Same Pace

Cappuccino Love

Jessica entered the skyscraper through the sliding doors. She passed the reception desk and turned to the direction of the elevator.

"Good Morning Ms. Jung." The receptionist greeted her. Jessica nodded in acknowledgment and walked into the elevator. Coffee in one hand and her papers in the other, she maneuvered her finger to press the 50th floor button. The music tune filled the entire elevator while the floor numbers increased on the small electronic screen located on the top right corner of the elevator. 

When the vertical moving contraption stopped with a ding, Jessica took a deep breath and adjusted her face to an icy look. The door opened and revealed an office setting. Unlike the other normal floors in the building, this one floor labeled by the numbers 5 and 0 was loud, noisy, annoying, irritating...She was ready to pull her hair out!

Papers were scattered all over the carpet floors and chatter was in the air. Jessica pinched the bridge of her nose and squared her shoulder. Striding down the the walkway, she passed her yelling colleagues in their cubicles who were screaming into the office telephone. She ignored them all.

"Where were the papers the client requested for?!"

"Who was responsible for the placement of the business files?"

"I'm sorry, sir, do you mind holding while I get someone on the line to help you?"

"The documents for the construction plans of the clients have gone missing! Who went through the desks without permission?!"

"It is very important and crucial those files do not go missing- Ms. Jung!"

Jessica inwardly groaned when she heard someone call her in the midst of all the incoherent conversations between a worker and the customer. 

"Ms. Jung! Good Morning err- I mean Good Afternoon!"

"How are you this afternoon, Ms. Jung?"

"Would you like some tea or perhaps a small snack before you head to your office?"

"Ms. Jung! I see you are doing well. How was your morning?"

Everyone quickly crowded around her with questions and greetings. The sheer number of Ms. Jungs and How are yous overwhelmed her tired brain. She can feel a headache combined with a migraine developing and it wasn't even the end of the day yet.

"Good Afternoon to you all. Now please get back to work." The bombarding questions began to quiet down as walked down her desired path. She turned to her right and stopped by a familiar cubicle.

From a mile away, this one box can be spotted instantly due to its bright pink walls courtesy of the one and only pink monster. The only non pink object placed inside the walls was the lone white beige cream colored computer. That didn't stop the pink monster from decorating the poor helpess machine. All around the screen and body were pink stickers with different designs ranging from words to those clothes stickers. There was this one time when she had to stop the monster from painting the computer, yet the pink monster persisted saying the cream color didn't match well with everything else. 

"Tiffany Hwang. Hey! Yah!"

Tiffany, dubbed by Jessica as Pink Monster, had her eyes glued to her computer screen. Jessica rolled her eyes and moved to flick Tiffany's neck.

"Echkk. Who did that- JESSICA! My BFF! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the office? Wait I forgot to ask you about your morning. It's ok. You know Mr. Ok looked pretty upset this morning." She gave her signature eye smile to greet Jessica, but it immediately changed to a small frown.

"You don't need to worry about me or Taecyeon. I can never understand why you call him Mr. Ok. He was in the same high school as you. In fact, I was in the same high school as you but you address me informally." Jessica sighed. "Forget it. Nevermind. So what are you doing?" She looked over Tiffany's screen before her vision was covered in darkness. 

"Agh there's nothing here to look at Jessie. You should go before Mr. O- I mean Taecyeon gets all mad. You know how much of a drama queen he can be when you don't show up on time." Tiffany hurriedly shoved Jessica out of her cubicle with her manicured hands covering the girl's eyes.

"You better not be hiding anything from me Hwang. I'll come back later." Jessica glared at the girl chuckling nervously behind her before walking away. She continued back towards the one room at the end of the walkway.

Jessica Jung didn't like her boss because he was demanding or rude. No. It was because of his attitude when he sees her. His constant touching was annoying. His cooing was disgusting. His attempts to win her heart were cheesy to the point she wanted to hurl. Plus he had the nerve to present her with a sandwich that had cucumbers as a gift for her first day at work. 

She shuddered then turned the doorknob to Mr. Ok's office. She will never understand why he designed it so his secretary will be working within his room with him. Was his purpose from the beginning to hire a girl then woo her the moment she becomes his secretary? Maybe he was one of those closet erts. She braced for impact the moment she closed the door behind her. 

Taecyeon popped up from his desk and jumped over to pat her head. She stared at him blankly while he grinned in happiness.

"He sure doesn't seem upset to me."

"Jessica! Good morning or good afternoon, whichever you prefer. How are you my only secretary? Are you in need of assistance for anything? You know you can always come to me if you are in trouble." Taecyeon kept patting her head before moving to take her shoulder to shake her. 

"Mr. Ok, I thought I made it clear to you to stay 10 feet away from my personal space. Please stop smothering me!" She put her two arms out and pushed his body away from her space bubble.

Taecyeon looked down to see her coffee and papers pressed on his chest. He looked at her dainty hands as they tried to apply enough pressure to push him away.

"Hoh, you have my papers for me. Thank you. I've been looking for these. Our next partner-to-be would be very upset to find that we had lost it. I can't afford to lose this merge again." He grabbed the papers from her hand and spun around back to his chair.

Feeling the object of her misery move away, Jessica regained her footing careful not to spill her coffee. She turned to her small table and chair opposite from Taecyeon's desk. It was also 20 feet, but that didn't make any difference for him to pounce her.

This was going to be a long day AGAIN.