that Yul will definitely show up in the next chapter. Oh, by the way, yes Tiffany is moving to Floor 36 now. Nothing to get sad over because she can visit Jessca since they work under the same building. However, why the 36th floor?