From Afar

Cappuccino Love

Jessica Jung was going through her daily routine consisting of smashing her alarm clock against the wall before proceeding to wobble into the bathroom. After she had brushed her teeth, combed her hair, and applied her makeup she removed her pajamas to change into her work attire. Her next objective was leaving her house and buying her usual coffee at the cafe she frequently visited every morning. It was exactly 11 o' clock when she arrived to the small coffee shop. Her work doesn't start until 12 which gives her time to wait and order her coffee before she relaxed on her favorite seat next to the window. 

There was a particular reason why she came to this shop at the exact time and hour. It wasn't because the shop had a 25% off sale on selected flavors every morning. Her reason wasn't because the coffee was extraordinary. It tasted like any other shop you could buy from 2 or 5 blocks away. It was special because at 11:20 am every morning, her ears would listen to the familiar ring of the doors bell signaling a customer.

Hearing the ring, Jessica's eyes moved up from her coffee cup and darted over to the tall figure heading towards the counter. She gave a light smile as she heard his deep husky voice ordering his usual coffee. His voice soothed her and prepared her for the upcoming stress she will encounter at her work. Jessica really cannot explain her feelings towards the man who was patiently waiting for his coffee. She didn't even know his name. The name of the stranger she finds comfort in every morning at 11:20 am. She glanced at the clock on the wall to find that it was 11:25. She had 20 minutes left before she must leave to go to the building she dreaded. Sighing, she lifted her coffee cup to before taking a sip. It was better to clear those thoughts for now and think of it later. All the negativity will only ruin her coffee and morning. Jessica moved her eyes to direct them towards the same man who was now slowly drinking his coffee while reading a newspaper.

15 minutes passed. Other than the occasional sound of mumbles of other customers or the light slurping of coffee, there was only silence between her and the stranger. She heard a shuffle before the sound of a chair being dragged on the floor. She glanced up to see him walk to the trash bin ready to throw his empty cup of coffee. Seeing him leave through the door, she waited a few minutes and stood up to exit the shop. 

It was a shame he didn't stay any longer than 15 minutes. Her work building was only a 5 minute drive from the coffee shop. Was it bad she felt this attracted to a stranger she saw 9 days ago? After starting up her car engine, she placed her coffee in the cup holder. She prepped herself for the horror that awaits for her everyday as she turned into the parking lot of Ok Corporation.

"Another day with my arrogant of a boss."